Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes?

Willie Williams shut down Terrell Owens for a game this year. He was almost 34 at the time - his birthday is in December.

If a 34 year old decent cornerback can shut down one of the best receivers in the game, we should be getting more for Surtain.

Awsi Dooger said:
I ask because of all the impatience, including berating Carl Petersen like he had some obligation to donate a 1st or 2nd to us, very early in the process and with some goodies thrown in.

You need multiple suitors, then just sit back and wait. A typical eBay auction will jump 50% or more on the offer sheet in the final minute or two. Again, it's called a deadline. Ours is still more than two weeks away.

Exactly. Well-said.

DcRy82 said:
uhhh.. ok..aparently YOU dont watch many games because Tillman only played in 7 games last season, and RW McQ started ALL those games PLUS the first 4 that Azumah was injured during. so starter by default or not, RW started almost every game. McQ also led all CBs in tackles last year so are you sure your not the one who needs to catch up??

Now, Oboy, i agree with you a lot as well. especially the fact that their corners have ego problems. they make so much money because they were young when those contracts were made and they appeared to be promising young corners. well both of them ended up being average at best so chicago is kinda screwed after payin them as much as they did. i do agree that it would make sense for them to drop McQ or Azumah if they wanted Pat (for the simple fact that they make more money and are older than vash and tillman who are both gonna be good)
you meen to tell me because he started last year due to injuries he will be the starter this year i think not zoom & tillman are the starters RW will be lucky to make nickel back next season the only way RW starts is if tillman, vasher, & zoom all get injured and your right they did pay RW to much and this is zooms last year on his contract

DolphinFreak99 said:
Just read over on the phins news wire that the bears have offered up their second round draft choice for Surtain. Now granted this is going off something that was picked up from a bears message board so take the "rumour" with a grain of salt. If true it should get the cheifs off the pot and I would rather have chicago's second round pick anyways!! :D

(Sorry if this has been posted)

If it were true I think the trade would be done. We want a 2nd, they offer a 2nd end of story or am I missing something?

NaboCane said:
Also, the Bears are hesitant to sign Surtain to a big deal because of how they screwed themselves with the Tait contract last offseason. So they havew cap room, but maybe aren't willing to do the $13M signing-bonus deal the Chiefs offered.
did you know taits contract gets smaller each year. i agree the overall contract was to much but as far as the cap goes it gets less every year

Dudeman said:
but he'll be 29 in June

like it or not, thats what teams look at

if I was the Chiefs, I'd be skeptical too, because in 1 year, he'll be looking at his decline like most other players at a skill position

I hate it when people throw that age out there like it means something.
Samari Rolle is the exact same age with a much worse medical history and he just got an 8 figure signing bonus.

Corners don't wear down like the interior players in football. Hell Darrell Green played until 42 and he was still a quality player. Ty Law was 30 when he dismantled Peyton Manning in the '03 AFC Title game, so don't give me any garbage about this guys' age.

Yes Tait's contract was done extremely well. The big money came in the first year when the Bears had the most cap room. That was the ideal part of the contract. That made it perfect for Tait and that's why he signed there.

Jaj said:
Yes Tait's contract was done extremely well. The big money came in the first year when the Bears had the most cap room. That was the ideal part of the contract. That made it perfect for Tait and that's why he signed there.
yeah sorry i missed read nabo's post when i replyed to it i thought he was saying we are in cap trouble now because of taits contract again i appoligize

hey yo.........this trade will happen

surtain for bears 2nd rd pick

Back
Top Bottom