Barry Jackson: Dolphins Can Clear Lots of Cap Space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Dolphins Can Clear Lots of Cap Space

Plus, I am SHOCKED that Rich Gannon is going off on the FO and current coaches. He could not wait to see something go wrong and rip. He is HUGE Joe Philbin fan.

These guys are so predictable.

So creating the space isn’t the problem. The concern is whether the Dolphins will be able to pick the right players to fill needs at linebacker, guard, cornerback and safety, among others.

Exactly.

So creating the space isn’t the problem. The concern is whether the Dolphins will be able to pick the right players to fill needs at linebacker, guard, cornerback and safety, among others.

Exactly.

He leaves out who is going to be coaching ALL of these players up. That will be the biggest key. We have seen players go from Miami to other places and play well. To me, that was a lack of coaching.

It is going to be a very interesting offseason and I will keep saying it, this team is closer than people realize.

Exactly.
Posted in another thread:

Free Agency isn't the only answer. I hope they can keep Hickey and add more pieces through the draft. This way we continue to add youth and stay young and don't get into cap hell.

Brother Hayden is right we need to the right coaches to coach them up.

Don't know how factual that article is.
I do hope it holds some truth to it because we desperately need the cap space to fix both lines.can also use a few good cb and lb

What I like is that for Grimes, Misi, Mitchell and Cameron it is about performance if they come back or not. You got 8 games to prove your worth.

Jackson left out cutting Dion Jordan too which is another 3.2 million.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Don't know how factual that article is.
I do hope it holds some truth to it because we desperately need the cap space to fix both lines.can also use a few good cb and lb

It is completely factual and anyone could have known this months ago by going to overthecap.com.

The cap and money streams are fine for the Fins.

I don't want to go crazy throwing away money to fa I would like if we could actually build through the draft

What I like is that for Grimes, Misi, Mitchell and Cameron it is about performance if they come back or not. You got 8 games to prove your worth.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

It is completely factual and anyone could have known this months ago by going to overthecap.com.

Yes not that concerned about the cap situation it's the decisions that are made that is the issue as it has been in the past and yes some of it is coaching which again goes back to the decision makers.

I love Miller. Always loved him at Miami and pushed to see the team select him. The question for me is a) what offensive scheme we have and what is his fit b) can you get more production and cheaper from another FA or draft pick?

Agreed. There are so many obvious moves to make that it shouldn't even be hard to clear space and cut dead weight. I'd restructure Wake, Cameron, and maybe Grimes. I'm kind of over him, I want to revamp our cb's with talent and grimes isn't a shutdown corner anymore, Watkins USED him. Gotta be able to atleast contain an elite wr. Misi i would keep as insurance. Probably cut Mitchell, he's not overly great but doesn't make much either. Phillips should develop too..

One of the biggest additions will be no doubt cutting a lot of the crap from the team- if they're costly or not. It'll be so Dolphins for us to give Dion Jordan another chance lol

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I agree with you though too Fin fan in Cali, Ajayi looked pretty solid. He and Lamar could be a good combo for us going forward

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I wouldn't resign Vernon unless it was one of a low ball offer, he has really faded since his good season a couple years ago.

Vernon is classic "go out there and get the best deal you can and come back with it"

no need to give him leverage, just come back and maybe we beat it(1% chance because some suckah team will overpay that moron)

Back
Top Bottom