Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On

Barry calls it like he sees it, and I usually agree.

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You PLAY to WIN the GAME." And in this case that means passing more than 10 yards to win it, rather than hoping against statistics that you can break a run against an entire defense hell-bent on stopping you short of 10 yards. With the game on the line, you play to WIN, not to not-lose.

Problem with this is we were severely backed up on both inside our own territory.

If anything it’s too much faith in our defense.

Worst play call was the boot the prior to last series off pa with basically one backside primary out of it. He had nothing cause they were all over it he was flushed he threw it away like he should.

3 straight runs backed up inside your own 10 the last series that’s pretty par for the course considering the sticks were never manageable 2nd or 3rd down.

Consider this endorsement. Tannehill averaging 25.2 pass attempts per game this year. Osweiler is averaging 34.6 pass attempts this year. Gase doesn't even want Tannehill throwing the ball.
So they don't want him to be the guy but yet they give him an extension that screws up our freaking cap. That's our FO/HC for you.

Problem with this is we were severely backed up on both inside our own territory.

Worst play call was the boot the prior to last series off pa with basically one backside primary out of it. He had nothing cause they were all over it he was flushed he threw it away like he should.

3 straight runs backed up inside your own 10 the last series that’s pretty par for the course considering the sticks were never manageable 2nd or 3rd down.
There are three outcomes, win, lose, or tie and force overtime. That play call put very little chance for option 1, and the result was, as expected, option 3. IMHO, that is not acceptable. Then again, I'm for throwing a Hail-Mary at the end of the half too, despite the negative implications it will likely have on your QB's stats. The reason is that there's a much higher chance of it helping you win than it will of you losing. Stats be damned … it's about maximizing wins.

But the Colts offense was abusing this D on the previous few drives. You've got to assume they are going to come down and score no matter what ( Including an Incompletion by us). Thus, passing made sense.

But the Colts offense was abusing this D on the previous few drives. You've got to assume they are going to come down and score no matter what ( Including an Incompletion by us). Thus, passing made sense.

I hear you. I do. It’s inside the 5 yard line or right at it had we gained some yards on first down I think he plays it more aggressive when we didn’t he ran the ball second down gained nothing and 3rd down you basically have to call a draw or delay there.

I would have not had that much faith in my d which is probably his biggest flaw play call wise in that game.

This team doesn’t play smart football either. Always something and that also reflects on coaching be it special teams or positional groups. Penalties when we can’t have them situationally like the last kickoff return for instance.

Consider this endorsement. Tannehill averaging 25.2 pass attempts per game this year. Osweiler is averaging 34.6 pass attempts this year. Gase doesn't even want Tannehill throwing the ball.
osweiler needed more throws, his passes traveled about 4 yards in the air on average

I hear you. I do. It’s inside the 5 yard line or right at it had we gained some yards on first down I think he plays it more aggressive when we didn’t he ran the ball second down gained nothing and 3rd down you basically have to call a draw or delay there.

I would have not had that much faith in my d which is probably his biggest flaw play call wise in that game.

This team doesn’t play smart football either. Always something and that also reflects on coaching be it special teams or positional groups. Penalties when we can’t have them situationally like the last kickoff return for instance.

Or maybe he is putting the d in situations to fail because he wants to get rid if Burke...if I remember correctly he didnt want Burke to begin with

Back
Top Bottom