Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldinger: Tannehill as a franchise QB is a pipe dream

Mike it's a strange world when you become a voice of reason around here.

(yes, I realize you've been more of a realist with an abrasive approach. you're still one of my boys.)

The voice of reason? How about the voice that is more interested in put downs than reading and understanding what someone is saying.

The voice of reason? How about the voice that is more interested in put downs than reading and understanding what someone is saying.
I think mike completely understood what more than a few people in this thread were/are saying. The fact that what some people are saying is entering into thought/and conversation before training camp has even begun, shows that some people aren't even remotely interested in exercising even a bit of patience and restraint in regards to tannehill's development. We haven't even opened up the package and already we're looking for a bigger toy in next's years tree.

As far as insults go, I don't see it, if you see someone insulting you or anyone else report it, don't contribute by critisizing in thread.

Playing with words. They obviously don't have significant doubts about Sam Bradford.

So you're trying to tell me that causation is not in fact correlation? I think you're being dishonest. Trust me on this, there are still doubts with Sam Bradford. Absolutely. He isn't a top tier QB in the league, yet they passed on RG3. Why? Because he has potential. Both for greatness AND for doubt. They simply did a balancing test and decided they'd prefer to stick with their man.

Just because they stuck with Bradford does not show that they didn't have doubts, it shows that even with a few doubt you still have faith in your process, both as a talent evaluation expert and as a coach.

You're logic is flawed. You simply DO NOT know quarterbacks and their progression.

edit: For some actual comparison. Finland - Take Jake Locker. Would you consider his body of work last year to be significant enough to delay drafting a guy in the top 5 like you are suggesting? Where is your line, out of curiosity?

Not to mention I have seen Matt Barkley struggle vs teams like Utah and Arizona St in college, when did he become a "can't miss"? Seriously

By taking Tannehill NOW and letting him learn in the league for a year it allows Miami IF they are picking Top 5 next year to go get a Robert Woods type or an elite #1 WR type to pair with him. There was NO elite WR for Miami to take last year at #8. Nor was there any player on offense other than Tannehill that would have made an impact on this offense long-term.

What, draft ANOTHER d-linemen and keep adding to a group that was a strength? These people are clueless on TV.

Bingo.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

I hope to hell we don't have a huge "Blow for Barkley" contingent this year. When you're doing that, you're just being a curmudgeon to be a curmudgeon.

I think mike completely understood what more than a few people in this thread were/are saying. The fact that what some people are saying is entering into thought/and conversation before training camp has even begun, shows that some people aren't even remotely interested in exercising even a bit of patience and restraint in regards to tannehill's development. We haven't even opened up the package and already we're looking for a bigger toy in next's years tree.

As far as insults go, I don't see it, if you see someone insulting you or anyone else report it, don't contribute by critisizing in thread.

Yes it is before training camp. the most boring NFL time there is. If some people want to wonder about next year from time to time, so be it. That does not mean they don't have patience, it means they are bored. And no he did not get what I was saying ( I guess) and I'm the one he quoted and I was talking about selecting another QB if Tannehill is not progressing. Further, I'll never report anyone for anything. But I might encourage some one to read before speaking, or make a post without quoting someone at least if they are not going to understand what the person is even talking about. Peace Out.

So you're trying to tell me that causation is not in fact correlation? I think you're being dishonest. Trust me on this, there are still doubts with Sam Bradford. Absolutely. He isn't a top tier QB in the league, yet they passed on RG3. Why? Because he has potential. Both for greatness AND for doubt. They simply did a balancing test and decided they'd prefer to stick with their man.

Just because they stuck with Bradford does not show that they didn't have doubts, it shows that even with a few doubt you still have faith in your process, both as a talent evaluation expert and as a coach.

You're logic is flawed. You simply DO NOT know quarterbacks and their progression.

edit: For some actual comparison. Finland - Take Jake Locker. Would you consider his body of work last year to be significant enough to delay drafting a guy in the top 5 like you are suggesting? Where is your line, out of curiosity?

All I'm saying is, "If Tannehill did not show promise after a year and there were significant concerns AND we had a top pick, (meaning we must of sucked with whoever was playing QB for us), I would support taking another QB right away next year". If we instead held tight with Tannehill and passed on someone it would frustrate me after all these years and missing at QB since Marino retired. I'm for keeping the foot on the QB gas pedal until it is solved. I felt that way even before the new CMA rules for rookies. In my scenerio, for the record Tannehill would still be on the roster.

Bingo.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

I hope to hell we don't have a huge "Blow for Barkley" contingent this year. When you're doing that, you're just being a curmudgeon to be a curmudgeon.
I agree, the whole "Suck for Luck" thing last year was obnoxious. If people start "Blow for Barkley" that is just pathetic.

the rams stuck with sam bradford cause of two things...the guaranteed money that they paid out to him i wanna say it was $50 mil...and jeff fisher believes in sam bradford...it's part of why fish chose st louis...cause he believed in the qb...

the rams shouldn't have quit on bradford after last year anyways...the oline was in a shambles with all the injury and bradford played with a nasty high ankle sprain that he should have sat with...he couldn't drive or plant off that leg...

this isn't a blaine gabbert situation...the rams unlike jax got it right for 2012...

the rams stuck with sam bradford cause of two things...the guaranteed money that they paid out to him i wanna say it was $50 mil...and jeff fisher believes in sam bradford...it's part of why fish chose st louis...cause he believed in the qb...

the rams shouldn't have quit on bradford after last year anyways...the oline was in a shambles with all the injury and bradford played with a nasty high ankle sprain that he should have sat with...he couldn't drive or plant off that leg...

this isn't a blaine gabbert situation...the rams unlike jax got it right for 2012...
i'm not sure if i'll be happy or pissed off when/if henne starts for the jags and lights it up lol. Perfect situation for him, and honestly, if he plays with a chip on his shoulder I could see a good year from him.

i'm not sure if i'll be happy or pissed off when/if henne starts for the jags and lights it up lol. Perfect situation for him, and honestly, if he plays with a chip on his shoulder I could see a good year from him.

i think if henne starts at some point the jags will be kicking a lot of field goals...jax is gonna be all in on the qb position in the 2013 draft...

I agree, the whole "Suck for Luck" thing last year was obnoxious. If people start "Blow for Barkley" that is just pathetic.
Some people thought that beating the likes of KC, Washington, and Buffalo after the season was over was idiotic. You wont see Blow of Barkley, Luck was a once in a decade prospect and we blew it.

Some people thought that beating the likes of KC, Washington, and Buffalo after the season was over was idiotic. You wont see Blow of Barkley, Luck was a once in a decade prospect and we blew it.
We will see. No guarantee that Luck is going to be anything special or that Tannehill in the end can't become a better player.

We will see. No guarantee that Luck is going to be anything special or that Tannehill in the end can't become a better player.
That we will. I wont compare Tannehill to Luck, RG3 or anyone else. I pray that we finally have the QB we've been looking for since Marino retired forever ago.

My vote is for Adam Schein. He is a complete douche bag!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom