Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes?

I don't buy this. I think if the Bears offered their second (wouldnt' that be like the 5th pick in the second round?) Saban would rip that away in a heartbeat.

At this point, I don't care what teams get involved in a bidding war over Surtain. The more teams, the better our compensation IMO. I'm sure there will be some good offers building up to the draft, and we'll get our second rounder....

PHINZ RULE!!

SD needs some cover help and they have some good picks. See if they're interested.

CrunchTime said:
I hope its true.We need to get KC off the pot.

i'd rather see Ricky get off the pot :cooldude:

bdmagnum said:
How is Chicago's cap situation? Even if they wanted to give us their 2nd, would they be able to sign Surtain?
Clayton has Chicago being $6.16 million under as of April 1st, so they do have a realistic shot but I think they would need a bit more room for their 1st rd signing. A possibility for sure though.

If Chicago is offering their second that would be awesome. That would essentially force KC to give either their first rounder or a their 2nd and some additional picks

Don't believe these guys who have less then 50 post. They're just stirring up stuff

Dolfan2788... yes, Indy was actually tied for #1 in turnovers in the NFL with carolina.. and ironically Miami was tied for second to last in turnovers.

Amars said:
Don't believe these guys who have less then 50 post. They're just stirring up stuff

Sorry your excellence!! I'll just post some garbage threads till I get to 50!! Ya that sounds like a plan then I'll be smart and you'll like me!!! :cry:

Gimmie a break

DolphinFreak99 said:
Sorry your excellence!! I'll just post some garbage threads till I get to 50!! Ya that sounds like a plan then I'll be smart and you'll like me!!! :cry:

Gimmie a break
I don't think he means everyone. However there does seem to be a LOT more of these "new" posters that are posting off-the-wall stuff to try to gain attention.

DcRy82 said:
Oboy ill have to disagree with you a little bit... My dad, my stepdad, and a lot of my friends are die hard bear fans so i tend to watch most of their games(especially living in Illinois) and their corner play is very very weak. Azumah has great speed and is a very good return guy but he doesnt make plays and he cant tackle well (a lot corners cant). he goes as far as his speed takes him. and as for McQuarters, dont even get me started on that P.O.S (piece of poop). that guy is garbage.. i remember a play last year when one of the bears linemen or LBs scooped up a fumble and McQ was following and instead of blocking, he trailed his teammate in hopes of him lateralling him the ball. he could have blocked and they would have scored.. he is very selfish and very very average, if not below. the rest of their defense is pretty solid, so a corner like surtain would be huge for them.
I tend to watch a lot of their games too. Your points are very valid. I am just not sure if they want to spend the money/picks on a corner when they have two starters that already make decent money. I guess I could see it going down, but they would also have to trade either one of the corners they have on their team. I don't think the ego's of their current corners could handle being a nickel back!? thoughts?

As long as KC doesn't end up with Surtain I'm happy.

You can't try to drill us from behind like that and still expect diplomatic relations.

A 4th for Patrick Surtain?

CLINTON PORTIS for Champ Bailey?

I just want that 2nd from whoever (Bears sound great) and absolutely don't want that little punk Head Coach in KC to get what he wants, whatever price he's willing to pay.

DolphinFreak99 said:
Just read over on the phins news wire that the bears have offered up their second round draft choice for Surtain. Now granted this is going off something that was picked up from a bears message board so take the "rumour" with a grain of salt. If true it should get the cheifs off the pot and I would rather have chicago's second round pick anyways!! :D

(Sorry if this has been posted)

It would be nice, one of the anaylsts on NFL TOTAL ACCESS said last night look for miami to get this years 4th next years 3rd for SURTAIN..So hopefully thats a RUMOR!!!!!

Schleprock said:
I don't buy this. I think if the Bears offered their second (wouldnt' that be like the 5th pick in the second round?) Saban would rip that away in a heartbeat.

I absolutely agree, he wants a 2nd and this is a GREAT 2nd, so he wouldn't hesitate (IMO)

DcRy82 said:
Oboy ill have to disagree with you a little bit... My dad, my stepdad, and a lot of my friends are die hard bear fans so i tend to watch most of their games(especially living in Illinois) and their corner play is very very weak. Azumah has great speed and is a very good return guy but he doesnt make plays and he cant tackle well (a lot corners cant). he goes as far as his speed takes him. and as for McQuarters, dont even get me started on that P.O.S (piece of poop). that guy is garbage.. i remember a play last year when one of the bears linemen or LBs scooped up a fumble and McQ was following and instead of blocking, he trailed his teammate in hopes of him lateralling him the ball. he could have blocked and they would have scored.. he is very selfish and very very average, if not below. the rest of their defense is pretty solid, so a corner like surtain would be huge for them.
you must not watch to much bears football or you would know RW isn't a starter zoom and tillman are RW is the nickel back until vasher takes that from him also

Back
Top Bottom