Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

Let's assume the OL continues to perform this well throughtout the entire season and we or houston end up with a Top 10 pick. Do you take the best OL guy available with your pick?

It's unfortuante the top flight LB of this class will be a top 5 pick. RIght now that's the glaring weakness on this team and it's not funny. E.Roberts is an absolute mess. Bakers not really an LB..he's more of a strong safety playing LB. Van Noy is the only thing remotely resembling a LB.

I will say it's early on and outside of the contract aspect the E.Roberts over R.McMillian is a fail. One was far superior vs. the run. I don't know what exact E.Robert does well at this point.

Can't get off blocks, can't attack the right gap, can't tackle in the open field.

Last edited:
Let's assume the OL continues to perform this well throughtout the entire season and we or houston end up with a Top 10 pick. Do you take the best OL guy available with your pick?

It's unfortuante the top flight LB of this class will be a top 5 pick. RIght now that's the glaring weakness on this team and it's not funny. E.Roberts is an absolute mess. Bakers not really an LB..he's more of a strong safety playing LB. Van Noy is the only thing remotely resembling a LB.
I think it depends on 2 things 1) the development of Robert Hunt as a viable option at RT. And 2) whether or not Miami views Jesse Davis as a serviceable RT to protect Tua, moving forward. He's not perfect but he does a decent job. Could Miami use an upgrade, of course. I'd be willing to select a RT with good pass protection skills to help Tua. But I'm not Miami's F/O.

Personally I think a top 10 pick will net Miami a very good prospect. Who it will be is the big question.

I think it depends on 2 things 1) the development of Robert Hunt as a viable option at RT. And 2) whether or not Miami views Jesse Davis as a serviceable RT to protect Tua, moving forward. He's not perfect but he does a decent job. Could Miami use an upgrade, of course. I'd be willing to select a RT with good pass protection skills to help Tua. But I'm not Miami's F/O.

Personally I think a top 10 pick will net Miami a very good prospect. Who it will be is the big question.

Good logic there. IMO and based off needs i'd have to think it's a top flight reciever or LB. If there's a chance to snatch that OL stud from Oregon then you get him.

I think regardless of line play, and bearing an absolute meltdown of course. We need to start filling OL needs with mid round picks. First and second round picks should be used for addressing our defensive deficiencies and/or a WR to go with Parker and Gesicki IMO.

Considering that they got their future LT and possibly....S Andre Cisco, OL Wyatt Davis, LB Dylan Moses, or ...... Tunsil trade is an absolute win. Clapping for Grier!

Good logic there. IMO and based off needs i'd have to think it's a top flight reciever or LB. If there's a chance to snatch that OL stud from Oregon then you get him.
Parson
Waddle
Freiermuth
Hutchinson
That's my first two rounds right now

I think regardless of line play, and bearing an absolute meltdown of course. We need to start filling OL needs with mid round picks. First and second round picks should be used for addressing our defensive deficiencies and/or a WR to go with Parker and Gesicki IMO.

If you stabilize your line play you can supplement talent there with mid round picks. A good line will allow you to win without stars at receiver (or RB). Without a good line, stars at receiver are meaningless. I would have loved to grab one of many RBs that were available, but now that we're into the season I like seeing our pass blockers holding their own, and I hope they can improve in the running game soon.

Parson
Waddle
Freiermuth
Hutchinson
That's my first two rounds right now

You'd take Waddle over Smith or Chase? I'm not down on the kid but i just don't see the production at the next level. Just another fast guy!

You'd take Waddle over Smith or Chase? I'm not down on the kid but i just don't see the production at the next level. Just another fast guy!
I take waddle w our 2nd first. Chase is definitley gone by then. Smith is legit but I think waddle is way more dynamic. I

I don't think there is a chance in hell, Parsons falls beyond pick #5/6. So who's left to help the Front seven? That's a hard question to answer. So a pick that falls 7-10. Miami's gonna have to circle around another position.

I take waddle w our 2nd first. Chase is definitley gone by then. Smith is legit but I think waddle is way more dynamic. I

Not going to derail this Jackson thread any further. However, everyone thinks they're going to get the next Tyreek Hill with Waddle and he certainly is going to put up the combine numbers. I just see another Jon Brown and the miles of smaller fast guys in the league you barely hear about.

You barely hear a peep from his buddy(H.Ruggs) in Oakland and i'm projecting that his NFL career. A guy you hear about making a splash player every now and then. But not a consistent performer and that's Waddle's projection, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom