Bad thoughts by E30M3 Handy - Achane Value | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad thoughts by E30M3 Handy - Achane Value

What would you say is Achane's value this year and moving forward?

The market is not with RB's for sure, but a speedback is something different. I'm looking at value for position here and if someone came to Grier with ______ for Achane, what would it take you to move him? Would it be draft pick(s), would you consider moving him in a trade netting us a better player at a more needed position or would you not move him at all and keep him in the stable?

And yes, I understand, it's been one year, "hes the best back we've drafted in a decade", "why don't we keep him more than a year and see" and all that. It's just a hypothetical so keep the panties un-bunched please.

Grier: 'No thank you'

I’d want at least a 2nd and probably wouldn’t get that. I would not trade him for a 3rd round pick or equivalent. He's more valuable to the Dolphins in this offense than he is to the market, IMO.

Really eager to see him stay healthy, carry more of a load, and see more reps as a receiver out of the backfield and even from the slot. His role should be expanded this year if healthy.

Very good player with a chance to be great. He plays a position that is simply devalued in the league.

In short....He's way more valuable to us. We wouldn't be able to get much for him because of the devalue of the RB position and given his profile as a time share/change of pace RB. We would struggle to get a late 2nd for him.

I’d want to see what he can do over the course of a full season before I consider trading him. And if he doesn’t stay healthy throughout 2024, then maybe I’m more motivated to move him.
There's so much to like about this player. His vision, is speed, and his ability to avoid contact. This one is special Forks, so I would not look to trade him, at least not at this point. My advice would be come up with a different post

Why the obsession of so many Dolphin fans to get rid of players as soon as they show they have talent?
Because some here truly don't understand the game. Add that to today's negativity and it is what it is.

The market is not with RB's for sure, but a speedback is something different. I'm looking at value for position here and if someone came to Grier with ______ for Achane, what would it take you to move him? Would it be draft pick(s), would you consider moving him in a trade netting us a better player at a more needed position or would you not move him at all and keep him in the stable?

And yes, I understand, it's been one year, "hes the best back we've drafted in a decade", "why don't we keep him more than a year and see" and all that. It's just a hypothetical so keep the panties un-bunched please.

Achane's value at the type of RB he could be is way way way higher, then what Miami could get for him.

All teams saw and will see is a short, undersized speed back that had great success early then got hurt, and his success dropped.

What the Dolphins staff and fans hopefully saw is an unsized speed back that took more then one d-player to bring down, and even then took another yard before stopped. What they saw is a RB so explosive that with a little blocking, he was almost consistently hitting double figure yards...add one mistake by one or more defensive players, and it became "See you inside the Goalline"

Because of his POSSIBLE potential, I would not let him go for less then a high 1st, or a mid to low 1st and a 2nd.

Yes, I know, ridiculous, no team is going to pay that for a RB that's a huge (?), but that is the problem, his potential is off the charts, this a RB that started getting play time in week 3, and by the time he got hurt, he was close to overtaking NFL top RB Christian McCaffrey.

Think about that, gave the best RB in 2023 a 2 game headstart, then started quickly to each week come closer and closer to overtaking him within a game or 2. No team can expect to get a player like that cheap, injury, and only 1 year experience notwithstanding.

Value wise he'd have a ton if he had stayed healthy....right now today ...hrmmmm maybe a 3rd? He needs to replicate his great runs and stay healthy for at least 14 games (not including playoffs as if your in the playoffs he'd better be available) and then I'd go 2nd or even a 1st....

Because if I'm playing devils advocate I'm thinking this kid is good but if he gets knocked around a bit he can't help us on IR...so a few good plays here and there or draft a RB that can maybe not be as dynamic but will not be hurting 2 games in and can get us as many yards or more because of availability...

Not only could you not get much for him on the open market, I’m guessing McD would burn Grier’s house down if he even tried trading him for a reasonable offer. He is worth SO MUCH MORE to Miami on the roster as opposed to whatever draft pick they could get for him right now.

Just look at how much of the season he missed due to injury and yet he still put up 1,000 yards of total offense and 11 total TD’s. Not only that, he’s a running back that actually plays like a WR when you split him out wide and I’m guessing we’ll see more of that now that he’s gonna have 2 offseasons in this playbook under his belt.

Obviously, the big thing is health. In year 2, let’s hypothetically say that Achane’s production says exactly where it was at in his rookie season but played all 17 games. The numbers would look like: 1,236 yards rushing with 12 TD’s and 300 yards receiving and 5 TD’s. So that puts him close to 1,600 total yards with 17 TD’s. Does anybody wanna trade that for a 2nd round pick??

Now it’s probably pretty crazy to think Achane will play in all 17 games next year but it’s also just as crazy to assume his production levels will stay stagnant. I also don’t think he needs to prove that he can be a bell cow back because he doesn’t need to be one at all. For me, it’s 100% about health with this kid. If he can stay on the field for 14-16 games per season, Miami has an absolute lightning rod that can line up anywhere and give you all pro production. I honestly think he might be one of the biggest reasons to hope Miami can take the next step next season and beyond.

Were I to be offered Scarlett Johansson with her panties all bunched up …

I’d consider it.

Back
Top Bottom