Attempt at 53 man roster and PS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attempt at 53 man roster and PS

If Doaks, in his second year is only PSRB #2, I do not see him ever making a big contribution

He can still fight it after signing the tender. Last I heard he was leaving the decision up to his agent.
I don’t believe he can fight it now because he signed his contract. If he wanted to argue that he should be considered a WR instead of a TE under the Franchise tag designation, he would have had to file a grievance before signing his present contract.

Based on how they use him during the 2022 season. If they don’t sign him to a long term contract and they try to franchise him again, he could try to claim he should be paid the franchise money of a WR if he plays the majority of the 2022 season as a WR and not a TE.

I just don’t see the Dolphins keeping him if they have to pay him the type of money the top WR’s in the league are paid.

I don’t believe he can fight it now because he signed his contract. If he wanted to argue that he should be considered a WR instead of a TE under the Franchise tag designation, he would have had to file a grievance before signing his present contract.

Based on how they use him during the 2022 season. If they don’t sign him to a long term contract and they try to franchise him again, he could try to claim he should be paid the franchise money of a WR if he plays the majority of the 2022 season as a WR and not a TE.

I just don’t see the Dolphins keeping him if they have to pay him the type of money the top WR’s in the league are paid.
He can still appeal after he signs. I doubt he would though, it would torpedo any good faith towards a long term deal.

This is him talking about it AFTER he signed the tender: https://theredzone.org/Blog-Descrip...ation---I-m-not-really-a-big-controversy-guy-

Both CB and Safety run 3 deep for Miami. Those 4th - 6th spots are up for grabs. I think Miami eventually keeps 6 CB's and 4 safeties. I'm not counting out Trill Williams or Vernon McKinley just yet. In spite of their odds. Miami is apparently high on both.

At the OL. I think Robert Jones will take the biggest step forward and solidify his spot on the team, perhaps winning the starting RT job? Diesch is a guy who could really surprise due to his superior athletism.

Great list and not much to disagree about at this stage, but I’ve got Sherfield over Bowden. I don’t trust Bowden’s hamstring, and he’ll need a 100% healthy camp and preseason to stick, especially if Preston is healthy.

Sherfield was effectively brought in to replace Hollins, and his other advantage is his direct knowledge and experience in the system.

Pretty sure he sticks. McDaniel brought him here for a reason.

I’m high on McKinley taking a roster spot, Rowe potentially being traded/cut, and Brandon Jones being a good starter. I also like Trill Williams to make the team at CB.

I think Z. White could make the team. I have a feeling Michel will be RB3, and Gaskin will be odd man out with Ahmed getting on the squad, especially if Mostert starts on PUP.

Shaheen and Carter are both unlikely to make the team, especially if Hunter Long proves he’s worth the draft pick.

I don’t know how WR shakes out but it’ll be a fun position to watch in TC. Same with OL. Lots of variables

2 QB: Tua, Bridgewater

1 FB: Ingold

4 RB: Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, White (R)

7 WR: Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Ezuk (R), Bowden, Williams. Sherfield (ST)

3 TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Long

4 OT: Armstead, Eich, Coleman, Jackson

4 OG: Williams, Hunt, Jones, Diesch (R)

1 C: Dieter

6 DL: Ogbah, Wilkins, Davis, Sieler, Butler, Jenkins

7 LB: Phillips, Baker, Robert’s, VG, Riley, Tindall (R), Goode (R)

5 S: Holland, Jones, Rowe, McKinley (R), Trill Williams, Feje (ST)

5 CB: X, Jones, Needham, Igbo, Crossen

He can still appeal after he signs. I doubt he would though, it would torpedo any good faith towards a long term deal.

This is him talking about it AFTER he signed the tender: https://theredzone.org/Blog-Descrip...ation---I-m-not-really-a-big-controversy-guy-
My mistake, you are correct. I just figured that once he signed his franchise tender, he could no longer appeal his position designation. After reading your comment, I looked it up and you are 100% right. He can still appeal but based on his statement it doesn’t appear he or his agent intend to appeal the TE designation.

That may change if he has a productive 2022 season playing more at a WR position than the TE position and they franchise him again after next season. Hopefully if he has a good season in the new offense, he can reach an agreement on a long term contract with the Dolphins.

I have a best guess, see attached file. Those in yellow are pretty much in.
I believe Rowe is the TE coverage guy unless you play Holland there so he stays.
Fejedelem's contact was restructed and you don't do that if you are going to cut him,
After Williams & Hunt, Kindley has better tape that anyone else at guard and he has played Left & Right so he could be a swing guard. Remember Kindley & Hunt did get some push as a right side two season ago and that may be the fall back position.
Centre #2 is clearly West at the moment but I think it probably somebody not on the roster and West could go to the PS
I think 4 are set on the OL : Armstead/Williams/Dieter/Hunt - the question is does someone claim the RT job or does Hunt move out. Draft position is in favour of Jackson & Eich so they are probably in.
Rb 1-3 is set and Gaskin and White (who is cheaper and can go on the PS) are in a fight to backup Edmonds, Doaks backs up Michael and Ahmed backs up the back most likely to have injury issues, Mosert and therefor makes the roster and can return kicks as in college.
I think Sherfield is above Bowden & Williams because of scheme knowledge and ST play. If Bowden can secure return duties in is in.
Jenkins/Eguavoen/Scarlett are replacable at the bottom by the likes Goode, Shaheen , William or Wilson depending on where the staff think cover is required.
The General (McKinley) is a player and I think he can find a role.
Diesch might be inactive all year but if he falls to the PS someone will claim him especially as he fit the scheme, may need to hit the weight room.

Attachments

• GUESSIMATED ROSTER.pdf
    235.7 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom