Attorney: Ricky's Career is over | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attorney: Ricky's Career is over

I hope the NFL never sits at a table with Ricky or his people EVER again. It's a waste of time.

Plus, where is our $8.6 mill?????????? He either better pay it or let the legal system go to work.

TerryTate said:
Okay guys did someone else beat me to the story again?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1936875

Ricky Williams' career as a football player may be over after he decided not to accept a proposal to re-enter the NFL and serve a four-game suspension for violations of the drug policy, according to his attorney, David Cornwell.

Williams is currently on the league's reserve retired list and needed to make a decision by Friday to try to be reinstated into the league. The league requires players on the retired list to be reinstated 30 days before the end of the season.

Williams met with Cornwell Wednesday night and Cornwell couldn't talk him into seeking reinstatement. More than a week ago, Cornwell worked out a proposal that would have allowed Williams to return this week and be suspended for the final four games of the season.

"Ricky is going to stay on the retired list and I have to conclude that his career is over," Cornwell said.
Just read a Sports Illustrated article this morning where the reporter went and hung out with Ricky.

He was smoking lots of weed in front of the reporter and is down to 210 pounds and isn't working out.

This guy is toast.

It won't surprise me one day if Ricky offs himself, once hes broke and realizes how badly he screwed up his life.

Clearly he is a troubled individual.

i think it is safe to assume that he doesnt have 8.6 mil.

I've been saying he won't come back for weeks, everytime he talked he said he was going to finish his 17 course and football did not make him happy. He also said the lawyers want him back because they want to get paid!

Now we can move on and forget all about him!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've been saying he won't come back for weeks, everytime he talked he said he was going to finish his 17 course and football did not make him happy. He also said the lawyers want him back because they want to get paid!

Now we can move on and forget all about him!
I agree, I have been on the fence with Ricky all season but Its time to forget him and move on.

Where are all those "Bring Ricky Back, oh how I love him" people???
"I miss RW, bring him back" :lol:

What a scumbag he is.

I can't believe there are fans of my team that wanted him to play for the phins again.

well the only good to come of this is that i don't have to read the 9 million posts about how we were going to trade him for somebody's 1st rd pick anymore

I told you so......... All the talks of him coming back because of some drug deal his lawyer cooked up were all for not from the get go because Ricky never had any intentions of coming back. I NEVER wish death on anybody, but......... I hope Ricky gets caught with a bunch of that Dope, and gets a lengthy prison term.........Wouldn't it be fun to see him "Find Himself" then???

Man, every week is a different story with this guy. Hopefully we won't see any more posts about how he can come back and help this team next year. The guy is a total headcase and doesn't know what he wants. Which is bad news in an organization in dissarray right now.

I have no anger towards Rickey at all, despite that I'd like to shoot him in the nuts with a rifle.

GazPhin said:
...without going to work?

This is good news - at least nobody will be in any doubt about the need to look for a top back in the offseason now. No more threads about Ricky's trade value.

Bye bye 4 good.

RIP a promising football career.

How is this good news? Now you can't trade him for anything.

Ricky's done. I hope Wayne does get his 8.6 million back, and gets it back as quickly as possible.

Screw the guy. That's what he's said to everyone else, including the NFL - who will not tolerate that anyway. I feel that the offer from the NFL would have been pulled off the table anyway after the SI article hit the stands.

Noodle Arm said:
Well it sucks since now we can't trade him. I hope he has the 8.6 million saved up somewhere though.
maybe he can work at a carwash and pay it back a little at a time. i don't think any company will try to get his endorsement on anything. maybe rotorooter! :) :D :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom