ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked?

i liked tannehill, just wanted to get an extra pick, but safe is good

Nobody's talking about tanking a season.  Focusing on next year's draft can also mean identifying a can't miss prospect and trying to move up and get him.

And what if there isn't a can't miss prospect? And what if you aren't in position to move up to get him?

Suppose the only "can't miss" prospect in the draft is set to be taken by a QB-needy team with the #1 overall pick and the Dolphins are picking 10th... What then? Wait til next year? Before long, we will be waiting til 2020...

Yeah, I'm immature because I called him Akili Smith 2.0, but you can take a **** on me with impunity. Whatever, dude.

No, I couldn't care less what your opinion is because you actually used the very immature and extremely bias "tannehill is an a**clown" remark yesterday. Akili Smith 2.0? You can do better than that. Awful comparison. Akili Smith failed because he has nothing going on between the ears. Tannehill is actually the opposite. Try again. Keep posting. You're proving me right

I will be rooting for Tannehill, and I hope that he succeeds. That being said, I am firmly against this pick. He only has played QB for a year and a half and we don't necessarily have the weapons to help him out. I would have taken Floyd or Kuechly and then grabbed Kirk Cousins or Brock Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd.

I am not a Tannehill hater, but I don't see as worthy as the #8 pick. Would much rather have selected an impact player...Kuechly, Ingram, Floyd, Reiff, DeCastro all would have been wiser selections at #8. Would of rather taken Russell Wilson in round 3 for QB.

I will be rooting for Tannehill, and I hope that he succeeds. That being said, I am firmly against this pick. He only has played QB for a year and a half and we don't necessarily have the weapons to help him out. I would have taken Floyd or Kuechly and then grabbed Kirk Cousins or Brock Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd.

That sounds like the route we went with in 2007. Passed on Brady Quinn for Ted Ginn and drafted John Beck in round 2. That worked out well...

Watch Grudens QB camp on Tannehill and you will be sold on him...future pro bowler...

Watch actual game footage of him staring down WRs, making poor decisions throwing interceptions and you won't be sold on him being a future pro bowler.

And what if there isn't a can't miss prospect? And what if you aren't in position to move up to get him?

Suppose the only "can't miss" prospect in the draft is set to be taken by a QB-needy team with the #1 overall pick and the Dolphins are picking 10th... What then? Wait til next year? Before long, we will be waiting til 2020...

Waiting to what?  Hope?  

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But what do you suppose will happen to the Vikes (Ponder), Jags (Gabbert), Titans (Locker)?  We're not fans of those teams, so it's easier to be objective.  Do you think those guys will be successful?  What's your gut feeling?

Waiting to what?  Hope?  

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But what do you suppose will happen to the Vikes (Ponder), Jags (Gabbert), Titans (Locker)?  We're not fans of those teams, so it's easier to be objective.  Do you think those guys will be successful?  What's your gut feeling?

Who knows, too early to tell. But they never would have known if it would have worked out or not if they never took a chance.

Who knows, too early to tell. But they never would have known if it would have worked out or not if they never took a chance.

Of course.  Unfortunately the way it works is if you hit on your chance, you're set.  If you don't, you're resigned to many more years of suck.  The teams that aren't doing well aren't getting lucky on their gambles.  Everyone agrees it's more or less of a crapshoot apart from obvious talents like Luck.  So you can either keep playing the same slot machine or you can try to rig the game in your favor.  Washington has rigged the game in their favor - they identified someone they believe is can't-miss, and they got him (nevermind whether their evaluation is correct).  We're playing the same slot machine.

That's the downside of the QB-driven league.  Used to be there were many ways to win, but now if you don't have elite talent at that one position, you're screwed.  Personally, I thought it was a little more fair and fun when the Dilfers or Johnsons of the league could actually win a SB.  

Of course.  Unfortunately the way it works is if you hit on your chance, you're set.  If you don't, you're resigned to many more years of suck.  The teams that aren't doing well aren't getting lucky on their gambles.  Everyone agrees it's more or less of a crapshoot apart from obvious talents like Luck.  So you can either keep playing the same slot machine or you can try to rig the game in your favor.  Washington has rigged the game in their favor - they identified someone they believe is can't-miss, and they got him.  We're playing the same slot machine.

That's the downside of the QB-driven league.  Used to be there were many ways to win, but now if you don't have elite talent at that one position, you're screwed.  Personally, I thought it was a little more fair and fun when the Dilfers or Johnsons of the league could actually win a SB.  

Well, without getting one, we were in for many more years of suck anyway. At least now adays drafting a QB high isn't as bad as previous years because there isnt as much money tied up in it. If Tannehill isn' the guy, we will draft another in 3 years. Better than "hoping" we find these late round gems...

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Of course.  Unfortunately the way it works is if you hit on your chance, you're set.  If you don't, you're resigned to many more years of suck.  The teams that aren't doing well aren't getting lucky on their gambles.  Everyone agrees it's more or less of a crapshoot apart from obvious talents like Luck.  So you can either keep playing the same slot machine or you can try to rig the game in your favor.  Washington has rigged the game in their favor - they identified someone they believe is can't-miss, and they got him (nevermind whether their evaluation is correct).  We're playing the same slot machine.

Also, its not a forgone conclusion that RGIII will be successful... Its a lot riskier to do what Washington did than what we did. They gave up 3 1st rounders for someone who might not pan out while we just spend an 8th overall pick for a guy who might not pan out. I'd say the Dolphin are playing with house money in this scenario.

No, I think we were ****ed. I was just going to ride out an 0-16 season until we hit the better QB class next year.[/Q
There is absolutely no way in hell this team goes 0-16 even if Tanny started the season, and I fully believe he needs at least one year to learn the ropes

I will support tennehill and hope for the best but i would not have picked him and this scares the hell out of me. How often has a qb looked like a stud after his junior year with all kinds of potential then went back for his senior year only to have his flaws exposed with the extra footage and his stock drops. On small sample sizes it seems like people just focus on upside and not their flaws. Yeah i know hs not a junior but qb wise i think thats about where he isin development. Then when u look at the juunior qbs who have come out they have an extremely high bust potential. I agree we need a francise qb but u cant force someone into that roll. We did a good job of avoiding signing non francise guys like orton and flynn but feel ireland felt to much pressure from the owner and fans to stick to his guns.

Back
Top Bottom