Bess and Hartline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bess and Hartline

You cannot return next season with Bess and Hartline as your starters again. Can't happen.

I said we need a true 1 already. Meaning wed have a new starting WR. Not saying we are going into the off-season with the same receiving corps but people act like Hartline is garbage. He isn't. Hes could be a very solid 2 WR. I would rather upgrade Bess for a speedster as well, but isn't like he isn't serviceable. We aren't going to go in next year and get 4 new WRs, 2 new Hbs, a whole new offensive line. It just isn't realistic. We aren't going to have that much of a roster turnover.

I said we need a true 1 already. Meaning wed have a new starting WR. Not saying we are going into the off-season with the same receiving corps but people act like Hartline is garbage. He isn't. Hes could be a very solid 2 WR. I would rather upgrade Bess for a speedster as well, but isn't like he isn't serviceable. We aren't going to go in next year and get 4 new WRs, 2 new Hbs, a whole new offensive line. It just isn't realistic. We aren't going to have that much of a roster turnover.
Hartline is not a number 2, IMO. He's a number 4 in a good offense. Bess is too small and slow. We absolutely must add at least 2 new receivers.

I wouldn't bring Hartline back next year. He's been a focal point of this offense for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every season. We need new blood.

brandonmarshall-1.jpg
marshall-1.jpg

Hartline started opposite him.

Just because you start doesn't mean youre a focal point of the offense. Giants have Nicks in the 1, and Cruz in the slot. Can you name who their number 2 WR is this/last year starting? I bet he wasn't a focal point though..

Hartline has been a starter on this team for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every year.

He was never the focal point of the passing game. Brandon Marshall was. Thanks though.

Just because you start doesn't mean youre a focal point of the offense. Giants have Nicks in the 1, and Cruz in the slot. Can you name who their number 2 WR is this/last year starting? I bet he wasn't a focal point though..
My point is Hartline is just mediocre.

Hartline started opposite him.

fo·cal point

Noun

1. The point at which rays or waves meet after reflection or refraction, or the point from which diverging rays or waves appear to proceed.
  2. The center of interest or activity.
Synonyms
focus
So, you're either calling him a point at which rays or waves meet after reflection or refraction, or you're calling him a bad Christian hardcore band from the 90's; because he certainly wasn't the center of interest with Marshall and Bush on this team.

Back
Top Bottom