ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Tanny-bashers - Who would you have picked?

Well, without getting one, we were in for many more years of suck anyway. At least now adays drafting a QB high isn't as bad as previous years because there isnt as much money tied up in it. If Tannehill isn' the guy, we will draft another in 3 years. Better than "hoping" we find these late round gems...

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Also, its not a forgone conclusion that RGIII will be successful... Its a lot riskier to do what Washington did than what we did. They gave up 3 1st rounders for someone who might not pan out while we just spend an 8th overall pick for a guy who might not pan out. I'd say the Dolphin are playing with house money in this scenario.

Hard to say...don't think they are equal risks.  But honestly I didn't look at RG3 very carefully because he was out of play for us.  This is about as good of a situation as possible for our young pup though...I mean what rookie QB gets to go play in the SAME damn offense he was in in college?  We should know sooner rather than later.

Great player, but did Zack every get use past the divisional round of the playoffs?

You are kidding............You would give up a Zack Thomas like player for a QB that needs to sit for at least one year?

Did Chad Henne ever get us past the divisional round of the playoffs?

I think my answer to any discussion on Tanny talks is going to be "lets just wait and see"

You just never know, but the odds are in our favor concerning QBs taken in round 1 verse the rest.

Not being a GM or scout, I have said all along, just like the pursuit (or lack thereof) for Flynn, if Irish and co. take him, that's fine with me. I'm excited some more since I spent half the night looking at more film of Tanny but he is raw and will take some time to develop, but perhaps not as long as some seem to think.

That said, there were two guys I would have loved to have seen (well, of the guys that were attainable for us) and that was Keuchly and in a trade down scenario, Nick Perry... I like Dansby and Misi has some potential still, but those are the only LBers I like (Wake is a more of a DE in this scheme, he'll basically rush all the time, which is good). Keuchly would have slipped into the Mike spot and really helped Coyle put this D back on the map... Perry, later in the first would have been a good option as well opposite Wake, moving Misi inside...

You are kidding............You would give up a Zack Thomas like player for a QB that needs to sit for at least one year?

Did Chad Henne ever get us past the divisional round of the playoffs?

Aaron Rodgers needed to sit at least a year. That is FACT. He had to be reworked from the ground up to be de-Tedfordized. He ended up sitting THREE years.

This argument that he will need to sit a year, thus not worth the #8 pick is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have heard on this forum. garbage. just garbage.

Yeah and Brady Quinn is quite the stud too.

dude, we simply don't know if Tannehill is Brady Quinn or not. Regardless, taking Ginn + Beck turned out to be garbage. We tried that once and failed, so now its time to take the other route and see how it pans out.

dude, we simply don't know if Tannehill is Brady Quinn or not. Regardless, taking Ginn + Beck turned out to be garbage. We tried that once and failed, so now its time to take the other route and see how it pans out.

Right, but I think taking Tannehill at #8 is a mistake, I hope I am wrong, because I just want the fins to win no matter who the qb is. Michael Floyd is a much better prospect than Ginn was and I also think that Cousins > Beck.

If his former head coach is %100 on him, so much so that he is staking his NFL career on it, I'm sold. I don't understand why others wouldn't be either, especially when we haven't even seen a FRACTION of the film on this kid that they have.

His "former coach" didn't exactly get it done at A&M. I think Daboll was fine.

DidI mention I hate the WCO?

This was asked in the Draft Forum more than once. I wanted Kuechly. Not only a premium player but an awesome attitude that would have jolted the franchise in general. The Kuechly dedicated approach was typical of the early '70s. Recently we rely on goof balls who are more concerned with their next dance or grin or waving fingers in Tom Brady's face. Then we wonder why we can't stop a meaningful possession, or have gone 6 years since winning a game the week after playing the Jets. This team has the resiliency of an egg in flight.

I'm not a Tannehill basher. The guy has athletic ability, reasonable mechanics, and enough touch. It's not like we drafted a wing ding flailer like Jimmy Clausen at #8. Tannehill also can create, unlike Henne, who was dependent on the original design.

My issue is I can't remember being fooled by somebody who I didn't project as a high first round pick at quarterback during the season, and then he turned into a superstar. Actually, McNabb qualifies, if you consider him a star. During his college career at Syracuse I didn't think of him as a top pick or upper tier NFL quarterback. Can't think of anyone else. The failures are numerous.

Also, Tannehill was anything but impressive with Gruden, IMO. Overly passive and reliant on, "Yes, sir."

A quarterback should be self confident enough to interject and to consider himself on the same level as the instructor. You want an arrogant guy at that position. The more I hear "Yes, sir" I conclude phony or not assertive enough. Not assertive enough equates to the pathetic summaries that Henne shoveled every week on the Dolphins 5th Quarter show, dribble like, "It's disappointing. But we've got to go back to work..."

I don't like the Tannehill pick at all. He was a big time reach at #8. I don't see him being much better than Henne was. I wanted either Floyd or Keuchly at that spot. They would have made a much bigger impact this year than Tannehill will.

I was screaming for Kuechly. But I see now that Cleveland could've traded up and snatched Tannehill at any time, so I'm kind of indifferent about the pick.

QB is the ONLY need there is in the NFL! Bottomline, you CAN'T WIN without a QB!
SF and Ravens almost did but thanks to the ravens receiver to couldn't hold on to the ball and SF injury at punt returner they didn't. Let's not act like QB is the only hole we have.

Back
Top Bottom