"Az" to the dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Az" to the dolphins?

Finsfan1984

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I was reading where the fins might be interested in aquiring Az Hakim, what do guys think? I know he has been injured a lot the last few years, but he put up great numbers as a slot WR and also a returner with the Rams before going via FA. Do you guys think he can return to his form of old or what?

He might be an option if we don't draft a WR. He was an excellent 3rd WR for the rams, but he basically disappeared after being picked up by Detroit. You could say he only did well for the Rams because he was with Holt and Bruce, but the Rams offense actually went downhill after he left.

MiamiMan147 said:
He might be an option if we don't draft a WR. He was an excellent 3rd WR for the rams, but he basically disappeared after being picked up by Detroit. You could say he only did well for the Rams because he was with Holt and Bruce, but the Rams offense actually went downhill after he left.

The Rams definitely struggled to replace him for at least that first year. It wasn't the whole reason that their offense struggled, but it does definitely show that there can be value brought to a team by a third WR in some situations.

You guys are right. When he left the Rams, they couldnt replace him with anyone they tried. And they tried very hard. He was just such an awesome fit with that team. Kinda like a younger faster version of what Nat Moore was with the Marks brothers in Miami. I dont really know if it was more he fit the system or the system fit him. Or maybe it was just perfect timing for all involved.

Regardless he is an interesting possibility.

At first I thought he probably would be to old to be as effective as he was, but he'll only be 29 in June. This move would make a whole lotta sense now that I think about it. It very well may be that the only reason this guy has flown under the radar is that he was playing in the city were careers go to die.

i like him and would love to see him with us, if we don't draft another young wr, he can stretch the field and would be another deep threat with his speed and is another good option for culpepper, chambers, campbell and hakim at the same time on the field is one of the fastest wr trio in the nfl, and with booker and gibson we have also 2 possession wr...

Can anyone give us the insite and the stat line on Az since he left the Rams. It would be interesting to look at and hear about what people from other teams he has been on would have to say about him.

I don't think he's any better than Wes or Kelly Campbell. He's an ok player, but nothing special.

Montella said:
i like him and would love to see him with us, if we don't draft another young wr, he can stretch the field and would be another deep threat with his speed and is another good option for culpepper, chambers, campbell and hakim at the same time on the field is one of the fastest wr trio in the nfl, and with booker and gibson we have also 2 possession wr...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/HakiAz00.htm

Hakim really hasn't been that bad except for 2003. I'd sure take him.

The more I think about this the more sense it makes.

It makes sense. But the thing is this would probally mean the end of Wes Welker with the Fins. Az is a great punt returner and very good kickoff guy. And is twice the reciver that Welker will ever be. Maybe Welker could jsut be a kickoff returner?? Im not really sure.

So far our WRs are Chambers, Booker, Welker, and Campbell. Hakim would be the 5th WR and we'll keep at least that many WR's on the roster. Even if we didn't, I think Campbell would be cut before Welker considering he hasn't played since 2004 due to injury.

Basically there isnt a nickle corner that can run with him step for step when he is healthy, and if there is I sure havent seen that corner yet, Booker, Chambers, Hakim, looks like a REALLY good combo

Back
Top Bottom