Best available free agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best available free agents

Some interesting players still available. Where is Miami salary cap wise?

Feels like Grier may be done on the free agent front, but I could see a cheap wide receiver add with Ced Wilson signing elsewhere.

I wouldn’t mind Dalton Risner, that guard from Minnesota. Some other interesting players at edge and WR. Nothing really at DTackle.

There's someone still out there who was an absolute monster until the past two seasons due to injuries, is only 28 years old, and nobody's saying a peep about him. He didn't even make this list, which is kinda silly.

I do wonder how much it would cost to bring in former All-Pro Jamal Adams just to see what he's got left. I don't think it would be much.

I wouldn’t mind Dalton Risner, that guard from Minnesota. Some other interesting players at edge and WR. Nothing really at DTackle.
zeitler or risner would be great, if they are still around June 1 when we have money.....or if something frees up before then. that way they can go into the draft not desperate at any single position and have flexibility to take the BPA

zeitler or risner would be great, if they are still around June 1 when we have money.....or if something frees up before then. that way they can go into the draft not desperate at any single position and have flexibility to take the BPA
There maybe conversations brother with players agents that they will make a deal after June 1st. :ffic:

Troy Fautanu @ LT also has some work at LG.
There's someone still out there who was an absolute monster until the past two seasons due to injuries, is only 28 years old, and nobody's saying a peep about him. He didn't even make this list, which is kinda silly.

I do wonder how much it would cost to bring in former All-Pro Jamal Adams just to see what he's got left. I don't think it would be much.
Injuries hit him bad - played just 34 games for the Seahawks while missing 33.

Also, after that HUGE payday, not sure what desire he has.

Interesting though. He was damn good not too long ago.

We will get throught the draft and see what we have after that

The X money and also the Tua money if they extend him will buy some FA's to fill what ever holes we have left (and sign the draft picks)

Cutting Liam Eichenberg will pay for our entire draft 2024 draft class. His salary will cover the cost of our first and second round picks and any other rookies who make the team won't factor into the equation because they will be replacing players with the same if not bigger cap hits.
wtf

There maybe conversations brother with players agents that they will make a deal after June 1st. :ffic:
hope so....i always wonder how that works. guess they can have those conversations, but if team A says i will give you 5 if you sign now, and the dolphins say i will give you 6, after june 1, does the player wait around? the risk is dolphins change their mind, and then there is no market for the player. its a dirty biz, this sort of stuff happens, so hard to know if players will just sit around and wait and trust the team. just asking the question, because i dont know exactly how this works, so i am guessing.

For sure, but either way, Liam Eichenberg is paying for our draft picks so need to worry about where that money is going to come from.

But you can't release him until you've gotten the replacement.

He's not getting cut

Terrible as a starter but we got a new center so he will be a back-up at center and guard in case of injury

He's not getting cut

Terrible as a starter but we got a new center so he will be a back-up at center and guard in case of injury

Ya, except for the glaring part that even you acknowledged. Terrible. If you know it, they know it.

The fact that he's been here for 3 years is moot because you like you said, if he has to play, its a big problem, no?

He's the lowest graded center in the league, when he plays. If he offers nothing, nothing is what he'll get.

Ya, except for the glaring part that even you acknowledged. Terrible. If you know it, they know it.

The fact that he's been here for 3 years is moot because you like you said, if he has to play, its a big problem, no?

He's the lowest graded center in the league, when he plays. If he offers nothing, nothing is what he'll get.
disagree, they could trade him for a used billy milner jersey off the discount rack!

?

Liam's salary would equate to about the sum of our first and second round picks combined ($3.4M). Any player that makes the team drafted in the 5th round or after will essentially be replacing the 48th, 49th, 50th or 51st players on our cap so it has no impact, as they will be near minimum cap hits anyway.

So to sum up, cutting Liam Eichenberg negates any money needed to sign our draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom