Best available free agents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best available free agents

I would like Ogbah back for a 1-year deal at LDE if he remains unsigned, although he should really sign with the Vikings where he’s a perfect scheme fit and they just lost Hunter.

At least for the beginning of the season. Maybe Ingram as well if they don't draft a pass rusher

?

Liam's salary would equate to about the sum of our first and second round picks combined ($3.4M). Any player that makes the team drafted in the 5th round or after will essentially be replacing the 48th, 49th, 50th or 51st players on our cap so it has no impact, as they will be near minimum cap hits anyway.

So to sum up, cutting Liam Eichenberg negates any money needed to sign our draft picks.
Just a wtf as in- it’s ****ed up how that is- such a bad player we could cut and get a significant enough

zeitler or risner would be great, if they are still around June 1 when we have money.....or if something frees up before then. that way they can go into the draft not desperate at any single position and have flexibility to take the BPA
I like Zeitler, but I think he’s 33, so not sure if they’d do it or not. Also, not sure he has the movement that they are seeking? Who knows…

I couldnt see the espn+ article but here's one I googled:

Hard to see much more action until after the draft, Risner would be amazing for us. Safety is still a concern too, Eddie Jackson or Quandre Diggs would probably help a good bit if we want to run 3 safeties a lot..

Clowney would be a nice addition and lessen the need for a DE in the draft.

Thomas would be a good WR3 but he is a headcase.

Tre'Davious White would be a nice post June 1 signing and he should come cheap since he is coming off an ACL injury although it happened in week 4 against us last year so he could be good to go relatively early in the season.

Cutting Liam Eichenberg will pay for our entire draft 2024 draft class. His salary will cover the cost of our first and second round picks and any other rookies who make the team won't factor into the equation because they will be replacing players with the same if not bigger cap hits.
Cutting him would save about 3.3m. That won't pay for the entire draft class.

Ya, except for the glaring part that even you acknowledged. Terrible. If you know it, they know it.

The fact that he's been here for 3 years is moot because you like you said, if he has to play, its a big problem, no?

He's the lowest graded center in the league, when he plays. If he offers nothing, nothing is what he'll get.
He wasn't the lowest graded. Third lowest. Worse were Luke Fortner and John Michael Schmitz.

Back
Top Bottom