Attempt at 53 man roster and PS | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attempt at 53 man roster and PS

If we have 3 good CB's, are we really thin at CB?
Jones and Howard have been nicked up in the past and their age is a concern in that area. Do you trust Iggy? Flores was pretty good with backups in this area. So while the oline is a concern we have a lot of high picks, big time fa so there is lots of depth imo. Soo

2 QB: Tua, Bridgewater

1 FB: Ingold

4 RB: Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, White (R)

7 WR: Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Ezuk (R), Bowden, Williams. Sherfield (ST)

3 TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Long

4 OT: Armstead, Eich, Coleman, Jackson

4 OG: Williams, Hunt, Jones, Diesch (R)

1 C: Dieter

6 DL: Ogbah, Wilkins, Davis, Sieler, Butler, Jenkins

7 LB: Phillips, Baker, Robert’s, VG, Riley, Tindall (R), Goode (R)

5 S: Holland, Jones, Rowe, McKinley (R), Trill Williams, Feje (ST)

5 CB: X, Jones, Needham, Igbo, Crossen
I would move Hunt to RT and Eich to R guard

Calling it now: In a bit of a surprise, undrafted Safety Verone McKinley makes the team outright (no practice squad).

The kid played behind Holland at Oregon and was the first Freshman in 41 years to lead the PAC 12 in INTs.

I’ve watched a lot of his games and was pretty surprised to see him go undrafted.

I have a best guess, see attached file. Those in yellow are pretty much in.
I believe Rowe is the TE coverage guy unless you play Holland there so he stays.
Fejedelem's contact was restructed and you don't do that if you are going to cut him,
After Williams & Hunt, Kindley has better tape that anyone else at guard and he has played Left & Right so he could be a swing guard. Remember Kindley & Hunt did get some push as a right side two season ago and that may be the fall back position.
Centre #2 is clearly West at the moment but I think it probably somebody not on the roster and West could go to the PS
I think 4 are set on the OL : Armstead/Williams/Dieter/Hunt - the question is does someone claim the RT job or does Hunt move out. Draft position is in favour of Jackson & Eich so they are probably in.
Rb 1-3 is set and Gaskin and White (who is cheaper and can go on the PS) are in a fight to backup Edmonds, Doaks backs up Michael and Ahmed backs up the back most likely to have injury issues, Mosert and therefor makes the roster and can return kicks as in college.
I think Sherfield is above Bowden & Williams because of scheme knowledge and ST play. If Bowden can secure return duties in is in.
Jenkins/Eguavoen/Scarlett are replacable at the bottom by the likes Goode, Shaheen , William or Wilson depending on where the staff think cover is required.
The General (McKinley) is a player and I think he can find a role.
Diesch might be inactive all year but if he falls to the PS someone will claim him especially as he fit the scheme, may need to hit the weight room.
Seems Overthecap may have stuffed up - West is still at the 49ers from everything else I've read. Slightly distracted by Australian Federal election the past two weeks.

Both CB and Safety run 3 deep for Miami. Those 4th - 6th spots are up for grabs. I think Miami eventually keeps 6 CB's and 4 safeties. I'm not counting out Trill Williams or Vernon McKinley just yet. In spite of their odds. Miami is apparently high on both.

At the OL. I think Robert Jones will take the biggest step forward and solidify his spot on the team, perhaps winning the starting RT job? Diesch is a guy who could really surprise due to his superior athletism.
Either Jones or Diesch or Eich as a surprise would be great.

Calling it now: In a bit of a surprise, undrafted Safety Verone McKinley makes the team outright (no practice squad).

The kid played behind Holland at Oregon and was the first Freshman in 41 years to lead the PAC 12 in INTs.

I’ve watched a lot of his games and was pretty surprised to see him go undrafted.
99.9 % of undrafted players don’t make it. History is against him. Good luck doe, it would be a positive sign for the phins if he makes the roster. I’ll play the Rudy song.

99.9 % of undrafted players don’t make it. History is against him. Good luck doe, it would be a positive sign for the phins if he makes the roster. I’ll play the Rudy song.
Slightly worse odds than guys drafted rounds 5 thru 7. The kid is probably good enough to stick as a 4th Safety, and he’s got the skill set to play ST’s, which helps his slim odds. I don’t know what his personal relationship is with Holland, but if they’re best buds, that certainly doesn’t hurt either.

It’s still unlikely he sticks, but I’ve got a hunch that he does.

What percentage of NFL players are undrafted?

