Bedard: Why Joe didn't know what was going on in locker room | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bedard: Why Joe didn't know what was going on in locker room

All this nonsense about Philbin needing to step in and stop Incognito from being in the leadership council. A leader, my friends, is someone that others will follow. As it turns out, a lot of players liked Incognito and they were willing to follow him. That's all there's to it. Nobody gets to decide who the leaders are except the people the leader's going to lead.

Then Philbin allowed the players to follow the wrong guy even more by allowing him to be on the leadership council, obviously. The results of that poor decision speak for themselves.

Then Philbin allowed the players to follow the wrong guy even more by allowing him to be on the leadership council, obviously. The results of that poor decision speak for themselves.

Philbin didn't "allow" the players to follow anyone. The locker room dynamic is decided by the players not some arbitrary title. The notion that any of this would have prevented if only Richie was not appointed to the "leadership council" is absurd. These are grown men.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Think the only thing Philbin could have done once Incog was on the leadership council was to get rid of him, and I think he did want to get rid of him but Ireland wasn't up for it.

Philbin didn't "allow" the players to follow anyone. The locker room dynamic is decided by the players not some arbitrary title. The notion that any of this would have prevented if only Richie was not appointed to the "leadership council" is absurd. These are grown men.

So you're discounting the possibility that if some other player had Incognito's spot on the leadership council, that player might have taken steps to see that the bullying of martin was stopped or curtailed?

So you're discounting the possibility that if some other player had Incognito's spot on the leadership council, that player might have taken steps to see that the bullying of martin was stopped or curtailed?

Yes I am... you're free to believe what you want.

The players chose the leadership council not Philbin. You wanted Philbin to step in and change that so you could blast him for that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Pure hindsight. Ive been following NFL football since 1971 and I still find this JM/Incognito dynamic incomprehensible. I dont think any HC in the league could have anticipated such a bizarre series of events.
BTW, the players pick the leadership council, not Philbin. These aren't adolescents, they are grown men. IMO, it was the players who let Philbin (and the team) down. Not the other way around.

Indeed. I think Joe has a lot of room for improvement, but it is comical to me that some folks expect him to be intercepting his players text messages or bugging their homes to pick up on this stuff instead of expecting the players to act like frigging adults.

not justifiable enough. It's the reason why the line played like ****. All the coaching and nothing was executed

Hate Philbin if you want but at least be honest about it. The whole issue is garbage and could just as easily of happened in any other NFL locker room. Anyone who really thinks the locker room is "out of control" or any similar such issue is just stuck in irrational PR mode. Take some time, look over the PFT police blotter. Philbin has one of the leagues best records in that matter while teams like the Broncos and Seahawks are two of the worse...including issues involving members of the coaching staff.

As for this article, I have heard enough Head Coaches past and present come out and say they are not often tuned in to this type of thing, it isn't unexpected for something like this to not be known by the head coach. Keep in mind when I say "This" I mean standard locker room boys will be boys stuff, which that's all that happened in Miami except on of the "boys" turned out to be a p*ss.

not justifiable enough. It's the reason why the line played like ****. All the coaching and nothing was executed

The line played like **** because the line was ****. Remember before the season not many people thought the line was actually good, probably half the forum was very worried about it and the other half thought we could get by as long as they were at least decent. I don't recall anybody claiming they would be a top 10 unit.

I am tired of this crap and blame game. Most everyone with intimate knowledge or involvement is gone.

If Philbin's OC didnt know, it shouldnt surprise anyone that Philbin didnt know. Martin was silent through all of this and only gave weak inconsistent signs. Most all of this was done outside the locker room. That is the inconvenient truth here that everyone ignores. No one looks at the Martin side of things that he did wrong. So this crap means nothing to me.

Time to move on. The league covered their azz.

The roster is 53 guys. What do we have 20 coaches or so. That's it. Who else reports to Philbin. He isn't responsible for this whole organization. He's responsible for 75ish people.

In any other business where a manager has 70ish reports, you expect a little bit of a clue. You expect the manager to be kind of on top of what's going on between employees. Managers watch out for issues between employees because good managers know this is part of their job. I'm tired of this they are all adults stuff. Guess what. Adults do a lot stupid things at work that put the company at risk.

Joe Philbin, through his hands off approach, put the team at risk. He is derelict in his fiduciary responsibility to the organization and players.

A football team needs even more supervision that a company because a team is full of 20 year olds. Have you ever experienced the poor judgement of 20 somethings in the workplace. 20 year olds are not adults folks. They need direction and guidance. Leaving that up to leadership councils composed of 29 year olds just shows how backward the NFL thinking tends to be.

A football team needs even more supervision that a company because a team is full of 20 year olds. Have you ever experienced the poor judgement of 20 somethings in the workplace. 20 year olds are not adults folks. They need direction and guidance. Leaving that up to leadership councils composed of 20 year olds just shows how backward the NFL thinking tends to be.

I take it you didn't watch any of the Olympics? Most, if not all, of those 20 year olds take their jobs serious enough that they don't need to be baby sat or spoon fed in order to compete at the highest levels. I know its probably naive of me but I still kind of expect similar dedication out of professional athletes.

All this nonsense about Philbin needing to step in and stop Incognito from being in the leadership council. A leader, my friends, is someone that others will follow. As it turns out, a lot of players liked Incognito and they were willing to follow him. That's all there's to it. Nobody gets to decide who the leaders are except the people the leader's going to lead.

that's why leadership is not always a good thing. It doesn't help if you have an idiot like Incognito leading and sheep following his wretched examples

Back
Top Bottom