Atlanta Falcons Desperate for DL? We've got a lot in stock... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta Falcons Desperate for DL? We've got a lot in stock...

LOL @ This USELESS THREAD!

Come on Guys, Vick for Taylor? I would LOVE this but it won't happen, why discuss? As far as that DUMB A$$ JILLS fan, he is closet FIN FAN, why else would he post here?

And CK, I like Vonnie Holliday on this defense. I think he will fit in GREAT in a 4-3 vs the pass.. I have a buddy who is a KC FAN and what he said was Vonnie got doubled most of the time because there is nobody else on their D. I look for him to be a FANTASTIC ROLE player!! IM actually very excited about him on the team!!

LithoMan said:
I'm not even going to argue with either of you, because you have no idea of what your even talking about. You dont even know the definition of an OLB in a 4-3, compared to a SS LB in a 3-4. You just think they are all the same. You two are probably the ones who would of wasted a 2nd overall on a turd like Derrick Johnson.

Hey Professor...You do realize that teams have different requirements and different traits for linebackers, correct? Before you get all worked up and start pontificating, grab a clue or two.

Some teams dont even bother with traditional Weakside and Strongside linebacker designations. Some teams pretty wholeheartedly refuse to stick to what "Football for Dummies" says.

Specifically, in the 3-4, there are several teams who do not use a traditional 3-4 Strongside linebacker. Alot of teams running the 3-4 nowadays will use two pass rusher types. Look at the Ravens with Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, and Adalius Thomas.

LithoMan said:
It takes more then speed to play the SS LB. The only we reason we arent going to run the 3-4 more then 50% of the time, is because we cant. And even then, we will be lucky to see it 2 maybe 3 times a game. And, when we do, we will get toasted. Spragan is the best shot to play it, but even then, Donnie aint all that.

Please, Coach Saban, got any other revelations?

Still waiting for you to enlighten me to as how Roth cannot play LE or 3-4 OLB.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
So you finally admit that Julian Peterson is a linebacker.

Oh Christ, I thought you "blocked" me. Go back behind the wall, you dont want to get shown up againdo you?

Whats his #? How many snaps is his hand on the ground? Because that is what a SS LB does. He converts to a pass rush end, when there aint a TE. Or the SE is in close. Do you even know the role of a SS LB? He plays end, he play LB, he plays pass coverage, he plays pass rusher, he even plays zone. Hum, ya, lets see Roth do all that. NOT!

Disgustipate said:
Hey Professor...You do realize that teams have different requirements and different traits for linebackers, correct? Before you get all worked up and start pontificating, grab a clue or two.

Some teams dont even bother with traditional Weakside and Strongside linebacker designations. Some teams pretty wholeheartedly refuse to stick to what "Football for Dummies" says.

Specifically, in the 3-4, there are several teams who do not use a traditional 3-4 Strongside linebacker. Alot of teams running the 3-4 nowadays will use two pass rusher types. Look at the Ravens with Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, and Adalius Thomas.

Please, Coach Saban, got any other revelations?

Still waiting for you to enlighten me to as how Roth cannot play LE or 3-4 OLB.

Your such a geenus, yes geenus, it aint genius... Would yo be refering to Tony Dungys D? If not, who's then? Please let me know, when you do....

LithoMan said:
Oh Christ, I thought you "blocked" me. Go back behind the wall, you dont want to get shown up againdo you?

Whats his #? How many snaps is his hand on the ground? Because that is what a SS LB does. He converts to a pass rush end, when there aint a TE. Or the SE is in close. Do you even know the role of a SS LB? He plays end, he play LB, he plays pass coverage, he plays pass rusher, he even plays zone. Hum, ya, lets see Roth do all that. NOT!

we already had the coversatoin of "blocking".

What is his position called by the team? What position is his pay scale based on? What position does opposing coaches call him? What position does he call him self?

The answer to all those is Linebacker.

