ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Per usual, FH is filled with a contingent that are eager to bash every move made by the Dolphins without giving the move any time to work itself out before making judgement.

With those that are dead set that Tannehill is already a bust, yet concede that QB was still a need for this team, what would have been your plan of attack?

Keep in mind that Weeden would have been gone at 22 (and everyone knew this) and that trade downs and trade ups are not always possible. With this knowledge, you would have preferred to bypass a QB for a DE or 2nd-level WR and gone the classic 2nd round route for a QB that has worked out so well for us?

Any bashing it will be in the depths...............

Kuechly, Floyd, or a pass-rusher.

So, from this, I assume you believe the QB situation in Miami was just fine? I asked what your plan of attack would be in terms of solidifying the QB position.

thanks for making this, we would have been overdrafting at pretty much every position. Flloyd, Reiff?, decastro? ingram? copels ? I don't see how people can hate so hard on this pick. Finally we as a fan base actually have something to look forward to.

I'm not a Tanny-basher (hope he works out for us), but I am one of those who would have preferred not taking him at #8 since I wasn't sold on him.  I would have liked to snag Kuechly...really feel we will lament passing on this kid, perhaps in the same way we now lament passing on Pat Willis.  And then I would have let the chips fall where they may regarding Tannehill and Weeden.  

It was more important [to me] to get a guaranteed elite player at #8.  The only person that NEEDED QB "solved" this season was Jeff Ireland.  I was ok waiting until next draft if we had to.

Anyways, now that he's a Phin, I'll be hoping and praying he pans out and looking forward to his development.  He has a high ceiling, that's for sure.  If he is as smart as people say he is, I think he will be fine.

So, from this, I assume you believe the QB situation in Miami was just fine? I asked what your plan of attack would be in terms of solidifying the QB position.

No, I think we were ****ed. I was just going to ride out an 0-16 season until we hit the better QB class next year.

I'm not a Tanny-basher (hope he works out for us), but I am one of those who would have preferred not taking him at #8 since I wasn't sold on him.  I would have liked to snag Kuechly...really feel we will lament passing on this kid, perhaps in the same way we now lament passing on Pat Willis.  And then I would have let the chips fall where they may regarding Tannehill and Weeden.  

It was more important [to me] to get a guaranteed elite player at #8.  The only person that NEEDED QB "solved" this season was Jeff Ireland.  I was ok waiting until next draft if we had to.

Anyways, now that he's a Phin, I'll be hoping and praying he pans out and looking forward to his development.  He has a high ceiling, that's for sure.  If he is as smart as people say he is, I think he will be fine.

The problem with this, as you know, is you can't rely on "getting a QB next year"... That has NEVER worked out well for us. We can't rely on getting the 1st overall pick, and if we do, we can't rely on having an elite QB prospect in the draft. We thought we finally had that this year midseason, but then they go and win 6 games! The fact is, you just can't take the "wait til next year" approach, because the NFL is too unpredictable and you never know how things will shake out.

If Tannehill does not start, than this wasn't a "need", it was a "want". A need implies something that is essential immediately. Miami has many "needs" , a developmental QB was not one of them. Miami needs a dominat LB to compliment Cameron Wake, Miami needs a replacement receiver, a safety, a right guard and tackle. Those were needs. I would rather that Miami drafted a player who would have an impact immediately and made the bold move next year to acquire Barkley.

I will be rooting for him BUT i was firmly against this pick.

Kuechly would have been my pick.

And the qb situation has not been fixed yet.Next year theres alot of good QB's to take a look at.

No, I think we were ****ed. I was just going to ride out an 0-16 season until we hit the better QB class next year.

Like I said above, you can't rely on sucking hard enough to get the 1st pick in the draft. This year should have taught you that. And also, there is no guarantee next year's draft will feature elite QB prospects. Just because Matt Barkley is one now, doesn't mean he will be that next year. We have constantly seen "elite" college QBs screw themselves by going back to school for a year. Heck, Barkley could tear his ACL or suffer a career-ending injury for all we know.

Bottomline, when you are in position to take a good QB prospect, no matter how raw, you take him, bottomline. We have been burned too many times by worrying about "value" and passing on QBs.

If Tannehill does not start, than this wasn't a "need", it was a "want". A need implies something that is essential immediately. Miami has many "needs" , a developmental QB was not one of them. Miami needs a dominat LB to compliment Cameron Wake, Miami needs a replacement receiver, a safety, a right guard and tackle. Those were needs. I would rather that Miami drafted a player who would have an impact immediately and made the bold move next year to acquire Barkley.

It was a need because we don't have a franchise QB. If he needs to be coached up for a year, then we should be damn happy we have Moore and Gerard here to keep the seat warm for him while he gets ready. You can't write someone off simply because they don't start on day 1...

QB is the ONLY need there is in the NFL! Bottomline, you CAN'T WIN without a QB!

That would have been a long ride because this team is not going 0-16.

Cox 100%. He makes an impact immediately and with him and Wake going after the QB, we won't need someone to put up 21 points a game.

Back
Top Bottom