Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream

i'm not sure if i'll be happy or pissed off when/if henne starts for the jags and lights it up lol. Perfect situation for him, and honestly, if he plays with a chip on his shoulder I could see a good year from him.

Bingo - the league hasn't seen the last of Chad

Exactly! Lets face it, Tannehill was a reach at #8. Luck and Griffin were drafted where they were supposed to go. If Barkley came out this year and the Dolphins had a chance to draft him or Tannehill, I am sure it would have been a no brainer and they would have taken Barkley. He is rated a lot higher than Tannehill.

And Jake Locker was going to be the next great QB in 2009-2010; everyone was talking about the "sure fire #1" pick and wondering why he didn't come out. He was the "no brainer" at the time. Then flaws in his game magically appeared during his last year in college, and he ended up dropping to #8 in the 2011 draft. Let's see where Barkley goes in the draft next year.

Bingo - the league hasn't seen the last of Chad

Chad Henne will never be more than a journeyman. Yes, capable of the big day....but does not possess the accuracy and nor does he see the field well enough to ever be a great quarterback on any kind of consistent basis that is required of a championship quarterback. (Unless your Doug Williams and are lucky enough to get thrown into the middle of a Superbowl and have the game of your life)

Every day I come in here....and I'm still amazed to see individuals who actually have already given up or gotten down on a rookie QB who hasn't even entered his first training camp yet!

Hasn't even taken one snap in a real contact drill yet!

This really is a short attention span, impatient, media driven world today.....I despise this type of mentality.

I only hope Ryan Tannehill has a strong enough mind to ignore this type of ignorance and develop, have the light bulb go on for him as to the speed of the game in a normal old school kind of way.

Why can't I compare Luck and Tannehill? Both are top 10 picks, rookies in 2012, and haven't proven anything at the pro level. Ryan Leaf was supposed to be the next best thing and he bombed. Alex Smith went #1 in 2005 and has been average in the pros, while Aaron Rodgers went #24 in 2005 and is arguably the best quarterback in the league. There is no way that you can sit there and tell me without a even a little doubt that Luck will definitely be better than Tannehill. Obviously Luck is the more polished quarterback coming out of college and there is a reason he went #1. Doesn't mean he is going to be a Hall Of Fame QB in the NFL.

Again, one year is not enough to determine if a QB is going to be great or a bust. To use Matthew Stafford as an example again. Sucked his rookie season. Didn't do much in his second year. Stud in year three. Tannehill likely isn't going to start a lot of games if any in 2012, so no way to determine 100% if he has it or not.

As for Barkley being the next big thing, who knows for sure? He was a stud in college? So was JaMarcus Russell. Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart certainly don't give USC a good recent track history for first round picks.

Tannehill is the Dolphins quarterback that they will try to build around at least for the next three seasons. Want a QB in the first round in 2013 or even 2014? Forget it. Not happening.

You can compare them but at the moment it is like comparing a Mercedes to a Saturn.

for the record I would have drafted RT at #8. Although I really like Griffin III I wouldn't have given up what the skins did to get him. Lets hope that RT is able to put together all that talent and become a franchise qb. No doubt we need to put more talent around RT before we can make an assesment. This is the first off season in years im really excited.

You can compare them but at the moment it is like comparing a Mercedes to a Saturn.

One is incredibly reliable and made of plastic while the other falls apart after 50,000 miles and costs you an absolute ton of money just to keep up appearances? Whichever QB is the Lexus... that's the one I want ;)

One is incredibly reliable and made of plastic while the other falls apart after 50,000 miles and costs you an absolute ton of money just to keep up appearances? Whichever QB is the Lexus... that's the one I want ;)

until you got to service it and they charge you $125 hour...

Back
Top Bottom