BCS is shaping up.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS is shaping up....

OSUDauby said:
You are out of you mind if you are assuming Rutgers has a better D than Ohio State. the amount of sacks a defense means squat. In fact Louisville's so-called defense proved that last night. The ave. 4.5 sacks a game and were less than pathetic on defense.

And yes, I will bring up schedule strength. Sorry, Rutgers playing the New Jersey School of the Blind each week hardly counts in my book as a stat builder.

And yes, Ohio State's defense is the fastest (check thier 40 yrd dashes and compare) and most athletic in the nation.

After losing the most talented defense last year there was question about the void. Only to see this years squad put up better numbers. That's after losing 3 1st round picks to the NFL.

Sacks mean nothing, you just lost all creditability again.

And I never said Rutgers is the best defense, I said they are more athletic and faster then OSU!

You really need to learn how to read posts.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

And I never said Rutgers is the best defense, I said they are more athletic and faster then OSU!

Much like Maryland is all about crab cakes and football (it's what they do best :wink: ), reading posts is not one of the things Ohio does best. I'd say we're pretty good at spelling our state name out with band members and having some of the most inconsistent weather anywhere though.

Frisches13283 said:
Much like Maryland is all about crab cakes and football (it's what they do best :wink: ), reading posts is not one of the things Ohio does best. I'd say we're pretty good at spelling our state name out with band members and having some of the most inconsistent weather anywhere though.

:yes: I'm having some tonight!

Id like to see Ohio State vs Rutgers now :lol:

Even though I think OSU would slaughter them it would be fun to see how good Rutgers actually is

Alex44 said:
Id like to see Ohio State vs Rutgers now :lol:

Even though I think OSU would slaughter them it would be fun to see how good Rutgers actually is

The funny thing is when someone makes statements like the best defense in the league easily. You can argue that many teams are the best, its just silly to say.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The funny thing is when someone makes statements like the best defense in the league easily. You can argue that many teams are the best, its just silly to say.

But Ohio State is perfect, so there's no use in arguing...:rolleyes:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
That's what Maurice Clarrett keeps saying!:lol:

You're misquoting, Clarrett says "Ohio State Prison is perfect." 3 square meals a day, and all the goo times he could ever want.

I'm sad I missed the early trash talking :( Though I was shocked to see an OSU fan say good things about Quinn

Frisches13283 said:
It's happened before where a team lost thier last game, then played for the NC.

It was a joke in '01 w/ Nebraska and '03 w/ Oklahoma. CFB overall is a joke b/c they can't determine a Champ they way it should be determined.

Let's say OSU beats Mich, is it really fair to ask them to do it again the following game?

OSUDauby said:
Because the BCS says that two BEST teams play in the BCS Championship. It says nothing about win/loss records. If the game is close, chances are they are stil lthe 2 BEST teams in the NCAA.

The problem is they aren't the 2 best teams now and won;'t be after their game. I think OSU os the best but I am not impressed w/ Michigan who has been struggling w/ weak Big 10 teams.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

How can you tell? Rutgers has played an easy sched for a HS team so of course they should look much faster than their opponents. I am interested to see what they can do next week aaginst their first quality opponent.

Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with the BCS/Bowl system? I like that every game counts in college football, the entire season is like a playoff and every game is fun and important. You have to be perfect, you dont see that in any other sport. I think you could tweak the system to make sure the best two teams are playing each other, but I dont think I'm for dumping the system and having a true playoff system though I do see positives in that system also. I guess I just dont see why the BCS makes college football a joke.

DonShula84 said:
Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with the BCS/Bowl system? I like that every game counts in college football, the entire season is like a playoff and every game is fun and important. You have to be perfect, you dont see that in any other sport. I think you could tweak the system to make sure the best two teams are playing each other, but I dont think I'm for dumping the system and having a true playoff system though I do see positives in that system also. I guess I just dont see why the BCS makes college football a joke.
i agree completely. i think people that complain about a playoff aren't true college football fans, they're just NFL fans who are starting to get into college for whatever reason. they're SUPPOSED to be different, and i love the tradition of bowls and how every game is EXTREMELY important.

Back
Top Bottom