Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Could Not Be Anymore Spot On

I’d bet you that has more to do with the scoreboard than anything else.

Chasing it

I'm sure the fact that Miami won three of Tannehill's games and had double digit 4th quarter leads in the two loses had something to do with the play calling.

We were not severely backed up on both possessions. On the final possession, sure.

On the possession where we took over with 8 minutes left and a 24-17 lead, we were at the 25.

And Gase’s play calls were atrocious.

Ok yeah you are right I thought we had another possession. So from the 8 minute mark til game end we had one possession and were inside our 10 on it. Inside our 5 really

I'm sure the fact that Miami won three of Tannehill's games and had double digit 4th quarter leads in the two loses had something to do with the play calling.

Vs the patriots we had a lead huh? I must have missed that one.

Tannehill was throwing with his whole body all day. I gotta give him props dude is a trooper. Also wanted to say 2 Live Caroo again or Motley Caroo

The deep ball to stills looked like his body was in that throw.

Can’t hate on that throw almost dropped it in the bucket. The primary to secondary to middle dump the play prior almost picked by the lb yep can hate on that one

Consider this endorsement. Tannehill averaging 25.2 pass attempts per game this year. Osweiler is averaging 34.6 pass attempts this year. Gase doesn't even want Tannehill throwing the ball.

You don't think that maybe with Tannehill he is tying to keep him healthy until the end of he season (Hopefully for the playoffs), but with Osweiler he had no reservation overusing him if he had to, to steal maybe steal some wins here and here?

You don't think that Gase is smart enough to see Tannehill's 102/154(66.2%)...1,176yrds (7.6 YPC)...10 TD/5 INT...4.8 YPR...97.2 QB Rating in 5 starts is much better then 113/178 (63.5%)...1,247yrds (7.0 YPC)...6 TD/4 INT...2.6 YPR...86.0 QB Rating in 6 starts for Osweiler?

Also just noticed, it's 154 attempts in 5 games ( 30.8 att) for Tannehill compared to 178 attempts in 6 for ( 29.7 Att) for Osweiler... Tannehill was given one attempt more per game according to NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Consider this endorsement. Tannehill averaging 25.2 pass attempts per game this year. Osweiler is averaging 34.6 pass attempts this year. Gase doesn't even want Tannehill throwing the ball.

Wow, I had never looked that up. Wtf! I’m no Tammy fan but he does have a better arm than Osweiler.

Agreed. This one was tricky because the ball was going to come down on the 1 I think but still - why not let it bounce to you and take a knee. Or bounce out of the EZ. It’s not a punt / likely to take a weird hop in the wrong direction. That run back was doomed from the get go. The obligatory block in the back call and that’s basically ball game.

Tricky play. I think you have to field it. That ball would have backspin and there's too much danger if it lands just outside the goal line, since they are running toward you from midfield and not the 35.

Grant sometimes will try to make a play from midway in the end zone late in a game, instead of accepting the 25. That annoys me but I can't fault what happened today. Once Howard made the stupid hit in frustration we were at mercy of what Vinatieri managed with that kickoff.

Then again, I'm for throwing a Hail-Mary at the end of the half too, despite the negative implications it will likely have on your QB's stats. The reason is that there's a much higher chance of it helping you win than it will of you losing. Stats be damned … it's about maximizing wins.

I'll go beyond that. IMO, if your quarterback doesn't have a cannon arm then there should be a roster spot for that Hail Mary quarterback. It can pay off at the end of the half or end of the game, and the odds against that jump ball really aren't that lopsided.

Sports is still stuck in tradition and conservatism instead of bold grasp of squeezing that extra few percent here and there. In football there is no question that teams punt too often instead of risking 4th down. We punted early in today's game from maybe the Colts 43 and I thought it was a stupid choice. Giving the ball away via punt is like a half turnover. All the studies indicate as much.

However, by far the dumbest adherence to conventional wisdom in sports is the lack of switch putting in golf. That makes no sense whatsoever. It is far easier to putt right to left breaks as a right handed putter and left to right putts while putting lefty. The success rate backs that up. Yet you have everybody on tour volunteering the more difficult method and putting across your body half the time, instead of merely learning to switch putt.

Eventually that will change, as soon as some kid who starts switch putting at an early age makes a breakthrough at high level. Bryson DeChambeau is currently challenging many old truisms with successful results.

Laughable that switch hitting has been accepted in baseball for more than a century yet golf insists on standard and stale.

I agree that likely didn’t have his full healthy arm on it but truth is Aaron Rodgers makes that same throw and the media and this place lathers him in oil over it.

Regardless of if the wr made a play for the qb or not. Let’s try to keep it in perspective folks

Why bring Aaron Rodgers in to it bro. come on

I have supported Gase but you can’t defend the play calls on the last two drives. Fear, but irrational because his choices led to larger risks.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Up seven with the ball and eight minutes to go against an ok defense, the percentages were likely good.

We have to change the attitude of the team to aggressor. We’ve been playing safe football since 1996, other than the brief wildcat era.

Beyond that, I hate to be a broken record, but Gase needs to give up play calling. He’s the head coach and needs to act like it. Coach the players and coach the coaches. Gase can bring his big picture vision to all units and then the assistants implement “details.” Being mired in the minutia of the weekly game plan should be delegated. He can then focus on all position groups, get themes, goals, and messages out to players more clearly. I think the discipline, philosophies, and complementary football would all end up improved. Some coaches may be able to do all of this but Gase cannot and I’m not sure his judgment isn’t impaired with excess fear when he’s calling plays as the head coach. We saw that today. A coordinator may let it rip.

For a guy with a 3rd eye you play too much madden if you want to tell me pa vs that front gains 15 yards. Where does that gain amount even come from? Lol.

Your imagination I guess
I know where the 15 yard play doesn't come from.....a 3rd and 10 run. Twice.

Back
Top Bottom