Attorney: Ricky's Career is over | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attorney: Ricky's Career is over

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Okay guys did someone else beat me to the story again?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1936875

Ricky Williams' career as a football player may be over after he decided not to accept a proposal to re-enter the NFL and serve a four-game suspension for violations of the drug policy, according to his attorney, David Cornwell.

Williams is currently on the league's reserve retired list and needed to make a decision by Friday to try to be reinstated into the league. The league requires players on the retired list to be reinstated 30 days before the end of the season.

Williams met with Cornwell Wednesday night and Cornwell couldn't talk him into seeking reinstatement. More than a week ago, Cornwell worked out a proposal that would have allowed Williams to return this week and be suspended for the final four games of the season.

"Ricky is going to stay on the retired list and I have to conclude that his career is over," Cornwell said.

Well it sucks since now we can't trade him. I hope he has the 8.6 million saved up somewhere though.

How long does he think he can afford to keep paying legal sharks ...

...without going to work?

This is good news - at least nobody will be in any doubt about the need to look for a top back in the offseason now. No more threads about Ricky's trade value.

Bye bye 4 good.

RIP a promising football career.

Well, if this going to be the end, please let it stay the end. I don't want a breaking story a few weeks down the road saying he might come back. I want the Ricky saga to just end.

everyone needs to just let this guy go. Get our 8.6 million back then no more lawyers, no more phone calls, no more articles, and no more Ricky talk.

Just let the man self distruct. It seems to be all he wants to do. I wish I had as many bridges to burn as he does.....

TerryTate said:
Okay guys did someone else beat me to the story again?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1936875

Ricky Williams' career as a football player may be over after he decided not to accept a proposal to re-enter the NFL and serve a four-game suspension for violations of the drug policy, according to his attorney, David Cornwell.

Williams is currently on the league's reserve retired list and needed to make a decision by Friday to try to be reinstated into the league. The league requires players on the retired list to be reinstated 30 days before the end of the season.

Williams met with Cornwell Wednesday night and Cornwell couldn't talk him into seeking reinstatement. More than a week ago, Cornwell worked out a proposal that would have allowed Williams to return this week and be suspended for the final four games of the season.

"Ricky is going to stay on the retired list and I have to conclude that his career is over," Cornwell said.
Last Night I watched "Inside the NFL" and they did a piece on Bam Morris.

First off sitting there listening to him reminded me of interviews with Cecil Collins before the '99 draft. I hope Bam stays clean. Seems like a nice enough guy, but so did Cecil.

Also I got this feeling that in about 5 or so years we will be seeing a piece on Ricky saying how he screwed up his career.

If RW head is on straight and he is doing what he wants to do with his life, then so be it.

Miami needs to just go ahead and cut the guy and distance themselves from him.

Also, if RW does not get the award overturned then I expect him to now seek the bankruptcy route.

SkapePhin said:
Ce la Vies! (Sp?)

For the record, it's C'est la vie. I know this only because I studied French for five years.

Nublar7 said:
Well, if this going to be the end, please let it stay the end. I don't want a breaking story a few weeks down the road saying he might come back. I want the Ricky saga to just end.
Amen to that...though I'm sure we haven't heard the last of him...

Not so fast...

Dphins4me said:
Miami needs to just go ahead and cut the guy and distance themselves from him.

Cutting him gives him the freedom to seek a new contract elsewhere - if he can motivate himself to give up the dope. Let him rot on the reserve retired list.

Back
Top Bottom