30 percent

Roughly 30 percent of players in the NFL are undrafted free agents. Furthermore, 17 undrafted free agents are currently residing in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Even before the final pick was announced, teams were already making signings in the 2021 UDFA class.May 3, 2021

Offense- 11 personnel with Gesicki in the slot. Last spot is basically between Bowden, Williams, Gaskin and Ahmed. I'm assuming Ahmed would actually make it to the PS. Fejedelem is no more.

QB1 1 Tua Tagovailoa
QB2 2 Teddy Bridgewater
PSQB 1 Skyler Thompson

RB1 3 Sony Michel
RB2 4 Raheem Mostert
RB3 5 Chase Edmonds
PSRB1 2 Salvon Ahmed (We actually poached him from the 9ers)
PSRB2 3 Gerrid Doaks

FB1 6 Alec Ingold
PSFB 4 John Lovett

WR1 7 Tyreek Hill
WR2 8 Jaylen Waddle
WR3 9 Mike Gesicki
WR4 10 Cedrick Wilson
WR5 11 Erik Ezukanma
WR6 12 Preston Williams
PSWR1 5 Trent Sherfield
PSWR2 6 Braylon Sanders

TE1 13 Durham Smythe
TE2 14 Adam Shaheen
TE3 15 Hunter Long
TE/FB 16 Cethan Carter
PSTE/WR/FB 7 Tanner Conner

LT1 17 Terron Armstead
LG1 18 Connor Williams
OC1 19 Michael Dieter
RG1 20 Robert Hunt
RT1 21 Austin Jackson
OT3 22 Liam Eichenberg
OG3 23 Solomon Kindley
OC2 24 Cole Banwart
OG/OT4 25 Greg Little
PSOL1 8 Ronald Jones
PSOL2 9 Kellen Diesch

Defense- 4-2-5 Nickel as base

RE 26 Jaelan Phillips
RDT 27 Raekwon Davis
LDT 28 Christian Wilkins
LE 29 Emmanuel Ogbah
DE3 30 Andrew Van Ginkel
DT3 31 Zach Sieler
DT4 32 Adam Butler
DT5 33 John Jenkins
DE4 34 Melvin Ingram
PSDL1 10 Daeshon Hall
PSDL2 11 Cameron Goode
PSDL3 NA Benito Jones

LB1 35 Jerome Baker
LB2 36 Elandon Roberts
LB3 37 Channing Tindall
LB4 38 Brennan Scarlett
LB5 39 Duke Riley
PSLB 12 Calvin Munson

CB1 40 Xavien Howard
CB2 41 Byron Jones
CB3 42 Nick Needham
CB4 43 Noah Igbinoghene
CB5 44 Keion Crossen
CB6 45 Quincy Wilson
PSCB1 13 D'Angelo Ross
PSCB2 14 Elijah Campbell

FS1 46 Jevon Holland
SS1 47 Eric Rowe
FS2 48 Sheldrick Redwine
SS2 49 Brandon Jones
PSS 15 Verone McKinley

K 50 Jason Sanders
P 51 Thomas Morstead
LS 52 Blake Ferguson
KR/PR/WCQB/WR/RB 53 Lynn Bowden Jr
PSP 16 Tommy Heatherly
I'm very much ok with this roster.

Undrafted players make up over 25% of the league. So it makes sense that a couple of these guys might make it.

30 percent

Roughly 30 percent of players in the NFL are undrafted free agents. Furthermore, 17 undrafted free agents are currently residing in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Even before the final pick was announced, teams were already making signings in the 2021 UDFA class.May 3, 2021
I was starting to say it before I saw you post it. People just don’t know. There’s about 15 on average per team.

Seems Overthecap may have stuffed up - West is still at the 49ers from everything else I've read. Slightly distracted by Australian Federal election the past two weeks.
I sent him a comment about West a week ago... the updates have been slow for awhile... it looks like a one man operation during his vacation...

Lol

30 percent

In the NFL at the moment, or on opening day rosters? Any link to support that? Not arguing, but I find that number suspect and would like to read further.

In the NFL at the moment, or on opening day rosters? Any link to support that? Not arguing, but I find that number suspect and would like to read further.

So 15 players (on average) on every team are UDFAs from that year? That is not remotely true. There may be 30% total in the NFL, but that is cumulative, and is not representative of an individual UDFA's chances of making a final roster. That number is less than 2%.

For example (from 2020) only 33 UDFAs from the previous draft year made opening day rosters (around 2%).

Only 16 teams out of the 32 in the NFL kept a player on their 53 man roster who went undrafted in 2020. What you said may be true, but wasn't really the context of the discussion. The odds of an UDFA sticking are pretty freaking low.

Back
Top Bottom