Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

Gonna toot my horn and I apologize. Like I told all of you way back when....
Austin Jackson deserves way more credit and appreciation than he is getting. Bone marrow donation is legit..... you are not going to play this year ****! The fact that he even played is bleeping unbelievable! As a former athlete, father, brother, and human...mad respect. He will be better than advertised because he will finally be at full health! Imagine doing your job feeling weak as hell and still doing it better than others.
He is a damn good man and killing it. Thank you Grier and company!

i hate to be the Debbie Downer but his anchor looked sketchy. probably just a strength issue

" Edge setter who gets a few sacks"

I have been saying that this it the type of DE Flo wants. Has to be able to set the edge and stop the run. Once you can do that than you earn the right to pass rush.

Instead look for LB'ers and DB's to get those sacks.

i hate to be the Debbie Downer but his anchor looked sketchy. probably just a strength issue

The fact he's able to regain the anchor and not be completely pushed onto his ass is encouraging. You can clearly see he is still growing into his body at only 20 years of age. The bone marrow procedure effectively took a whole offseason of strength and conditioning away, so physically I've always viewed him as a year behind his peers. I might be wrong, but Jackson looks like a stud in the making already. I'm not sure in 12+ years of being on here I've ever felt that way about an OL draft pick.

" Edge setter who gets a few sacks"

I have been saying that this it the type of DE Flo wants. Has to be able to set the edge and stop the run. Once you can do that than you earn the right to pass rush.

Instead look for LB'ers and DB's to get those sacks.

You could be right... I certainly think this could be his mindset.

Jackson has played well given his age and the difficulty of his position. The thing that has impressed me the most this season is that our starting 5 was set week 1. None of them have been perfect, but it says a lot when you have a guy like Hunt sitting on the bench because you simply don’t need him (outside of a 6th blocker). Our OL is starting to play like a unit; there is a lot of room for improvement, but I have been impressed with what I have seen so far.
The cohesiveness, repetitive snaps with the same group is crucial for an OL. I remember that was a knock against Pouncey. He did not practice during the week. Other years people have noted the rotations rather than a fixed group.

His anchor will come in time. Strength gains.

Upper body core and lower body

All that said I think he’s gonna have a run for his money for the best long term tackle in the class from wills. Who has much cleaner technique and has made a rediculously hard move from right tackle in college to left tackle in the pros. The athlete really stands out.

It’s a heck of a tackle class no doubt.

It was very obvious that this pick was going to work out, if those that were upset with the pick had just taken a step back, and just breathed in and out, they would have seen...

1. This kid played only a short time after giving bone marrow to his sister.

2. He still was good enough to be considered one of the top LT in college.

3. He is one of the most athletic Tackles coming out this year, yet the kid is huge.

4. He is still extremely young, so he has time, and probably can be coached out of any bad habits found pretty early.

5. Great kid, who was willing to give bone marrow to his sister...the extreme opposite of a cancer on the team.

This was a great pick, that will continue to look better as time goes on.

It was very obvious that this pick was going to work out, if those that were upset with the pick had just taken a step back, and just breathed in and out, they would have seen...

1. This kid played only a short time after giving bone marrow to his sister.

2. He still was good enough to be considered one of the top LT in college.

3. He is one of the most athletic Tackles coming out this year, yet the kid is huge.

4. He is still extremely young, so he has time, and probably can be coached out of any bad habits found pretty early.

5. Great kid, who was willing to give bone marrow to his sister...the extreme opposite of a cancer on the team.

This was a great pick, that will continue to look better as time goes on.
None of what you said makes it 'obvious' that he was going to be any good. A good story and potential doesn't guarantee a good football player (Charles Harris). I'm just glad 3 games in and he's already trending upwards. I just remember hearing people calling him a reach of a pick :shrug:

None of what you said makes it 'obvious' that he was going to be any good. A good story and potential doesn't guarantee a good football player (Charles Harris). I'm just glad 3 games in and he's already trending upwards. I just remember hearing people calling him a reach of a pick :shrug:
Just to play devils advocate, most didn't think Harris was a good pick, nor did they see potential, at the time.

Charles Harris got by on one spin move...That's it, that's all you could write for his credentials on Possibly succeeding in the NFL.

Now, on the other hand, you do make a good point, all that reasons I gave don't guarantee he will succeed, but it does almost give you a very high possibility that worst case he is solid to good, and best he is an All-pro top 10 at his position.

Back
Top Bottom