Ben Wallace to sign with the Bulls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Wallace to sign with the Bulls

This is the death of The Pistons...

Expect a Sheed move now...they are officially a different team now.

They were already dominated by teams like The Heat on the boards...and now they lost the best rebounder in the league.

Caps said:
Some loyalty Ben has. He leaves the team he won a title with over a measly 1 mil a year. Happenings like these make me appreciate our boys like Haslem even more.

He doesn't like Flip Saunders, nor does he like Bill Davidson. But I'm surprised. Chicago offered him 1 million for a year than Detroit (which turns to 4 million over 4 years).

Chicago might also aquire PJ Brown and JR Smith(JR Smith more than likely would then be traded) and they would still sign Al Harrington and have cap space.

thats a place pryzbilla could have gone, now maybe he will stay

Joel doesn't really like Randolph or Miles so we'll see.

Detroit's Starting lineup will be more dangerous with Rashweed at the 5 and McDyess at the 4...all 5 starters can score. Detroit's major problem remains the same though: no bench

Detroit becomes if that's their starting 5. Big Ben kept the defense together, and now they are even more of a perimeter team.

Why do so many think this is just about a few million dollars??

Chicago is an exciting situation. They're a young team on the rise who gave the champs all they could handle in the playoffs. They need a big man. Meanwhile Ben's unhappy in Detroit. He's already accomplished a lot there, including a championship. Now it's onto a new challenge.

The money was even. The situation is more appealing to him. That's why he bolted.

Muck said:
Why do so many think this is just about a few million dollars??

Chicago is an exciting situation. They're a young team on the rise who gave the champs all they could handle in the playoffs. They need a big man. Meanwhile Ben's unhappy in Detroit. He's already accomplished a lot there, including a championship. Now it's onto a new challenge.

The money was even. The situation is more appealing to him. That's why he bolted.

I don't think it's just about a couple million, but I am surprised he left for a contract of equal length to the one Detroit offered him, but was worth 1 million more a year (when he could've easily got Chicago to offer him a 5 year $60 million contract)

Big Ben hated that they no longer focused on D. Everyone of the Piston's starters outside of him, regressed defensively.

Now he goes to play for Scott Skiles, who over the last two years made the Bulls a top defensive team, who also has a lot of fire. Why wouldn't you want to play for Skiles?

The roster looks great as well. None of the players have big egos. And I'm sure Ben was very tempted due to Hinrich, Nocioni, Thomas, Gordon,Thabo,and Deng.

IMO Chicago was a much better place than Detroit.

I think this has a lot more to do with Flip Saunders than people think, because obviously as said, this isn't about the money. Detroit offered Ben $48 million over 4-years and he called the proposal disappointing, yet he signed for not much more. I think it's a matter of not believing in Flip, then looking at an even better situation long-term in Chicago.

Think about this for a minute: Detroit falls short again next year in the playoffs with Big Ben under contract for the next 3-years, and Chauncey Billups opts out of his deal. Ben would then be stuck for 3-years of not having a chance to compete with the top teams in the Conference, much less being one of the top teams. I think Detroit now goes after Joel Przybilla.

For Chicago, I still don't see them as a "true" Championship caliber team. I think they'll contend, but I don't think they have enough to win it all. They don't have a post player who can score, nor do they have a perimeter player who can take the ball to the basket. Chicago still relies on shooting, and that doesn't win Championships in the NBA, I'm sorry. Might I add, Tyrus Thomas & Ben Wallace compliments each other in horrible fashion. This signing now makes you question that selection even more.

Chicago needed a big man... but not Ben Wallace. They needed an inside presence on offense to really take advantage of their perimeter shooting... and Ben Wallace is not that.

Also, I think Big Ben is overrated. He is a good defender... but the best in the league? Who does he really shutdown? Also, I think he will be somewhat exposed when he isnt surrounded by other great defenders like he had in Detroit. He will still be a good defender... but I dont think he will considered this all-world defender in Chicago like he was in Detroit.

(Maybe its just because I watch Shaq dominate him... I just think he is pretty overrated)

FinNasty said:
Chicago needed a big man... but not Ben Wallace. They needed an inside presence on offense to really take advantage of their perimeter shooting... and Ben Wallace is not that.

Also, I think Big Ben is overrated. He is a good defender... but the best in the league? Who does he really shutdown? Also, I think he will be somewhat exposed when he isnt surrounded by other great defenders like he had in Detroit. He will still be a good defender... but I dont think he will considered this all-world defender in Chicago like he was in Detroit.

(Maybe its just because I watch Shaq dominate him... I just think he is pretty overrated)

That's the most perfect post I've seen in any Ben Wallace/Bulls thread (RealGM included)

You can't really sum it up any better than that..

Blueprint said:
That's the most perfect post I've seen in any Ben Wallace/Bulls thread (RealGM included)

You can't really sum it up any better than that..
Thanks bro... :cooldude:

(Feel free to quote me... :wink::tongue:)

Blueprint said:
Might I add, Tyrus Thomas & Ben Wallace compliments each other in horrible fashion. This signing now makes you question that selection even more.
Please explain...

Back
Top Bottom