Best FA QB to pursue | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best FA QB to pursue

I guess Brett Favre struggled in Atlanta before becoming great in Green Bay, and Steve Young struggled in Tampa before becoming great in San Fran...but still, for Couch we would be gambling that he was indeed a Brett Favre or Steve Young and not like a Rick Mirer and myriad of other dudes who were high picks and struggled with their first team mainly because THEY SUCK.

Kitna isn't mobile either. Brunell can't scramble like before but he can still avoid the rush.

Hey I know, maybe we should switch to a West Coast Offense, THEN get Tim Couch. Seems to work wonders in other cases.

Well I for one am glad that MB got a rest this season. Cause I will love to have him play for the Finz for a couple of years till we get a rookie QB broken in.

He is old, if you consider 11 years in the NFL old. I believe Marino had 17, but so far MB has only missed 11 games in the last 128 (in last 8 seasons). Missing 1 game in 02, 1 in 01 and one in 99 (4 games in the last 64). MB has an avg QB rating of 85% (144 TD, 86 INT). His accuracy and arm strength is great, 60 % comp rate.

Some of the players mention by Blueprint have missed the same or more games than MB. Such as:

JF missed 10 in 64 games
Couch missed 18 in 80 games
Kitna missed 4 in last 80 games

IMO, the only QB out there that I would prefer is Manning, but I am not living a dream so the next best QB available to start for this team is M. Brunnel.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Right about that. If he succeeds then woohoo we got a young QB and we did not have to spend a pick.

Originally posted by Disnardo
Well I for one am glad that MB got a rest this season. Cause I will love to have him play for the Finz for a couple of years till we get a rookie QB broken in.

He is old, if you consider 11 years in the NFL old. I believe Marino had 17, but so far MB has only missed 11 games in the last 128 (in last 8 seasons). Missing 1 game in 02, 1 in 01 and one in 99 (4 games in the last 64). MB has an avg QB rating of 85% (144 TD, 86 INT). His accuracy and arm strength is great, 60 % comp rate.

Some of the players mention by Blueprint have missed the same or more games than MB. Such as:

JF missed 10 in 64 games
Couch missed 18 in 80 games
Kitna missed 4 in last 80 games

IMO, the only QB out there that I would prefer is Manning, but I am not living a dream so the next best QB available to start for this team is M. Brunnel.

GOOO FIIINZ

the point is NOT missed games. Steve McNair doesn't miss many games, but does that mean he's not hurt? sure looked hurt with 3 INT against baltimore huh? thats the point... brunell can't stay healthy.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

the point is NOT missed games. Steve McNair doesn't miss many games, but does that mean he's not hurt? sure looked hurt with 3 INT against baltimore huh? thats the point... brunell can't stay healthy.

Well I used MISSED GAMES there because I could not verify that they were injured, I am assuming they were injured, and that is why they missed them. Can you verify that they were not injured? :confused:

GOOO FIIINZ

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Is there a point to your post?

Let's talk about Jay Fiedlers play when he had a good OL.
This year is the only year the OL has been a negative.

Regardless, next year the Fiedler flock can post how great he is on another teams board. HOORAH!

Wrong ...

Last year the line had problem with protection.The oline was never the same after Jay first two years.Back them he was sorrounded by pretty crappy talent(Ofensively).

Why you even brought up Jay?because I pointed out how stupid it will be not upgrade offensive line and that QB is not top priority?Didn't I state that an upgrade QB is needed if able.

I don't think QB is the Phinz #1 priority this off-season. It's a close 2nd behind the OL though....

If M. Brunell is the best FA QB available, we're in trouble. There's a reason why rookie QB B. Leftwich is starting in Jacksonville. QB M. Brunell isn't getting it done anymore....

I don't want him. He's certainly not much of an upgrade if you ask me. He may be an upgrade over Fiedler, but that's not saying much when you think about it....

We need a mobile, accurate QB. I'd like to see QB J. Garcia in Miami personally. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate, and he plays with determination. He could also use a change of scenery. He's a guy who can make things happen....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

after Bulger's performance last Sat., cross Warner off the list since he is likely staying in St L to finish out his contract http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-ramsbulgerwarnerbatt&prov=fanball&type=lgns

we need a QB who can match what Norv likes to do which is run the ball and throw to the WR; not run a West Coast O. Also, throw in someone athletic enough to get away from the pass rush occasionally. Brunnell may not be a fast as used to be, but he knows how to move around in the pocket and throw on the run. I still like Brunnell. Not sure Garcia w/b any good outside the WCO.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

he wanted to get on with the future after he saw MB play! his first game he threw 2 TD and had 133 rating. he looked very sharp (against a what was once bad carolina secondary).

then indy and buffalo ate him alive. he barley had 100 yards average passing. when indy holds you to 90 yards passing something is WRONG.

who cares how old Johnson was? he's been able to stay healthy, while MB is constantly banged up and injured.

Leftwhich in his FIRST start threw up 425 yards (against the texans secondary which is made up of 2 VERY good corners) and 2 TD. why would you put brunell back in ever? MB sucks, nuff said.

i would rather start sage this season (which i hope DOESN'T happen).

Manning
Kitna
Couch
Fiedler
Griese
Holcomb

are all players i would try to get before Brunell even entered my mind.

You probably dont want to hear this but Brunell is #3 in the AFC in passer rating for the season. Including 2 start against playoof teams.

Garcia is highly accurate, quite mobile, and has above average arm strength. He's also a highly motivated player on the field.....

Just because he's played in the WCO while in SF, doesn't mean he wouldn't fit in Miami. He's a good QB, and he should be able to fit in wherever he goes IMO....

He'd have plenty of good weapons to choose from in Miami as well.....

Brunell is "garage sale" material at this point in his career IMO. I'd rather spend the money on OL, and keep Fiedler than waste it on a very minmal upgrade like Brunell. I just can't see him helping our offense that much....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Garcia is highly accurate, quite mobile, and has above average arm strength. He's also a highly motivated player on the field.....

Just because he's played in the WCO while in SF, doesn't mean he wouldn't fit in Miami. He's a good QB, and he should be able to fit in wherever he goes IMO....

He'd have plenty of good weapons to choose from in Miami as well.....

Brunell is "garage sale" material at this point in his career IMO. I'd rather spend the money on OL, and keep Fiedler than waste it on a very minmal upgrade like Brunell. I just can't see him helping our offense that much....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Blitz, I ask again.....Do you know who Mark Brunnel is?

Brunnel BTW, throws a better deep ball than Garcia.....has less injury problems.....is more mobil......equally accurate and cheaper...........

Originally posted by Section126

Blitz, I ask again.....Do you know who Mark Brunnel is?

Brunnel BTW, throws a better deep ball than Garcia.....has less injury problems.....is more mobil......equally accurate and cheaper...........

Ofcourse I know who is is....:rolleyes:

He may be cheaper, but he's certainly not as accurate, or as mobile as Garcia. Garcia has only played at the NFL level for six years. In that short time, he's had great success IMO....

Go look at his numbers, and compare. Not even close. Garcia leads Brunell in almost ever single category. Garcia is clearly superior IMO.....

When was the last time Brunell threw for over 20 TD's in one season???....Garcia averages almost 30 TD's a season.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom