Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

You and I did not watch the same game. Lawson deserved his 90 grade from profootballfocus. He was very disruptive and constantly pressured the QB.
I'm not basing my opinion on one game. Lawson is not an explosive pass rusher. He is not a guy that offenses have to alter their game plan for. He is a okay player that is making great money for what he gives you. I definitely feel his position needs to be upgraded.

Graded out top defender on what pff? I thought he was pretty solid in the run game and I’m thinking his pass rush grade came largely after the starting left tackle was kicked out for some serious bs. To our benefit no doubt.

He can run a wide arch outside of the pure power bull rush but as a qb you gonna have to run into him for him to sack ya

yeah PFF. #1 defender

Let's assume the OL continues to perform this well throughtout the entire season and we or houston end up with a Top 10 pick. Do you take the best OL guy available with your pick?

It's unfortuante the top flight LB of this class will be a top 5 pick. RIght now that's the glaring weakness on this team and it's not funny. E.Roberts is an absolute mess. Bakers not really an LB..he's more of a strong safety playing LB. Van Noy is the only thing remotely resembling a LB.

I will say it's early on and outside of the contract aspect the E.Roberts over R.McMillian is a fail. One was far superior vs. the run. I don't know what exact E.Robert does well at this point.

Can't get off blocks, can't attack the right gap, can't tackle in the open field.
I doubt they would go offensive lineman that high but I wouldn't hate it if the right guy was there. I hope Miami loads up on skill position players next offseason. The wide receiver corps needs an an infusion of speed and explosiveness. I want the offense to be loaded when Tua becomes the starter. The Dolphins desperately need linebackers and pass rushers also, but I would make the offensive side of the ball the priority.

I have to admit, I was initially disappointed with the Austin Jackson pick, especially after watching Tampa package a couple of picks to jump up and take Wirfs. All of the draft "experts" said Jackson wasn't strong enough, and needed a year to develop. But there was a hint that they might be wrong.... At the Combine, Austin Jackson lifted 27 reps at 225. Wirfs only lifted 24 reps, Becton only lifted 23 reps, Andrew Thomas only lifted 21 reps and Wills didn't lift. I kept wondering.... did Jackson hit the weight room hard between the end of his senior season, and the Combine?

I'm really liking the pick now. He is big, agile, strong and smart. I hope the kid is the Dolphin's LT for many years to come.

Could end up better than tunsil?!

Maybe not on pure talent but if you bring discipline into it, possibly so. Tunsil is a true dancing bear but he was a penalty machine and that’s a loser’s profile. Those penalties can just kill drives. Sooner or later they get you. In the end, Jackson might bring more to the table.

I have to admit, I was initially disappointed with the Austin Jackson pick, especially after watching Tampa package a couple of picks to jump up and take Wirfs. All of the draft "experts" said Jackson wasn't strong enough, and needed a year to develop. But there was a hint that they might be wrong.... At the Combine, Austin Jackson lifted 27 reps at 225. Wirfs only lifted 24 reps, Becton only lifted 23 reps, Andrew Thomas only lifted 21 reps and Wills didn't lift. I kept wondering.... did Jackson hit the weight room hard between the end of his senior season, and the Combine?

I'm really liking the pick now. He is big, agile, strong and smart. I hope the kid is the Dolphin's LT for many years to come.

He might end up being better than at least two of the guys drafted higher and maybe more.

I'm a big fan of the investment Davie made on the foundational rebuild of this franchise.

And I'm loving our new LT. Let that young man mature along with some consistent bodies next to him. Let's enjoy the process alittle. They aren't great, but they are putting up some decent tape.

This line is doing fine in pass protect, but man it would be nice if we actually got a consistent push in the run game. I seriously haven't seen that since 2002.

This line is doing fine in pass protect, but man it would be nice if we actually got a consistent push in the run game. I seriously haven't seen that since 2002.

Easy there...How about we enjoy this part a little bit more 3 games into the season before asking for the 1972 Dolphins running game? Yah? Yah!

Lawson was mentioned... he is an Edge setter who gets a few sacks, not a pass rushing edge. He's good, but not the star PR that we need to win.

Jackson... I had Bechton and Jackson on my top two list. Why? Athletic potential. The guys ahead of them on the tout sites all rated the older, better coached players higher.

I didn't.

I like home run picks... and this is what Bechton and Jackson are looking like.

Compare penalties and the fact Tunsil is a mediocre at best run blocker and I think we have the better LT.

The look on your face when someone you are sure is going to criticize the Dolphins NO MATTER WHAT agrees with you:

giphy.gif

Being a USC fan, I was happy as hell we took him. Most experts had Jackson as the Tackle with the best athleticism and upside, but the fact he came out early and was only 20 was why he wasn't one of the top 3 Tackles in the draft. Took him awhile last year to round into form after his marrow donation. Had he stayed for his last year, he'd have been the #1 Tackle in the '21 draft. We scored big time landing him. He's got a bright future. Hope he's here for the next dozen years.

Back
Top Bottom