ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked?

If the Fins FO wanted Tannehill, then so did I. I'm a happy camper.

SF and Ravens almost did but thanks to the ravens receiver to couldn't hold on to the ball and SF injury at punt returner they didn't. Let's not act like QB is the only hole we have.

A good QB covers up all the other holes. This is an indisputable fact in today's NFL. Flacco may not be elite, but he is a good QB. But go back and look at the QBs of championship teams over the past decade. Only Brad Johnson could be considered a subpar QB talent.

Whys that? This FO hasn't exactly had the best track record in the draft....

Though they haven't had the worst either. Plus, it's a new FO with Philibin and the affirmation of Sherman in the mix.

the only other situation to land tannehill for me would have been to take keuchly, and trade back into the first for tannehill... but I read they had a high grade on tannehill after last season, and if he was truly their guy, than pulling the trigger on him at 8 is perfectly acceptable to me.

at some point you have to take a chance on a first round qb, we haven't done it in 29 years... thats ****ing ridiculous frankly...

i am a matt moore fan and firmly believe if filled the MAY holes this team has, he would easily take us to where we wanted to go.

our biggest problem is not being able to compete in our division, aka tom brady and his two TE nightmare patrol.

we dont have any good safetys. we have ONE good cb in vontae [jury out on jimmy wilson] and one lb who is DECENT at covering TE's in burnette.

qb was not our biggest need, expecially with the limited play he has had.

i would have chosen any of the best pass rushers, or stephon gilmore.

I'm not bashing Tannehill; I think he is a good character kid with a lot of potential.

However, options other than Tannehill that I would have considered are...

Fletcher Cox DE
Luke Kuechly LB

I like tannehill, but I would have gone for kuechly to anchor the defense and then grabbed wilson to compete at QB.

Per usual, FH is filled with a contingent that are eager to bash every move made by the Dolphins without giving the move any time to work itself out before making judgement.

With those that are dead set that Tannehill is already a bust, yet concede that QB was still a need for this team, what would have been your plan of attack?

Keep in mind that Weeden would have been gone at 22 (and everyone knew this) and that trade downs and trade ups are not always possible. With this knowledge, you would have preferred to bypass a QB for a DE or 2nd-level WR and gone the classic 2nd round route for a QB that has worked out so well for us?

Since when was Michael Floyd a 2nd level WR?
A ton of scouts and GM's liked Floyd over Blackmon (talent wise) but they were concerned about off field issues.

Im not against Tannehill, but I'm still concerned about the pick and if he'll pan out.
But he wasn't the end all be all, Kuchely is a freak and there are a bunch of other names we coulda grabbed.

if they wanted tannehill, they should have traded down and gotten an extra pick, they still would have gotten tannehill

Besides Luck and RG III, why even draft a QB in the 1st round.

Just for the sake of drafting a QB in the 1st round and appeasing Dolphins fans?

A player that would've made an immediate impact and made an immediate improvement to the defense,
it should have been Kuechly.

I'm definitely not going to criticize Tannehill until he plays an NFL regular season game.
I'll be so happy if Tannehill does become a competent, winning NFL QB. But when will that happen?

Kuechly, on the other hand, as stated in SI, "a playmaking superstar at BC", Dick Butkus award winner, "workout warrior at the combine", would have helped the Dolphins immediately.

qb was not our biggest need

huhowlthumb282005-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom