Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

Is it safe to say Jackson is the one guy on the line we can't afford to lose to injury? I feel like any other player gets hurt and we can still manage somehow.

Weird to see Miami on the better end of this category. Hell! It would be even better if Fits didn't give away at least 3 sacks by my count.
That open field sack he took was a time eater. He is taking a lot for that one (not necessarily you). It was an incredible smart move in real time.

That open field sack he took was a time eater. He is taking a lot for that one (not necessarily you). It was an incredible smart move in real time.
Exactly right... it was a veteran move.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team/miami-dolphins/stats just looking more at it, we're currently in the middle of the pack in most statistics, (typical for a 1-2 team right?) but I do like the offensive stats and ... penalty stats.

Agreed! But i think it has more to do with the caliber of the first two teams we played. As we play teams that are alot closer to Jacksonville we'll turn out better overrall performances. BTW, I fully expect us to play a spoiler role against one of those top notch teams on our upcoming schedule. Hell could be against the upcoming Seahawks.

Those closer than expect games against the Bills/NE weren't a fluke, imo.

Agreed! But i think it has more to do with the caliber of the first two teams we played. As we play teams that are alot closer to Jacksonville we'll turn out better overrall performances. BTW, I fully expect us to play a spoiler role against one of those top notch teams on our upcoming schedule. Hell could be against the upcoming Seahawks.

Those closer than expect games against the Bills/NE weren't a fluke, imo.
we can't predict injuries, but yeah, this team is a lot closer to being a 10-6 than it is 6-10 this season.

Pretty damn excited with the play of Jackson and Kindley. If we hit on two of our 3 Oline picks, especially LT, that is big deal. If Hunt were to start and produce, wow! After the last ten years of horrid trench play, having a strong oline would make me giddy like a school girl.

we can't predict injuries, but yeah, this team is a lot closer to being a 10-6 than it is 6-10 this season.

10-6 would be an overachievement for this team at their current level. This is closer to a 4-7 win team if they play within themselves. I believe the schedule shows about 4-5 winnable games. You factor in 1-2 that they're not supposed to win and that puts you right at that 4-7 range. But let's not get ahead of ourselves they need to show more consistency in the winning department.

10-6 would be an overachievement for this team at their current level. This is closer to a 4-7 win team if they play within themselves. I believe the schedule shows about 4-5 winnable games. You factor in 1-2 that they're not supposed to win and that puts you right at that 4-7 range. But let's not get ahead of ourselves they need to show more consistency in the winning department.
Are we a 4 win team more because of who we have on our roster or because of who we play in your eyes?

That’s great coaching by the oline coach, and a lot of talent in Austin Jackson to coach up
Thanks for pointing out small stuff like that out, and it makes me optimistic about our OL coach, after what seemed like a shady background.. Also Jackson and Kindley I believe were both being coached out in arizona when the pandemic was starting, cant remember who with, but those rookies likely learned some valuable stuff to help prep them

Are we a 4 win team more because of who we have on our roster or because of who we play in your eyes?

The schedule is NASTY!

Look at our remining opponents:

Tough Category:
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Cardinals
Chiefs
Patriots
Bills

Other Category:
Broncos
Chargers
Jets
Jets
Bengals
Raiders

Now considering this strange year and the rash of injuries you'd like to think our chances have improved against teams like the 49ers. But you know in the "other" category we're likely to put up some stinkers like getting beat by the Jets.

If there ever was a year to overachieve this seems like the year to do it. Seahawks are coming from outer space on a short week and the 49ers have suffered some serious losses. So maybe 2 games no one thought we'd win at the beginning of the season?

I'd like to think we can win more than 3 games the rest of the way...But we all need to see more consistenacy before we can say either way.

13 games remaining can we go at least 3-10? 4-9? 5-8? 6-7? 7-7? The 4-6 range seems about right for this team.

The schedule is NASTY!

Look at our remining opponents:

Tough Category:
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Cardinals
Chiefs
Patriots
Bills

Other Category:
Broncos
Chargers
Jets
Jets
Bengals
Raiders

Now considering this strange year and the rash of injuries you'd like to think our chances have improved against teams like the 49ers. But you know in the "other" category we're likely to put up some stinkers like getting beat by the Jets.

If there ever was a year to overachieve this seems like the year to do it. Seahawks are coming from outer space on a short week and the 49ers have suffered some serious losses. So maybe 2 games no one thought we'd win at the beginning of the season?

I'd like to think we can win more than 3 games the rest of the way...But we all need to see more consistenacy before we can say either way.

13 games remaining can we go at least 3-10? 4-9? 5-8? 6-7? 7-7? The 4-6 range seems about right for this team.
I read this as schedule. Which I agree with is nasty. But I love it. Feel it's perfect for what we are doing. This year will allow us to evaluate against true competition. Much different from last year. I believe we will set the mark for a team that plays the most playoff teams in a season. That said I think right now, schedule discussed we are a solid 6 win team. If we continue improving week over week. Insert hunt then Tua. I can see a .500 season.

Pretty damn excited with the play of Jackson and Kindley. If we hit on two of our 3 Oline picks, especially LT, that is big deal. If Hunt were to start and produce, wow! After the last ten years of horrid trench play, having a strong oline would make me giddy like a school girl.
More like the past 20 years and I'm not exaggerating.

Back
Top Bottom