Attempt at 53 man roster and PS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attempt at 53 man roster and PS

I missed that Miami signed Quincy Wilson. I haven't followed him since he entered the NFL, but he has the size and feet to excel as a nickel vs big slots. Of course, he hasn't been good to date, or he wouldn't be available for a futures/reserve contract. He has NFL talent, though. Maybe it clicks in Miami for him.

Agree with most of this, but I disagree about a few spots.

I think McKinley makes the active roster over Redwine.

I also think Diesch > Little and/Kindley. I also think the UDFA from Minnesota has a chance to pass either or both.

Gesicki will be grouped with the TE's, and I think they'd rescind the tag if he won his case for WR.

TE is interesting. Carter is kind of a ST's-only player, so if they could replace him elsewhere, it'd let them keep Gesicki, Long, Smythe, and Shaheen.

DL is ridiculously deep. And, there will be some tough cuts.

In terms of rotation, I think: Michel is closer to RB3 than RB1, Long is TE2 on talent 🤞, Tindall over Roberts, and Jones over Rowe.
Gesicki already signed his franchise tag contract and as far as I know, he didn’t even try to fight the tag as a TE by claiming he should be paid the franchise tag of a WR.

Trade candidates:
  • Gaskin (6th, 7th or player swap)
  • Kindley (conditional 6th)
  • Rowe (5th)
  • Shaheen (7th)
Rowe’s highest value to the team is as a scheme fit, but, should a team desperate for Safety help make an intriguing offer, Grier must consider.
Rowe is too valuable to trade, IMO. I really don’t see another third safety on the team I would feel comfortable having to come and and play or start if either Jones or Holland are injured.

Redwine is a bottom of the roster type player at best and McKinley was an UDFA who is probably practice squad material in 2022. Fejedelem is the only other safety they have on the roster and he is a better special team player than he is a safety.

Brother @Carne Asada

We have a contest in Club each year and the winner gets a badge and hat

I can't keep up with the name changes so you may already know this

Dieter at center is concerning for me. We also need a vet tackle for insurance.
He’s going to be pushed. He’s no lock and he’s a concern. Connor Williams reportedly is struggling with shotgun snaps but they are looking for solutions. Dieter is just not a physically talented guy. Even his advocates are hoping he can ascend into merely an average player. You need quickness and pop to have an advantage inside and he has neither.

Let’s see what happens. Worst case, we have a lot of picks in next year’s draft. Keep an eye on Georgia’s center.

Last edited:
Is Trill Williams still around? I would love to see a combination of Trill and McKinley replace McCourty and Coleman. I like Hamilton as an option but he’s more of an outside corner. I see McKinley and Williams as guys who can line up on a slot receiver or play either Saftey position. Rowe needs to stay. No one on the roster can duplicate what he does in coverage. We are toast without him.

I think Mostert might start out on PUP or have some designation to clear a spot for White. I like him. I think he can be that guy who just always picks up positive yards even when it looks like nothing is there.

I also feel like Goode can be a contributor. He has the potential to make enough plays to stay on the roster.

MG should move to TE and Bowden should make the team. He is a great possession receiver and there isn’t better depth on the team.

I would love to see Coleman make the team. Outside of Jackson, Coleman probably has the most potential amongst our young Tackles.

I can’t wait until teams start with their cap casualties so we pick through the bargain bin and get a more accurate look at the final roster. There will definitely be some solid players available. Signing a center would be nice. But we got by last season just bringing guys on to spot fill in. I’m not going to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Back
Top Bottom