Benching Bush | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benching Bush

Well one could argue a Bush fumble cost us the cards game. Remember, we were driving to run out the clock and at worst would have been able to punt and pin the cards deep. However the Bush fumble set the cards up at mid field leading to Kolb's game tying TD drive.

I've supported Philbin up to this point in time, but he just lost me with this decision make an example out of Reggie Bush. It reaks of hypocrisy.

If you're gonna bench Bush for a turnover, then why not bench Tannehill after his first INT? Or Sean Smith for countless blown coverages and tackles? Or Jake Long for consistently getting beat off the edge? What about Karlos Dansby for dropping potential pick sixes?

We've all seen Daniel Thomas lose 2 bad fumbles in previous games? Why didn't he sit out the half in those games??

Reggie Bush has made as many positive plays as anyone on the team and deserves more respect than what he was shown today, especially if you aren't going to make an example of other players for making similar or worse mistakes.

Be consistent.

Lastly, it wasn't like Reggie's fumble was the result of being lazy or undisciplined. He didn't hold the ball out with one hand like a loaf of bread ala Dez Bryant. If he had done that, I could understand the decision to send a message a bit more. But fumbles happen. .. Just like INT's, missed tackles, and blown assignments happen.
I agree... BTW- he has benched Daniel Thomas for fumbling. I Notice only time Miller plays if either Bush or Thomas are benched for a fumble.

Well one could argue a Bush fumble cost us the cards game. Remember, we were driving to run out the clock and at worst would have been able to punt and pin the cards deep. However the Bush fumble set the cards up at mid field leading to Kolb's game tying TD drive.

That was a Tannehill fumble, though I understand nobody wants our franchise QB's failures attributed to himself.

Philbin should have benched every starter, not just Bush. This was an awful performance today by the players. Just about every unit underachieved.

I could be wrong, but wasn't that a Tannehill fumble?
R.Tannehill sacked at ARZ 48 for -7 yards (D.Washington). FUMBLES (D.Washington), RECOVERED by ARZ-V.Holliday at ARZ 49. V.Holliday to ARZ 49 for no gain (J.Jerry).

Reggie Bush should be benched for losing yardage and refusing to the hole or crease as designed. His freelancing ends up losing yardage and putting the whole team behind the chains.

Miller and our other youngsters should have had a chance to play. The regulars had their minds on something else.

you guys are right I effed up, Reggie didn't fumble vs the Cards it was Tannehill but it wan't his fault ;).

Reggie is a leader on this team, just like his buddy jake. How can they lead this team if they continually showcase their piss poor efforts to teach our young players?

It sent a really bad message and was probably a reason the team quit so bad. Bush is a poster child for hard work and dedication so cutting the cord on him after a fumble when Daniel Thomas fumbles all the damn time with little repercussion just looks like the staff is crapping on veteran players.

I seriously am willing now to say bye bye to Philbin, Coyle and this staff if a new GM comes in and wants his own guys. Philbin is tee-totaling religious dork who seems to be the opposite of a players coach but one who has now shown to be clueless. He's lost the team now and will just lose games from here on out.

Philbin is dunzo.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

OK, fumbling is one thing, but if he's continually not running the plays correctly and never hits the hole as designed then that's another matter. In that case I can appreciate the concept of trying another player, if anything just to get Bush to understand what the F he's supposed to be doing.

as i coach myself i would have benched him too. he has had one good play in the last few weeks. he needs to step it up. no doubt in my mind he wont be back next year

It sent a really bad message and was probably a reason the team quit so bad. Bush is a poster child for hard work and dedication so cutting the cord on him after a fumble when Daniel Thomas fumbles all the damn time with little repercussion just looks like the staff is crapping on veteran players.

I'm pretty sure that Bush fumbling in our own territory, leading to points for the other team, sent a bigger message, but maybe that's just me.

I'm behind Philbin 100%. I like Bush, but I think he clearly is not 100%. It isn't all his fault the offensive line hasn't gotten the same push they did since the 1st 3 weeks.

I was a little suprised he benched Reggie, but I have total 100% faith in what Philbin is doing. The Dolphins really are on the right track and he has a lot to do with it.

The effort today and performance was pathetic, but this is what you get with a young team and particularly a QB. Tannehill was terrible today, but he isn't Andrew Luck, infact if he had 4 or 5 of these performences this season I wouldn't of been suprised hell Peyton Manning was 3-13 in year one. A Rookie QB without a running game or a big play WR is a receipt for disaster. He stood up after the game and handled it like a PRO. The Dolphins will be 7-9 or 8-8 this yr. They will prob lose another game we think they should win (Maybe a Seattle) and win a game against a really really good team (San Fran and NE) and everyone will say what a bright future they have. I dunno about you guys but they have 4 wins right now and I had them at 5 wins for the entire year after watching training camp. Today was one of those days...It happens to everyone.

dont you get it! It doesnt ****ing matter, we still blow ass with or without him. Open your eyes guy. Can';t even score on the ****ing Titans, like come on. Tannehill is ****ing garbage. My uncle was right about him. He sucks, and is so clueless with decision making, yea yea hes a rookie i get it. But still the kid looks like Henne 2.0

If you think he is Henne, then I suppose you will buy about 7 Tannehill jerseys, dress manaquins in them, and strangely rub them on the shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom