AUDIO: Boomer Esiason Thinks Miami Might Make a Play for Kirk Cousins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AUDIO: Boomer Esiason Thinks Miami Might Make a Play for Kirk Cousins

I think Gase is just fine with Tannehill as his QB. We don't need to get into this kind of bidding war over a QB that is similar in talent to what you already have.
brings up something interesting. Could Miami (just from a financial standpoint) make a splash with Cousins or Brees. In other words, could they slash enough available contracts to fit someone like that?

If they were hell bent on freeing up the money I'm sure they could slash enough but at what cost?? I'd rather roll with Tannehill than Cousins, RT has a couple years in the system and I was really liking the way things were heading prior to the injury. That said, I'd love to see Brees in a Dolphin uniform. That should of happened while Saban was here so that ship sailed.

In the draft, in round, 1, get the best QB on the board. That's where the Dolphins will find their next great QB. While their at it, they need to draft some real quality oline help and a TE like Tony Fumagali of Wis. If we do all that and stay away from any big dollar signings other than keeping our own, the offense might just be excellent. It's on Ryan to come back with his hair on fire with his game elevated. We are betting quite a lot on him bouncing back strong, I think he will, but I want Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield backing him up, just in case. I hope Gase took Cutler off his speed dial, there's one guy I want to just forget.

brings up something interesting. Could Miami (just from a financial standpoint) make a splash with Cousins or Brees. In other words, could they slash enough available contracts to fit someone like that?
Suh, Landry, Tannehill opens up more than enough space but ALL 3 have to go to make a Cousins or Brees signing work.

Tannehill wouldn't matter cause you just replaced him. Landry looks to be gone anyway at this point. So really it would only mean cutting Suh to make it work.

With our cap situation....

It would be silly to overpay for a stop gap QB...especially one that is 39? yrs old (Brees)...about as crazy as paying Cutler 10m for a one season "rescue"...paying for Cousins is crazy talk

This team HAS a QB that is good enough AND has even more potential than we have seen AND is cost effective....BUILD A TEAM THROUGH THE DRAFT... GET SOME CONTROL OF THE CAP...MOVE FORWARD....

IMO of course

As one poster succinctly put it, I wouldn’t bet against Tannehill, but I’m sure as hell not betting on him either. Yet, I’d still keep Tannehill as opposed to way overpaying for another free agent QB who’s more hype than anything.

Read a headline online yesterday speculating that the Jets were ready to break the bank for Cousins. I say more power to them. Let them be stuck with that albatross contract and the inevitable fallout.

I don’t get the Cousins love. I consider a good fantasy streamer, nothing more. I think the fact a Washington moved on is all you need to know. You can cry to me about how they didn’t want to pay him all you want but if they truly believed he was some great QB you can’t convince me they wouldn’t have made it happen. Personally I think they upgraded and had no idea Cousins > Alex Smith in NFL circles. It has to be fantasy driving this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/the-2018-starting-quarterbacks-ranked-by-apy/

Do you REALLY want to move from Tannehill with his arrow pointing up (my opinion) at a cost that, comparatively speaking, is not bad?

No way I would consider it...draft a QB...regardless of the round...with an eye on the future of our team
There are some on FH who would even take a chance on a supposedly rehabilitated Jamarcus Russell over Tannehill - the H8OCD being so overwhelming. So always consider the source, as the saying goes.

With our cap situation....

It would be silly to overpay for a stop gap QB...especially one that is 39? yrs old (Brees)...about as crazy as paying Cutler 10m for a one season "rescue"...paying for Cousins is crazy talk

This team HAS a QB that is good enough AND has even more potential than we have seen AND is cost effective....BUILD A TEAM THROUGH THE DRAFT... GET SOME CONTROL OF THE CAP...MOVE FORWARD....

IMO of course
obviously if they went after Brees they would draft a qb still

My biggest off day he top of my head gripe with Cousins is I felt every time I watched the skins in a big game he was not good. Just found his record against what’s considered top competition and it’s 4-19. Somebody is going to make a huge mistake paying this guy.

My biggest off day he top of my head gripe with Cousins is I felt every time I watched the skins in a big game he was not good. Just found his record against what’s considered top competition and it’s 4-19. Somebody is going to make a huge mistake paying this guy.

He’s been bad in the clutch on repeat. Although I do think in 2017 he played his best football.

Is this an upgrade though to a healthy tanny nope. Not at all

He’s basically got the Matthew stafford reputation mistakes in the clutch although stafford has seemed to break that of late so it can happen. But it’s not very often a guy can break from that

For the jets it does make sense to go all in here unless you believe baker mayfield who is likely to be the only qb of allen, rosen, and the usc kid to be there at 6 is a better option.

And I’m telling ya that high people care about prototypes.

There is no sense in making a lateral move like this. I don’t care about the statistics, Cousins is not an upgrade over RT and not nearly worth the contract many are projecting.
Both QBs are above average IMHO, but neither is a difference maker that can carry a team or mask big deficiencies on their teams.

Back
Top Bottom