Bess and Hartline | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bess and Hartline

I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.

Hartline is fighting Matthews? lolz

Something other people have noticed lately that is also starting to trouble me is that Hartline and Bess just can't seem to keep their damn feet for whatever reason. It's just bizarre. Bess seemingly can't even catch the ball without going to the turf or moving backward, and Hartline really just seems completely incapable of finishing off a great play and scoring a touchdown.

I like both players, but I think one or both of them should be replaced with someone who can produce touchdowns.

You do understand both these guys are being doubled all game every game because the opposition knows they are the only options Tanney has.they are good and would be better with a #1 on the field with them

Being doubled? Most teams are leaving one safety deep and putting the other in the box. Teams have NO respect for these guys. I have only seen either of them doubled a hadnful of times all year and those were mostly because it was zone coverage and just happened to be two defenders in the zone. CK said it last week in a thread and I agree 100%. I would either resign Hartline and trade Bess or keep Bess and let Hartline walk.

I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.

lol, he said " one receiver = almost done mode"

1 td in the past 28 games definitely mediocre

3 tds in the last 176 quarters of football definitely mediocre

If TD's determine mediocre then don't even get me started on the guy actually tossing the pigskin. Hartline isn't out there throwing to himself. He's also not the one who goes brain dead calling plays in the redzone.

lol, he said " one receiver = almost done mode"
Nice reading comprehension.

I'll repeat and add...

If we add a solid FA wide receiver, then draft an appropriate matching talent at WR, we'd have WR covered. What is left for the offense? Tweaking the O line is all. There are 3 capable RB (4 if you include FB), 2 TE, 2 QB, we'd have 4 WR (5 if Matthews improves over the off season). Yep, almost done mode. The team could then focus on DBs and another pass rusher.

If TD's determine mediocre then don't even get me started on the guy actually tossing the pigskin. Hartline isn't out there throwing to himself. He's also not the one who goes brain dead calling plays in the redzone.

I agree it's not just 1 persons fault
but Hartline has been allergic to the end zone for years

3 touchdowns in the past 45 games is mediocre

Hartline and Bess are good players, however they are too similar to be on the field together for extended periods of time. Neither has elite speed and both do best working underkneath the defense. Because they are our starting wide receivers and both have 0 seperation ability, defenses just stack the box. Going forward I think it will be difficult to justify keeping both, as they bring the same exact thing to the table.

these guys would do much better with a good running game and a # 1 wide receiver and a nice TE.

Being doubled? Most teams are leaving one safety deep and putting the other in the box. Teams have NO respect for these guys. I have only seen either of them doubled a hadnful of times all year and those were mostly because it was zone coverage and just happened to be two defenders in the zone. CK said it last week in a thread and I agree 100%. I would either resign Hartline and trade Bess or keep Bess and let Hartline walk.

Bess, under a good QB, would be as good as Welker for NE.

Bess, under a good QB, would be as good as Welker for NE.

the overrating of Bess is absolutely asinine.

Welker has a far more developed and expansive route tree, because is a far better and more complete player. Welker has much better balance, unlike Bess who falls on his arse 90% of the time he catches a pass. Weler also has far better ability to take it the distance, Bess has ZERO ability to do so. Welker clearly has better vision, can get open downfield routinely (unlike Bess who can only operate within 10 yards as he needs more space to operate than welker, hence the infinitely smaller route tree Bess has at his stable). Welker has more speed, is quicker, better lateral movement ability, is smarter, much harder to defend... and we're just getting started.

Hartline should absolutely be resigned assuming his contract demands are reasonable. He has good hands, is a solid route runner and has good chemistry with Tannehill. He is not a #1 but can be a solid #2. Bess is a solid slot receiver. Compliment them with a true #1 and seam threat TE and we’re good to go.

Back
Top Bottom