"Az" to the dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Az" to the dolphins?

Jimmy James said:
The Rams definitely struggled to replace him for at least that first year. It wasn't the whole reason that their offense struggled, but it does definitely show that there can be value brought to a team by a third WR in some situations.

They just finally found his replacement in Kevin Curtis

Finsfan1984 said:
I was reading where the fins might be interested in aquiring Az Hakim, what do guys think? I know he has been injured a lot the last few years, but he put up great numbers as a slot WR and also a returner with the Rams before going via FA. Do you guys think he can return to his form of old or what?

He's a good slot receiver... both parties are interested but will wait till after the draft to see if we still require AZ's services.

MiamiMan147 said:
So far our WRs are Chambers, Booker, Welker, and Campbell. Hakim would be the 5th WR and we'll keep at least that many WR's on the roster. Even if we didn't, I think Campbell would be cut before Welker considering he hasn't played since 2004 due to injury.

Nah, Welker goes before Campbell or Az Hakim, unless Campbell doesn't make it back from his hiatus...Kelly is a pretty good #3 in his own rite...Welker just might be the odd man out if Saban adds Hakim and wants to keep a younger guy...Welker is a nice player, but Hakim and Campbell can also return punts and KOs and are both faster and better WRs than Welker...

I've heard that Warner in Arizona is pushing for them to go after him as their #3 WR too. They're waiting to see what happens in the draft before they go after him, so I'm not sure how good our prospects are. It might at least give Nick an option rather than going after one of the top two in the first round this year. I think it would be a better option to get instant impact at #3 WR versus waiting for a rookie to develop. Plus, I think there will be a lot more WR's to choose from in next year's draft than the 2 available this year. If we're serious about him, we'll probably wait until after the draft only because it might tip Nick's hand a little at what we are going to get at #16. Cambell may end up being a possible WR option too, but it's better to have too many and see what works.

RobFins2005 said:
hay guyz I heard Ki-Jana Carter wants to play for the fins....

:rolleyes2

If you can't tell the difference between the type of contributor Hakim is and the type of BUST that Carter was, perhaps you need to read more and write less.

Jimmy James said:
:rolleyes2

If you can't tell the difference between the type of contributor Hakim is and the type of BUST that Carter was, perhaps you need to read more and write less.

well, Carter WAS a role player a few years back...with the Redskins, before he fell back into obscurity.

RobFins2005 said:
well, Carter WAS a role player a few years back...with the Redskins, before he fell back into obscurity.

He gained 300 yards or so once with the Redskins, giving him a grand total of two 300+ yard seasons in his career. He rang up around 1500 combined yards and last played in 2003.

Hakim played last year and routinely rings up at least 400 yards receiving as a role player. He has over 4000 yards in his career.

Really, is it hard to see the difference?

RobFins2005 said:

I think the point is this, it takes a certain type of WR to play the slot as opposed to the other WR positions. Not everyone can play it well. And only a few WR have been able to play both the slot and the wideout position with relative effectiveness. AZ has proven that he can not only play it very well but also be explosive and a game changer from that position. If you have an effective slot receiver then it opens up the entire field much like having an elite TE does.

I think it's amusing that you all actually thought I was comparing the two, instead of just being completely random like I always am.

I'll let you keep making arguments for me, though, it is quite entertaining!

RobFins2005 said:
I think it's amusing that you all actually thought I was comparing the two, instead of just being completely random like I always am.

:lol:

Hey, random may be your thing. Making arguments is mine. :D

JFoxx said:
I've heard that Warner in Arizona is pushing for them to go after him as their #3 WR too. They're waiting to see what happens in the draft before they go after him, so I'm not sure how good our prospects are. It might at least give Nick an option rather than going after one of the top two in the first round this year. I think it would be a better option to get instant impact at #3 WR versus waiting for a rookie to develop. Plus, I think there will be a lot more WR's to choose from in next year's draft than the 2 available this year. If we're serious about him, we'll probably wait until after the draft only because it might tip Nick's hand a little at what we are going to get at #16. Cambell may end up being a possible WR option too, but it's better to have too many and see what works.

Arizona already has a good 3rd receiver in Bryant Johnson. They don't have a need at receiver, their already loaded at that position.

Finsfan1984 said:
Can anyone give us the insite and the stat line on Az since he left the Rams. It would be interesting to look at and hear about what people from other teams he has been on would have to say about him.

...............................REC........YDS..........AVG..........TD........FUM

Last three for St Louis..128.......1785..........13.9.........15..........4

Last Three years DET....117.......1523..........13.0........10..........2

Last Year N.O...............34.........489...........14.4........2...........0

Pretty solid number 3 would work out great here, but Cardinals are hot on the trail

To go one further

Kelly Campball las three.....57........1062.........18.6........8....2

Welker single season.........29.........434..........15..........0....0

Avg single season

Hakim............................39.8.......542.4........13.8.......3.8..1.3

Campbell........................19..........354..........18.6.......2.6... .7

Welker...........................29...........434.........15..........0........0

jmorgan6977 said:
...............................REC........YDS..........AVG..........TD........FUM

Last three for St Louis..128.......1785..........13.9.........15..........4

Last Three years DET....117.......1523..........13.0........10..........2

Last Year N.O...............34.........489...........14.4........2...........0

Pretty solid number 3 would work out great here, but Cardinals are hot on the trail

Those are pretty good stats for a slot WR and at the very best the third option in the passing game. I think he would be a good fit in our system and be a really nice addition to our WR corp. Man he has some quickssssssssss.:wink:

Ryan1973 said:
Arizona already has a good 3rd receiver in Bryant Johnson. They don't have a need at receiver, their already loaded at that position.
He was supposed to be, but never really developed into the great WR they were hoping. He's lost a little favor with some out there and I'm sure that if they can get Az at a bargain price, they'll add him to compete for that #3 spot with B.Johnson. Hey, I think we'd look more appealing to him than AZ, but if you throw in the K.Warner factor (if he is pushing for him) . . . you just never know. I personally think we need more quality depth at WR and Az might be a good fit (IF we don't get one of the top WR's in the draft).

Back
Top Bottom