Atogwe starting to gain interest | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atogwe starting to gain interest

i say give him a 5 year 25 mil contract with a clouse saying if he plays in stl 4 times a year he gets bounse 10 mill no way stl will match that contract noway they pay 75 mil over 5 yrs

UPDATE........
O.J. Atogwe-DB-Rams Mar. 11 - 11:27 am et

Restricted free agent FS O.J. Atogwe is reportedly "on the Cowboys' radar."
It doesn't say much for Ken Hamlin's standing with the club. Atogwe offers superior playmaking ability while Hamlin remains a prime candidate for release with $6 million due this season.
Source: Dallas Morning News
Related: Ken Hamlin
ROTOWORLD................

If the cowboys are going after him we NEED to make a play come on tuna...................

Mr. Parcells, OJ Atogwe would be a great option for us! We should act fast!

...Mr Parcells?

relaxingonthebeach-1.jpg

if the Rams are reluctant to sign him to a contract, why would they be quick to match any offer that comes along? if they valued him that much, why not a better tender?

:up:

No picks required. "Right of first refusal."

Also, a "Poison Pill" could be thrown in, but it is frowned upon in the NFL. (There are multiple threads that expliain the meaning of this term.)

Who cares if it is frowned upon in the NFL, it's a cut throat league. The Patriots videotaped the signals of opposing teams for god knows how long so in the grand scheme of things, a poison pill wouldn't be awful. Besides, the Rams could've placed a higher tender on him to somewhat protect themselves.

Who cares if it is frowned upon in the NFL, it's a cut throat league. The Patriots videotaped the signals of opposing teams for god knows how long so in the grand scheme of things, a poison pill wouldn't be awful. Besides, the Rams could've placed a higher tender on him to somewhat protect themselves.
I honestly don't care if it's frowned upon or not, I was just stating what the NFL thinks of it.... It's very common in the NBA.... But I would threaten a "Poison Pill" at the Rams if they wanted to match OJ's contract.

I don't see why people are reluctant to offer him a contract. The rams may not match it, nothing is a gaurantee anymore. Someone(preferably) us has got to take that chance. I don't think its smart to wait until June to see if he becomes a UFA.

Might be teams want to see how Thursday, April 22 plays out :ponder:before getting into a bidding war.

Rams FS O.J. Atogwe will reach unrestricted free agency on June 1 if the team does not sign him to a long-term deal, guarantee a 2010 contract of $7 million, or trade his rights.

The predicament has to do with Atogwe's right of first refusal tender. Currently a restricted free agent, Atogwe can be signed to an offer sheet until April 15. If he fails to draw an offer, Atogwe can force the Rams' hand on the $7 million guaranteed, knowing that the team will lose his rights by June.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

Just do the poison pill for him. I'm sick of hearing how the league frowns upon it, blah, blah, blah. If they don't want it, then put it in the league rules to prohibit it. Someone's going to do this and push them into it eventually, why not get some benefit out of it before they get rid of it.

poison pill em!

if we get him, thatd be amazingg.

id be very inclined to do this

Trade down:
1- (20ish)- Send to Denver for Marshall
2- Best OLB avalible
2- Best NT avalible
3- Best TE avalible
4- Best OLB avalible

Championship run?

Back
Top Bottom