At least we know we have a QB that can win us games | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least we know we have a QB that can win us games

I said he played mediocre. Which, by the way, isn't bad.

Not only that, I said he is mediocre, and I've been saying he would be mediocre before he was drafted. And, as long as he has been a Dolphin I have said he will be mediocre, and he will,at his best, be a little better than mediocre and , at his worst, be a little below mediocre; and I stand by what I have said all along. Chad Henne is mediocre and will never be very good or great.

I don't expect him to play great, so I am not disappointed with his play tonight, but, on the other hand, I'm not wearing the rose colored glasses either. He is what he is. Mediocre.

And your posts in this thread are mediocre. He played a very good game tonight. Mediocre wouldnt have gotten 360+ yards and 2 TDs against this defense. Is he Brees or Manning in the pocket, no, but he is far from being mediocre. Some of the posters here are unreal. No matter what numbers a player puts up, its never good enough. Sound just like Canes fans.

FWIW, I thought Henne played well, same as the last time we came down here. He seems to have an annoying ability to convert 3rd downs. I was sure there was a TD coming at the end of the game. Over time he and Marshall are going to make a lot of highlight reel plays together.

Isn't that exactly what he did against the Jets at home last year?

Sure did. Then he sucked it up down the stretch when every game was critical and he played well tonight, but when the game was on the line and we had 1st and goal from the 6, he couldn't deliver. So saying a guy can win us games after failing to win us a game when given a golden opportunity is a bit presumptuous regardless of the one game he won us last year.

Tonight was the first time he allowed me to begin thinkin this way

Lets recount your famous claims.

1. Start Dobbins over Crowder.
- Thats worked out perfectly correct!? Dobbins BLOWS, our run defense blows and we get raped in the short middle or flats.

2. Henne did not show much last night?
- I don't even know what to say to that. Just no.

with the game on the line and 1st and goal in the last moments of the game, henne didn't connect on his passes (never mind any 2pt conversion). And if you look at that last pass to fasano, it was high, wide, and late. no, henne didn't win the game last night. to his credit he did throw for a lot of yards, but a loss is a loss.

Regarding the final drive, I think he was hindered by the playcalling once we reached their goalline. Throwing to the flats on third down? Gotta take a shot at the end zone there.

Regarding the final drive, I think he was hindered by the playcalling once we reached their goalline. Throwing to the flats on third down? Gotta take a shot at the end zone there.
I love the rational. If a play succeeds, its all Henne. If a play fails, it was a terrible play by Henning. That was a clear checkdown. He went through some of his progressions and dumped it off. Giving Henne a pass by saving the play calling was bad is weak. Last time I checked too, Henne is the qb. If a play sucks, call a frickin audible or is that too advanced for him.

I love the rational. If a play succeeds, its all Henne. If a play fails, it was a terrible play by Henning. That was a clear checkdown. He went through some of his progressions and dumped it off. Giving Henne a pass by saving the play calling was bad is weak. Last time I checked too, Henne is the qb. If a play sucks, call a frickin audible or is that too advanced for him.

Holy ****, I need to buy VIP.

He audibled like 5-8 times this game. Good job recalling those plays.

The ENTIRE endzone was covered by the Jets, you rather have Henne try to force the issue on 3rd down or give the ball in the flats for the RB to make a play and have another chance at the endzone?

I really don't understand you guys.

Oh excuse me, I didn't realize I was having a discussion with such a genius. How many times a guy audibles is irrelevant if you're saying a terrible play comes in and he doesn't audible out of it. Its not like I'm looking for him to achieve some audible quota. Last time I checked, the end zone is always covered by the opposition on obvious goalline passing plays. Maybe you missed Hartline open in the endzone during that check down b/c Henne sure did. Maybe you missed the entire end zone covered on 4th down, but Fasano was still there if Henne would've just put the ball in the right place. Another frickin Henne apologist.

Oh excuse me, I didn't realize I was having a discussion with such a genius. How many times a guy audibles is irrelevant if you're saying a terrible play comes in and he doesn't audible out of it. Its not like I'm looking for him to achieve some audible quota. Last time I checked, the end zone is always covered by the opposition on obvious goalline passing plays. Maybe you missed Hartline open in the endzone during that check down b/c Henne sure did. Maybe you missed the entire end zone covered on 4th down, but Fasano was still there if Henne would've just put the ball in the right place. Another frickin Henne apologist.

Dude, it was Henne who drove the team down the field and put Miami in repeated positions to score IN SPITE of how many times we tried to kill our momentum with the Wildcrap. Henne would come back in on 3rd and long and put it in the perfect sort for Bess to move the chains. He played more than well enough to win that game if our special teams and defense had bothered to show up. I'm certainly not a Henne "apologist" because he has nothing to apologize for. If you are expecting perfection on every play, it aint gonna happen.

I think some fans are confusing "mediocre" with "good" or solid. What I mean is, Henne may not be Dan Marino someday but he still can be a very good QB. I think fans that don't see greatness all the time think "mediocre". IMO Henne is still developing and I really think you can see improvement from last year....where btw he didn't play all that bad for the most part.

I'll take a solid starting QB and I think thats what Henne will be. If you're looking for Peyton, Brady or Brees...he's not going to be that.

Dude, it was Henne who drove the team down the field and put Miami in repeated positions to score IN SPITE of how many times we tried to kill our momentum with the Wildcrap. Henne would come back in on 3rd and long and put it in the perfect sort for Bess to move the chains. He played more than well enough to win that game if our special teams and defense had bothered to show up. I'm certainly not a Henne "apologist" because he has nothing to apologize for. If you are expecting perfection on every play, it aint gonna happen.
I'll repeat for those hard of hearing, Henne had a very good game. Did he play well enough for us to win the game if our D and STs was even decent, absolutely. But to blame the failure to execute on 1st and goal from the 6 when the game was in his hands on the play calling is just weak which is what a poster a few posts back did. A great qb, which some Henne lovers are claiming Henne is, would have punched that in. We have more then enough weapons to punch that in. Its not like we're talking about our WR core from 2008.

I'll repeat for those hard of hearing, Henne had a very good game. Did he play well enough for us to win the game if our D and STs was even decent, absolutely. But to blame the failure to execute on 1st and goal from the 6 when the game was in his hands on the play calling is just weak which is what a poster a few posts back did. A great qb, which some Henne lovers are claiming Henne is, would have punched that in. We have more then enough weapons to punch that in. Its not like we're talking about our WR core from 2008.

Okay, I get what you are saying. However, even great QB's don't make EVERY throw EVERY time. The greatest Dolphin ever, Dan Marino, missed a few critical throws in his time. While I'm sure Henne will never be in Marino's class, just because he's off on one pass by one foot does not mean he can't be a top 10 QB or better.

Back
Top Bottom