Best FA QB to pursue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best FA QB to pursue

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
is Tim Couch. I think the upside on him is the best of all the possibilities. Except Manning. But he is not really a possibility. After that I would take Brunell. He can still get it done.

But those are the only two QBs I would take as FAs. Warner has concussion problems and with our O line he will get hit. Garcia lost may lose his job to Rattay. Enough said.

If we go for a QB in the draft I say go for Eli and that is it. Make whatever deal you have to. In reality I think he is worth two firsts this year (assuming Wale gets taken) and first next year and another conditional the next. That seems like a lot, but big time QBs that could be around for 10-12 years are worth it.

If not those options I would stick with Fiedler and load the O line up. Get one more solid WR and wait till the following year for a new franchise QB.

A franchise QB most likely comes from the draft. Unfortunately we always draft too late to get one. Unless something drastic is done we will never be able to land the big time young gun. Dan is an exception and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Giving up 3 1st rounders for Eli is a gamble I would take. If QB is the one position that everyone thinks needs upgrading.

The best FA QB to pursue is none other than Mr. Mark Brunell.

We don't need to pursue a QB at all...we need to go after linemen and receivers. You give Jay the supporting cast and we win the Super Bowl....you stick Couch or Brunell (or any other available QB) into our current system and this team misses the playoffs again.

Couch? No thanks...

Brunell or Bust

Originally posted by dean_siu
We don't need to pursue a QB at all...we need to go after linemen and receivers. You give Jay the supporting cast and we win the Super Bowl....you stick Couch or Brunell (or any other available QB) into our current system and this team misses the playoffs again.

oh yeah, heaven forbid we have a threat at QB :rolleyes:

Couch? I highly doubt he's leaving. He's their young gun, and has shown good flashes. He was thrown into a bad situation, and time on the bench has helped him. I like the idea of young, talented QB, but I think we should pursue that in the draft. Couch isn't ready to go now anyway. Might as well draft a younger QB that hasn't...well..failed at QB in the pro's....yet.

We're in position to get Rivers at the least. I say get Brunelle. He's a deffinite threat, then pick up Rivers in the draft, or if we're really ballsy, trade up for Eli.

Jay stops overthrowing receivers and we win more games. :rolleyes:

:lol: :drinker: :hitself: :tongue2: :lolcry:

Oh my God...that was the funniest thing I've ever read.

Couch is a statue and he could get killed behind our OL.

Did anybody watch him take a beating for the last three years in Cleveland with their crappy OL? He missed almost as many games as he played.

1- Brunell
2- Rosenfels
3- Late Round Draft Pick

Later to the big money no production Fiedler and Griese.

Fiedler will NOT be here at 5.7 mil or so. I doubt they'll pay that 2 mil roster bonus that's due and would be too high on the cap for a backup.
But you are right tho, we do need to pursue lineman.
Do you mean missing the playoffs "again"?

If we pursue Brunnel, we BETTER pursue a RT to go with it! Otherwise, different year.... same story!

Originally posted by fin-atic
Oh my God. I can't believe there is still a Fiedler Hugger out there.
They're still out there with their rose colored classes on unfortunately. What a pain. It's so painfully obvious that we need a new QB and they still support him. :nono:

Originally posted by Dolfan954

They're still out there with their rose colored classes on unfortunately. What a pain. It's so painfully obvious that we need a new QB and they still support him. :nono:

Just ignore them. They're starting to go away. But there are still a few out there. If we pretend they don't exist maybe they will all leave...and take Jay with them.

Finding a new QB ain't the #1 priority or even second but we can sure use an upgrade at QB position.Who knows what direction the new Gm will take so don't get your hope too high that Fiedler won't be back next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
a qb upgrade is a top priority, if for no other reason than we should cut both jay and brian to save money, so we could upgrade the O-Line as well

Back
Top Bottom