You were the one that got "showed up"

LithoMan said:
Your such a geenus, yes geenus, it aint genius... Would yo be refering to Tony Dungys D? If not, who's then? Please let me know, when you do....
relax bro....take a deep breathe....repeat after me....I am not always right....I am not always right..

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
we already had the coversatoin of "blocking".

What is his position called by the team? What position is his pay scale based on? What position does opposing coaches call him? What position does he call him self?

The answer to all those is Linebacker.

You were the one that got "showed up"

Not quite, because as the question put too you got blown off by you, was "How many times does he put his hand on the turf?" It varies from foe too foe, but the point being, he does that too. He played end in college. My point is, he was an end, that still can play end, and does on occasion, due to competetors Offensive formations. He actually plays more end roles, then he does LB roles, so I do consider him an end, even if all you geenus think he's a LB.

LithoMan said:
Not quite, because as the question put too you got blown off by you, was "How many times does he put his hand on the turf?" It varies from foe too foe, but the point being, he does that too. He played end in college. My point is, he was an end, that still can play end, and does on occasion, due to competetors Offensive formations. He actually plays more end roles, then he does LB roles, so I do consider him an end, even if all you geenus think he's a LB.

So he just wants to make less money and call himself a linebacker.

The question doesn't blow me off. The question doesn't matter.

LithoMan said:

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about(And neither are you, it seems). The Dolphins in Bates defense is a team that didnt really differentiate between WOLB and SOLB.

LithoMan said:
My point is, he was an end, that still can play end, and does on occasion, due to competetors Offensive formations. He actually plays more end roles, then he does LB roles, so I do consider him an end, even if all you geenus think he's a LB.

So let me get this straight...Your whole shtick consists of you saying things that are blatantly wrong and calling people "geenus"? That's quality posting.

Still waiting for a response on why Roth cant play OLB, or how the team is doomed to fail because they dont have a traditional Strongside LB, etc. ?

LithoMan said:

Ok... A SS LB plays:

End
Pass rushing LB
Pass Coverage
Zone

You wanted Blackstock over Roth, because Blackstock is a prototypical SS LB.

Here's what the REAL experts have to say about Blackstock:

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/profiles/outsidelinebacker/DarrylBlackstock.php

OTC Draft says he's a good pass rusher, but needs to work on coverage... ok, he's a 50% efficient SS LB...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/blackstock_darryl

NFL.com lists him as "a work in progress against the pass" also,

"Blackstock appears to be lost in zone coverage, as he will bite on fakes and play action and does a poor job of keeping eye contact on the ball and receiver when covering deep."

Fantastic! So he's actually a LIABILITY at 50% of the tasks you assigned a "prototypical SS LB"

Darryl Blackstock is a raw, one trick pony who is a good pass rusher and nothing more. He's a liabilty against the run, he's a liability against the pass. Yet you wanted to draft him over Matt Roth, who is a very high motor pass rusher, who is VERY strong against the run and has the ability to be either a RDE or LDE for us, as well as being able to play a pass rushing OLB for us (which lets face it... is all Blackstock can do at OLB). Lets not even touch on the fact that we're not even a full time 3-4 team to utilize a SS 3-4 LB who is only good on pass rushing as opposed to a very solid DE who should see a good amount of time in rotation on the DL. We're WAY more than a SS 3-4 LB away from being able to run the 3-4 full time, if Saban even has any intention of ever doing so.

Once again, Blackstock would have been a specialized role, limited-time player this year even more than Roth will be. I fail to see your point about how we need them to play this year.

What you should have said is that we needed to draft according to need, but limit our selections to only the candidates that you have preapproved, because you lock in on "your guys" and seem to get offended when the people actually in charge of the team don't consult your recommendations.

Drafting BPA -- but only BPA that makes a difference THIS YEAR -- is not drafting BPA... it's drafting for need. You take the BPA period. Keep in mind that even if Roth can't play LDE and he's strictly JT's replacement... JT is getting older and may only have 1 or 2 years left.

I love narrow-minded, I'm right, you're wrong points of view. They entertain me.

Back
Top Bottom