"Az" to the dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Az" to the dolphins?

Jimmy James said:
:confused:

They did have problems replacing him that first year. They tried several different people, and they failed.

Meanwhile, he has pretty much continued to be Az no matter where he has gone. It's true that he failed to become a good #2 WR in Detroit, but that just goes to show that he is made to be the third guy.

They had alot more problems than replacing him, they ahd a ton of injury problems including warner and faulk. Faulk didn't even get 1,000 yds that year.

nyjunc said:
That first yr they ahd alot of injuries, faulk didn't even gain 1,000 yds b/c he was banged up and it was Bulger's first year as he was forced to play for an injured Warner.

You guys talk how SL didn't do well after he left(though they were #3 in points scored in 2003) but he did nothing after he left SL.

He did nothing after he left SL? :shakeno: Well maybe you need to do a little more research here yourself.

Point here is most people here believe that he has been throughout his career a very effective slot receiver. Plain and simple, i'm sorry if you cant see this. The numbers are very close, especially when you consider the QB's there, change in teams, and the change in systems, etc.

Again where talking about a #3 WR here, not a #1 or #2, dont get the #'s confused.

Check these stats out NYJUNC.

...............................REC........YDS..........AVG..........TD........FUM

Last three for St Louis..128.......1785..........13.9.........15..........4

Last Three years DET....117.......1523..........13.0........10..........2

Last Year N.O...............34.........489...........14.4........2...........0

nyjunc said:
They had alot more problems than replacing him, they ahd a ton of injury problems including warner and faulk. Faulk didn't even get 1,000 yds that year.

I agree your right, they did have problems in a lot of areas. I have just noticed over the years that everytime a team gets a good trio of receivers that when one of them leaves it creates a big void.

He was a good fit there and you cant argue that. And it is hard to find a truly good slot WR.

Jimmy James said:
:confused:

They did have problems replacing him that first year. They tried several different people, and they failed.

Meanwhile, he has pretty much continued to be Az no matter where he has gone. It's true that he failed to become a good #2 WR in Detroit, but that just goes to show that he is made to be the third guy.

Man i was gonna say that. Your right, they did try to make him a #2 and he isnt that. You cant turn a pure slot guy into a #2 WR. It just doesnt happen.

Finsfan1984 said:
I agree your right, they did have problems in a lot of areas. I have just noticed over the years that everytime a team gets a good trio of receivers that when one of them leaves it creates a big void.

He was a good fit there and you cant argue that. And it is hard to find a truly good slot WR.

Holt and bruce(not bruce anymore) can make just about and slot receiver effective.

In 2003 Dane Looker had 47 recs, 495 yds, 3 TDs while Hakim had 39 recs, 374 yds and 3 TDs in '01 in SL so what did they really miss? and kevin Curtis & shaun McDonald have put up good #s in recent years.

nyjunc said:
Holt and bruce(not bruce anymore) can make just about and slot receiver effective.

In 2003 Dane Looker had 47 recs, 495 yds, 3 TDs while Hakim had 39 recs, 374 yds and 3 TDs in '01 in SL so what did they really miss? and kevin Curtis & shaun McDonald have put up good #s in recent years.

OMG.:shakeno: How you love to put your own spin on things. :rolleyes2 You want to talk about #'s well then lets compare these three players stats their last three years with SL to those of Az then.

Looker - 83 rec, 915 yards, 3 TD's

Curtis - 96 rec, 1235 yards, 8 TD's

McDonald - 93 rec, 1079 yards, 3 TD's

Az Hakim - 128 rec, 1785 yards, 15 TD's

Better in every single catagorie, especially the yards and TD's. Notice that the three totalled the same # of TD's collectively that Az himself had.:eek:

nyjunc said:

I do believe I made that point in my first post about their struggles to replace Hakim. I didn't go so far as to highlight Faulk's stats, but I did mention that Hakim's absence wasn't their only problem.

Finsfan1984 said:
OMG.:shakeno: How you love to put your own spin on things. :rolleyes2 You want to talk about #'s well then lets compare these three players stats their last three years with SL to those of Az then.

Better in every single catagorie, especially the yards and TD's. Notice that the three totalled the same # of TD's collectively that Az himself had.:eek:

How many guys do they need? They have easily replaced hakim. hakim was a decent #3 who had 1 real good year as a deep threat('99) and 1 good year as a possession guy('00) but the other 2 years he was below average. he was not indispensable to that team, they have not won in a few years b/c of many more issues than their slot receiver. In the years he left holt's #s have gone up and I'd rather thave the ball in holt's hands mroe than in hakim's hands.

the best thing that i like about the signing of AZ Hakim, since he spent a couple years in detroit he has chemistry with Joey Harington who is probably going to end up starting the first 3 or 4 games. I think if Joey has a WR he trust then i think he will be more confindent and will be more effective in the field

nyjunc said:
How many guys do they need? They have easily replaced hakim. hakim was a decent #3 who had 1 real good year as a deep threat('99) and 1 good year as a possession guy('00) but the other 2 years he was below average. he was not indispensable to that team, they have not won in a few years b/c of many more issues than their slot receiver. In the years he left holt's #s have gone up and I'd rather thave the ball in holt's hands mroe than in hakim's hands.

Hakim was a huge part of the 'Greatest show on turf'

He is more than an average slot reciever, and better than anyone they tried to replace him with

Finsfan1984 said:

I think sometimes he thinks is on the JETS message board..Wake up..

nyjunc said:
How many guys do they need? :sidelol: They have easily replaced hakim. :sidelol: hakim was a decent #3 who had 1 real good year as a deep threat('99) and 1 good year as a possession guy('00) but the other 2 years he was below average. he was not indispensable to that team, they have not won in a few years b/c of many more issues than their slot receiver. In the years he left holt's #s have gone up and I'd rather thave the ball in holt's hands mroe than in hakim's hands.

Please tell me your not serious? How many guys do they need to replace him?:confused: The three combined actually had 1 less TD than he did. (HELLO) Obviously they need more. And obviously the team was better offensively when he was there. Yes they had other issues, injuries, etc. But the fact of the matter is no one could cover him, no he wasnt there best WR or even their 2nd best WR. But thats why he was the #3 GUY. You know the slot receiver.

Kinda like the nickle corner, the fins Howard last year got torched as our nickle guy. Other teams would match up on him and kill us. :eek: You have to be strong thru and thru your lineup. If the nickle back is weak and most teams are a little thin in this area. And you got a good slot guy, you can make them change the entire defensive philosophy via bad matchups. Most slot WR are not as productive as he has shown throughout his career.

Regardless what spin you put on it. :shakeno: He was a very effective slot WR. And no i dont pretend to know if he is still that quality a WR anymore or not. I simply dont know. But he is a talent worth the fins looking into as a "NUMBER 3 RECEIVER."

Back
Top Bottom