Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On

Problem with this is we were severely backed up on both inside our own territory.

If anything it’s too much faith in our defense.

Worst play call was the boot the prior to last series off pa with basically one backside primary out of it. He had nothing cause they were all over it he was flushed he threw it away like he should.

3 straight runs backed up inside your own 10 the last series that’s pretty par for the course considering the sticks were never manageable 2nd or 3rd down.
Final series. First down at 6. Colts defense geeked and ready to pounce. The first down play is and should always be play action pass right then and there. I was yelling for it then. I’m still yelling for it now. A clear 15 yard gain on first down to change field position and get the Colts on their heels a bit.

Then Gase became Gase.

Final series. First down at 6. Colts defense geeked and ready to pounce. The first down play is and should always be play action pass right then and there. I was yelling for it then. I’m still yelling for it now. A clear 15 yard gain on first down to change field position and get the Colts on their heels a bit.

Then Gase became Gase.

For a guy with a 3rd eye you play too much madden if you want to tell me pa vs that front gains 15 yards. Where does that gain amount even come from? Lol.

Your imagination I guess

I hear you. I do. It’s inside the 5 yard line or right at it had we gained some yards on first down I think he plays it more aggressive when we didn’t he ran the ball second down gained nothing and 3rd down you basically have to call a draw or delay there.

I would have not had that much faith in my d which is probably his biggest flaw play call wise in that game.

This team doesn’t play smart football either. Always something and that also reflects on coaching be it special teams or positional groups. Penalties when we can’t have them situationally like the last kickoff return for instance.
Speaking of lack of smarts, I really thought Perry could have backed into the EZ and let the kickoff bounce to him and down it. Instead he plays it at the 1 and turns out that stupid, undisciplined penalty on Howard that gave them the 15 yard start was monstrous in the outcome. Still, you have to try and get a first down. You know punting means a Colts FG and you aren’t seeing the ball. Let’s say you turn it over and they get a quick score - you have time to go get one of your own too. There was no way the D was going to hold them out of FG range. But I was more upset about the drive at the 8 min or so mark. That was the one we just needed 3-4 minutes and a FG and game is over. Instead we took 0:17 off of the clock and punted w the clock running and :25 still on the play clock. Awful management of the last 8 minutes of the game.

Played scared, coach scared. Apparently that’s the Dolphins best chance to win, according to the experts.

I agree that Perry should have let that ball go in the end zone vs take it out pretty much at the goalline.

To me that’s coaching. Off a bye these guys have to know better. If not then it’s on the personnel department for bringing in situationally stupid players.

I’m tellin ya our players play dumb way too much

Or maybe he is putting the d in situations to fail because he wants to get rid if Burke...if I remember correctly he didnt want Burke to begin with

Write these three things down and it’s the script for nearly every drive. Over and iver again. Run up middle, bubble screen, draw or another pass behind the LOS. Lose every single time

For a guy with a 3rd eye you play too much madden if you want to tell me pa vs that front gains 15 yards. Where does that gain amount even come from? Lol.

Your imagination I guess
Play action pass is and was the right call. Pounding Gore into that front with their ears pinned back? Not.

15 yards is conjecture but the play was there. It was there most of the game and surely was in that case. You need a field position change and that was it.

Speaking of lack of smarts, I really thought Perry could have backed into the EZ and let the kickoff bounce to him and down it. Instead he plays it at the 1 and turns out that stupid, undisciplined penalty on Howard that gave them the 15 yard start was monstrous in the outcome. Still, you have to try and get a first down. You know punting means a Colts FG and you aren’t seeing the ball. Let’s say you turn it over and they get a quick score - you have time to go get one of your own too. There was no way the D was going to hold them out of FG range. But I was more upset about the drive at the 8 min or so mark. That was the one we just needed 3-4 minutes and a FG and game is over. Instead we took 0:17 off of the clock and punted w the clock running and :25 still on the play clock. Awful management of the last 8 minutes of the game.

As good as Rizzi is, I notice this trend with our return men...Grant used to do it all the time, I get trying to make a play and all but sometimes it dosent make a lick of sense

Team for a decade plus has played not to lose in positions to win and it has rarely paid off. At this point would rather see the opposite and continue to lose.

Right. Precisely why we're the LORDS of losing meaningful games

and yet masters of winning the meaningless one.

As good as Rizzi is, I notice this trend with our return men...Grant used to do it all the time, I get trying to make a play and all but sometimes it dosent make a lick of sense
Agreed. This one was tricky because the ball was going to come down on the 1 I think but still - why not let it bounce to you and take a knee. Or bounce out of the EZ. It’s not a punt / likely to take a weird hop in the wrong direction. That run back was doomed from the get go. The obligatory block in the back call and that’s basically ball game.

Could not have said better myself, Barry. Sums up the incompetence of this organization in one single tweet.

Exactly right! Indy on 3rd and long pit the ball in the hands of their 20mill QB imagine if they handed the ball off. Gase believes in THill but won’t let him throw? For god sake 8/9 man fronts and you can’t truat your 20mill QB, incompatant

Tannehill looked weird throwing the ball all day
He did. He’s hurt. That bomb to Carroo just died on him. I think J David said in the game thread to check his arm to see if it’s still attached after that throw.

Back
Top Bottom