BCS is shaping up.... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS is shaping up....

DonShula84 said:
Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with the BCS/Bowl system? I like that every game counts in college football, the entire season is like a playoff and every game is fun and important. You have to be perfect, you dont see that in any other sport. I think you could tweak the system to make sure the best two teams are playing each other, but I dont think I'm for dumping the system and having a true playoff system though I do see positives in that system also. I guess I just dont see why the BCS makes college football a joke.

Every game doesn't count when Nebraska can get blow out in the Big 12 ttile game in '01 then play for the Nat'l title the next game and when OU can have the same happen to them in '03. Let's not forgt about Co-Champions and big time teams only play maybe 2-3 decent teams a year and maybe have 1-2 really tough games. CFB would be much better w/ a playoff, it would be the next biggest sporting event in the US after the NFL playoffs.

DonShula84 said:
Am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with the BCS/Bowl system? I like that every game counts in college football, the entire season is like a playoff and every game is fun and important. You have to be perfect, you dont see that in any other sport. I think you could tweak the system to make sure the best two teams are playing each other, but I dont think I'm for dumping the system and having a true playoff system though I do see positives in that system also. I guess I just dont see why the BCS makes college football a joke.

I agree completely. The reason I love college football is because every single game means something very very important. It sucks that my team could get their hopes dumptrucked in just a few seconds of the end of a game, but that is what makes it so damn exciting to watch. Also, it's on those guys to go out there and get it done, otherwise they don't deserve to play in the championship game.

My only problem is when sometimes the national championship and bowl games don't necessarily seem fair. IMO, they need to fix the system so that the best 2 teams are in the championship each year. How do they do that? No idea.

someone today said it best, that in this system, you're going to get AT WORST the 3rd or 4th best team in the country playing for the title. it's never as big of a crime when one team is left out as some people make it out to be.

UF Fin Kat said:
it's never as big of a crime when one team is left out as some people make it out to be.

it is if that one team is my team.

HysterikiLL said:
it is if that one team is my team.
it's always good when texas is left out! :yes:

besides, you can always count on mack brown begging other coaches to vote for his team to get into a big game.

UF Fin Kat said:
it's always good when texas is left out! :yes:

besides, you can always count on mack brown begging other coaches to vote for his team to get into a big game.

everyone loves mack :wink:

clear.gif

DonShula84 said:
His finger is eerily long in this picture...

He needs it for all the championship rings he's going to win in the next few years. :tongue:

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, the BCS gives you a match up between the two BEST teams in football. Right now, Ohio State and Michigan are the two best teams in football. If the game is close or goes into OT, they are STILL the two best teams in college football. And who has only played 1 quality team?

Teams ranked when game was played:
Ohio State - #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, #2 Michigan
Michigan - #? Wisconsin, #4 Notre Dame, #1 Ohio State

I fail to see your point
Yeah I agree (even though I think your an OSU fan) Michigan and Ohio State are the best best teams. The loser of that team should still be in the national championship. Both teams have played more then one good team.

i hope either michigan or OSU blows out the other team just so i don't have to hear all this rematch nonsense.

UF Fin Kat said:
i hope either michigan or OSU blows out the other team just so i don't have to hear all this rematch nonsense.

Michigan wins by 30, Quinn wins the heisman and we all end the season happy :)

Only time I have a problem with the BCS system is when there are 3 undefeated teams.....I dont think its fair to have a team (Like Utah or Auburn a few years back) win every game and not get a shot to prove they are the best.

I think a small playoff system (Say the top 4 teams) it could also help some guys draft stock

DonShula84 said:

I don't have a problem with it. But if a Big East team is 1 of only 2 unbeaten teams they gotta play for it all. and be in that final game OR......throw the Big East out of the BCS totally.

Ya can't have it both ways!!!!!!!! It must be one or the other. You can't have them IN the BCS but then say if you go unbeaten it doesn't count and you can't play for it all. That isn't right. Either throw them OUT or treat them the same way you treat every other school.

I dont care how the rest of the BCS goes, as long as my mountaineers wind up in a BCS bowl game, i really dont care

Back
Top Bottom