Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell is choosing between Phins, Bills, Chiefs

Supposedly down to Fins and Chiefs, not a great source though someone who claims that they share a mutual friend with Bell. Grain of salt.

probably means Bills lol

Good point but don't you think he may be eying a ring a bit?

I think that’s certainly a possibility, but he just forced his way off a team for not being used enough. I think he wants to show that he still has “it”.

If winning is a priority to him, I’d imagine that puts Buffalo ahead of Miami.

For those dismissing the Dolphins, this franchise has a lot to offer right now. Young QB in the wings, with a chance to carry the offense and prove he hasn't lost it.

I mean in Buffalo and definitely in KC the offense runs thru the QB. Mahomes is not giving up touches to Bell and there are so many playmakers on that roster Bell's touches wouldn't be like they were in Pitt. Buffalo isn't exactly a run first team and they run out of the gun almost exclusively. Offensive style wise, Miami is the closest to Pitt.
Only issue is Bell is 28, old for an RB. He may have more urgency to win soon, like this year.

Let’s be honest our running game sucks and part of that is weak RBs. I believe bell is good in the right situation when happy. Flores has to do hw to make sure he won’t be a cancer for us but if he can hold himself in check for a year or 2 I give him a shot. We need a running game
I won't say he lost a step because that is probably true. Do I think its as bad as people think? No. Anyone who sees how Adam gase used him or any running back for that matter doesn't really get what a trash coach is. Im not saying he will be rookie contract bell, but he was still a very skilled running back who immediately upgrades our current group

Gaskin Is averaging 3.9 per carry as the starting RB. Which is a better YPC average than Bell over the past two years. Howard is the RB who has a terrible YPC average and he doesn’t play anymore. As I stated, if he will sign for the league minimum for a veteran I could see signing him. Otherwise I just don’t see him as a player who would add much at the RB position at this stage of his career.

If it was ANY team other than the jets, I would take his low YPC seriously. But that team is just such a disaster top to bottom, left to right, I just can’t put stock in individual rushing stats. It does put a question mark on him, but not a disqualification IMO.

Miami makes the most sense to me. I think we get him. Goodbye Howard.

Before he went to the Jets, Bell averaged the most yards from scrimmage a game in the history of the NFL... THE HISTORY OF THE NFL, including, remember, him completely crapping on us in the playoffs.

Having intimate knowledge about how Gase completely ruins offenses as Dolphin fans, you guys should kind of get the context here.

Sign me up.

Bell washed up. Rb is not a premier position like before. Hard pass unless its for a bag of chips and a diet coke

Not the type of guy I want on one of the youngest aged teams. It would be terrible if some of our young potential gets tainted by his brain. Different story if he had a more mature, veteran roster. But we don't.
Well said

Gaskin Is averaging 3.9 per carry as the starting RB. Which is a better YPC average than Bell over the past two years. Howard is the RB who has a terrible YPC average and he doesn’t play anymore. As I stated, if he will sign for the league minimum for a veteran I could see signing him. Otherwise I just don’t see him as a player who would add much at the RB position at this stage of his career.

true, the 2.8 ypc is a team average... Its difficult to assess Bell with the jets tho as that team is a dumpster fire. I think we need some more talent at RB... if Bell’s a pain in the ass, cut him... if he comes in hungry and humble with a chip on his shoulder it could be a great signing

Before he went to the Jets, Bell averaged the most yards from scrimmage a game in the history of the NFL... THE HISTORY OF THE NFL, including, remember, him completely crapping on us in the playoffs.

Having intimate knowledge about how Gase completely ruins offenses as Dolphin fans, you guys should kind of get the context here.

Sign me up.
The last time he was a premier RB in the NFL was 2017. While I accept he was with a bad Jets team the past few seasons, I just don’t see him being anywhere near the back now he was when he was with the Steelers. That is why I would have no issue with bringing him in at a low contract offer but I certainly don’t think they should offer him millions when it has been over 3 years since he was an elite RB in the NFL.

At this stage of his career and the fact RB’s don’t have longevity in the NFL, the Chiefs and Bills would appear to be a better fit for him. Theyare playoffs teams with a chance of advancing to the SB while the Dolphins are a few years from being at that level.

If he was cut, is there even a salary to absorb? Maybe a signing bonus from NY but what he is signed for is all anyone will owe, I think

Back
Top Bottom