ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked?

Cox 100%. He makes an impact immediately and with him and Wake going after the QB, we won't need someone to put up 21 points a game.

That has worked out great for us over the years... Check out all those rings the early 2000s Dolphins defense won us!

The problem with this, as you know, is you can't rely on "getting a QB next year"... That has NEVER worked out well for us. We can't rely on getting the 1st overall pick, and if we do, we can't rely on having an elite QB prospect in the draft. We thought we finally had that this year midseason, but then they go and win 6 games! The fact is, you just can't take the "wait til next year" approach, because the NFL is too unpredictable and you never know how things will shake out.

Right, but you're also wasting your time if you're not 100% sold on the QB prospects you have available to you.  Ireland/Sherman/Philbin were 100% sold on Tannehill, and that's great.  But if I were making the pick, I wouldn't have done what they did, because I wasn't 100% sold on THill.  

I hope, if we're in position to pick one of the top QB prospects next season, we go ahead and do it.  I do not want a Henne situation.

Trade down and pick up DeCastro...............

Right, but you're also wasting your time if you're not 100% sold on the QB prospects you have available to you.  Ireland/Sherman/Philbin were 100% sold on Tannehill, and that's great.  But if I were making the pick, I wouldn't have done what they did, because I wasn't 100% sold on THill.  

I hope, if we're in position to pick one of the top QB prospects next season, we go ahead and do it.  I do not want a Henne situation.

If his former head coach is %100 on him, so much so that he is staking his NFL career on it, I'm sold. I don't understand why others wouldn't be either, especially when we haven't even seen a FRACTION of the film on this kid that they have.

If he doesn't work out...you pick a QB again. And again. And again...until we find a QB.

I'm excited to have Tannehill. Here's to 2013!

The problem with this, as you know, is you can't rely on "getting a QB next year"... That has NEVER worked out well for us. We can't rely on getting the 1st overall pick, and if we do, we can't rely on having an elite QB prospect in the draft. We thought we finally had that this year midseason, but then they go and win 6 games! The fact is, you just can't take the "wait til next year" approach, because the NFL is too unpredictable and you never know how things will shake out.

Don't waste your time. You're trying to rationalize with someone that has been immature since the pick was made. I'm fine with people disagreeing but when you use the "Tannehill is an a**clown" line. You've proven that you're opinion is meaningless

Don't waste your time. You're trying to rationalize with someone that has been immature since the pick was made. I'm fine with people disagreeing but when you use the "Tannehill is an a**clown" line. You've proven that you're opinion is meaningless

Yeah, I'm immature because I called him Akili Smith 2.0, but you can take a **** on me with impunity. Whatever, dude.

If his former head coach is %100 on him, so much so that he is staking his NFL career on it, I'm sold. I don't understand why others wouldn't be either, especially when we haven't even seen a FRACTION of the film on this kid that they have.

I'm sold enough to not be a Tanny-basher.  We'll see.  Just because someone with experience believes in you doesn't mean you'll pan out.  I believe Mr. Henne had the endorsement of Parcells.  Yeah, Sherman probably knows QBs a bit better. 

Here's my bottom-line.  We took a 2nd round prospect.  Which means my expectations are the same they were for John Beck and Chad Henne.  A fair amount of doubt but hope that he becomes a franchise QB for us.  A lot of fans are kidding themselves into thinking they've taken a true first-round prospect who WILL, FOR SURE, pan out given time, simply because he was drafted high.  

I'm sold enough to not be a Tanny-basher.  We'll see.  Just because someone with experience believes in you doesn't mean you'll pan out.  I believe Mr. Henne had the endorsement of Parcells.  Yeah, Sherman probably knows QBs a bit better. 

Here's my bottom-line.  We took a 2nd round prospect.  Which means my expectations are the same they were for John Beck and Chad Henne.  A fair amount of doubt but hope that he becomes a franchise QB for us.  A lot of fans are kidding themselves into thinking they've taken a true first-round prospect who WILL, FOR SURE, pan out given time, simply because he was drafted high.  

I have yet to see anyone say that Tannehill WILL FOR SURE be a franchise QB. Most people are taking a wait and see approach, but a hopeful one given the endorsements by 2 coaches known for developing QBs and his skill set and hard working attitude.

When it comes to QBs, I don't believe in "reaches" anymore. If you recall, in 2008, Matt Ryan was considered a "reach" at #1 overall by most fans and pundits, but in retrospect, everyone bashes the Dolphins for passing on him.

No, I think we were ****ed. I was just going to ride out an 0-16 season until we hit the better QB class next year.

You really think we're going to tank a season with a rookie head coach who is trying to make a name for himself in the NFL???? Come on, man! Get real.

Agreed 100%. Any posts started about tanking the season should be moved to SPAM right away. To the fans tanking the season makes great sense but there is nothing in it for too many of the coaches and players to do it.

I have yet to see anyone say that Tannehill WILL FOR SURE be a franchise QB. Most people are taking a wait and see approach, but a hopeful one given the endorsements by 2 coaches known for developing QBs and his skill set and hard working attitude.

When it comes to QBs, I don't believe in "reaches anymore. If you recall, in 2008, Matt Ryan was considered a "reach" at #1 overall by most fans and pundits, but in retrospect, everyone bashes the Dolphins for passing on him.

Honestly, for me it's all about what's between his ears.  Beck and Henne were both hard workers, and each had some pretty good skills.  But each had problems that originated between the ears.  I'm sold on Tannehill's physical skills and hard-work attitude.  I don't have enough information to know if he's elite between the ears...and that's not referring to Wonderlic score.

While I'd take Matt Ryan (and many other QBs) over what we have now, I'd be disappointed if Tannehill becomes Ryan.  So for me, that was a good pass.  I know many disagree.  

I'm glad we rolled the dice.  I just want to roll them again soon unless we start seeing immediate signs THill's the guy.  I'm not a Parcells fan, but like he says, "If they don't bite as pups..."

Agreed 100%. Any posts started about tanking the season should be moved to SPAM right away. To the fans tanking the season makes great sense but there is nothing in it for too many of the coaches and players to do it.

Nobody's talking about tanking a season.  Focusing on next year's draft can also mean identifying a can't miss prospect and trying to move up and get him.

Back
Top Bottom