Atogwe starting to gain interest | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atogwe starting to gain interest

If there's no pick attached to his RFA tender, then what the hell are we waiting for?

What exactly is the tender on Otogwe?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's no pick attached to his RFA tender, then what the hell are we waiting for?
I'm wondering this as well. And to the guy above, how is this a stupid statement? If they match the offer, they match the offer... better than some other teams starting a bidding war for him after the tender period expires and he is free to sign with any other team.

:up:
And by finheaven you mean me, since that's who you quoted. Please enlighten me, oh mighty omniscient one :rolleyes2:. What exactly is the tender on Otogwe?

No picks required. "Right of first refusal."

Also, a "Poison Pill" could be thrown in, but it is frowned upon in the NFL. (There are multiple threads that expliain the meaning of this term.)

:up:

No picks required. "Right of first refusal."

Also, a "Poison Pill" could be thrown in, but it is frowned upon in the NFL. (There are multiple threads that expliain the meaning of this term.)

That's what I thought it was. Thank you very much. But that brings me back to my first question. What are we waiting on? Is there at least some sort of dialogue between the team and Otogwe's agent? That's all I want to know.

I'm wondering this as well. And to the guy above, how is this a stupid statement? If they match the offer, they match the offer... better than some other teams starting a bidding war for him after the tender period expires and he is free to sign with any other team.

you guys act as if he should just sign with us and not wait for the bidding war

you need to put thought into this instead of just whining and begging for an FA signing. this is real life not fantasy football. we lost out on Antonio Bryant and you would think he was the next Jerry Rice

he is not gonna commit and the Dolphins are not gonna commit to something that could be and would probably be undone by the Rams

if and when he becomes a UFA then we will offer him what we think he deserves. it will be smart and the crybabies will think it is "being cheap".

go be a Redskins fan if you think crazy spending is the way to go

Nobody said crazy spending but the Steelers signed Ryan Clark on the cheap so what did we offer him, the veteran minimum?? We need to stop being so fricken cheap!!!

Do the Dolphins think that players are automatically going to sign just because Parcells is there?? Is that the reason for lowballing? They think the player will sign a lesser contract just to play in Miami...well news flash...that isn't going to happen!!!!

it does make sense. The Steelers signed him to a fair salary. Clark was not asking for a lot of money but we must've offered a really low contract for him to be insulted

Clark and his agent spun things and now you think we offered less than he signed for?

you are naive

its basically the story of a 30 yo guy with a blood disorder, missing 2 organs who over-estimated the market

why would he immediately go back to Pittsburg if his market value was so great?

reality hit him and his agent, they spun it as "the cheap Phins" and ran back to the Steel city before they signed any more safeties

Clark and his agent spun things and now you think we offered less than he signed for?

you are naive

its basically the story of a 30 yo guy with a blood disorder, missing 2 organs who over-estimated the market

why would he immediately go back to Pittsburg if his market value was so great?

reality hit him and his agent, they spun it as "the cheap Phins" and ran back to the Steel city before they signed any more safeties

I think that you may be the one guilty of naivete. The only ones that are privy to the information we're talking about are the principals involved (i.e. not us). We have no clue exactly what happened with Ryan Clark. The Dolphins may very well have low-balled him. The same probability exists that what you said is true. The fact is we don't know.

Back
Top Bottom