Average Yards Per Carry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Average Yards Per Carry

BlueFin said:
He sure didn't carry them in the big games, three straight pathetic games against Oklahoma, wasn't a factor in the Rose Bowl.
That's because the defenses keyed on Benson and stacked the box.

Oklahoma dared Vince Young to beat them.....he couldn't.

Michigan took Benson out of the game and dared Vince Young to beat them.....he did.

If anything, it's a sign of respect when a team's entire gameplan is take ONE player out of the game.

Look how Ricky suffered when other teams knew he would get the ball 3/4 of the time. UT last year was Cedric Benson running and Vincent Young running with an occasional pass down the field to a TE. Better teams game-planned for this and it showed. Until someone steps up significantly in the combine or on pro day Benson is the guy who I wanna see taken #2 only if we can't trade down no more than 3 to 4 spots and get great compensation for doing so.

I think Benson will be a very good pro, but I would rather see L. Jordan, C. Williams or Brown be our back.

Arrington would be on that list I would like to see also.

Hostile7 said:
They stuck 9 men in the box against Benson, not to mention was one of the best defenses for the last couple of years... Did you not watch any of those games?

NEW RULES (ala Bill Maher)

If you didn't watch games, and simply look at the stats sheet, don't pretend to know what you're talking about!
Presume a lot don't you? I watched the Oklahoma game, I watched the Rose Bowl...........Benson didn't impress me at all.

BlueFin said:
Presume a lot don't you? I watched the Oklahoma game, I watched the Rose Bowl...........Benson didn't impress me at all.
Noticed they stacked the box? If you did watch those games, then you saw that right?

Ricky sucked too... Damn guy couldn't get more then 3.4 yards per carry when every team had 8-9 men in the box and dared Fiedler to beat them.

Benson disappeared all right... Disappeared into a a sea of 11 players attacking him the moment the play began.

What is eveyone's opinions on how Derrick Johnson performed against OU and/or Michigan in the Rose Bowl?

BassFin said:
Benson is overrated because everyone looks at his numbers. But when you break it down, he's not worth a #2.

Think Ron Dayne...
What does Benson have in common w/ Dayne? This is a terrible comparison. Completely different runners. Dayne ran over people in college, he can't in the pro's and he can't avoid them either.

He isn't over rated b/c of his numbers. That was the point Blue Fin was making. His numbers don't make him stand out.

I just think Bensen will be most effective on a team that like to hand it off 30-35 times
a game,that won't be us anymore.Brown will fit our new offense better because of
his break away speed,pass catching ability and blocking.All three backs will be good,
Brown will fit us better .

Hostile7 said:
Stephon Lefors was rated the best QB, why is he a 7th rounder? It's college ball... These guys won't be getting 5.7 yards in the NFL...
And Brady was taken with what pick?

LeFors is the most acurate passer in the draft....period.

LeFors is rated lower..because of stupidy...nothing more. Everyone would love to have Brees...but he's the same size as LeFors...go figure. LeFors has had to prove himself in every aspect of his career...and he's done it...over and over.
If Lefors was 6'3"...he's be the top QB in the draft....but lets not remember, a 6 ft QB won games, was a great leader and has the heart of a giant.

DolphanD said:
What is eveyone's opinions on how Derrick Johnson performed against OU and/or Michigan in the Rose Bowl?
DJ had like 20 tackles, a 25 yard INT, and a forced fumble with 2-3 TFL (tackles for loss). He was dominate on the D against OU. He had a poor game in the rose bowl (previous years he averaged over 10 tackles per bowl game). They simply ran the ball at him and he wasn't strong enough to shed the blocks. If he adds some strength it won't be an issue.

Dayne was another workhorse back who put up gaudy numbers and was overrated. Everyone looks at Benson's career numbers and numbers from this past season (1,834 & 19 TDs) and just assumes that he's the best. Those numbers make him stand out. But when you break it down and look at the competition, he got those numbers against average teams at best. And I don't care how many people stack the line, good players score in their Bowl Games. If he can march up and down the field during games against weak opponents but he can't against "good" teams who game plan for him, then he's not worth his hype. IMO....

Ricky had over 4 yds a carry against OU I think.

Back
Top Bottom