Best FA QB to pursue | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best FA QB to pursue

Originally posted by dean_siu
We don't need to pursue a QB at all...we need to go after linemen and receivers. You give Jay the supporting cast and we win the Super Bowl....you stick Couch or Brunell (or any other available QB) into our current system and this team misses the playoffs again.

Yes everyone.... don't forget that a "Hall of Fame" QB has been leading this team for the last 4 years. Jay has just been a victim of a Bad OL.... (which was fine his first 3 years), bad receivers who don't run proper routes... (IE ... they overrun Jay's underthrown ducks).... and a bad Offensive system that restricts Jay's greatness....(never mind that coaches actually admitted that they had to trash half the playbook BECAUSE of Jay's limitations).

Yes forget going after a QB. A Hall of Famer is already here....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Originally posted by m_churchill
The best FA QB to pursue is none other than Mr. Mark Brunell.

I agree.
Brunell is a great fit.
He has been consistent every year in Jacksonville, with strong supporting casts and with average supporting casts as well.

A couple of OL and another WR and we could have something here. I think that most everyone on this board is finally ready to admit that QB is in fact a position that needs upgrading along with the OL and WR.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
a qb upgrade is a top priority, if for no other reason than we should cut both jay and brian to save money, so we could upgrade the O-Line as well

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes let sign Manning and put him behind this OL.Let see how long Manning will be starting and watching Ray Lucas back him up(Imagine that!)..:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes let sign Manning and put him behind this OL.Let see how long Manning will be starting and watching Ray Lucas back him up(Imagine that!)..:lol:

Is there a point to your post?

Let's talk about Jay Fiedlers play when he had a good OL.
This year is the only year the OL has been a negative.

Regardless, next year the Fiedler flock can post how great he is on another teams board. HOORAH!

I am not a Griese fan but he is a pocket passer and he is a pretty good passer in some of his games he threw prettier balls than Fiedler. He might would be better with a line. He just stands there like a lame duck if he could just learn to move around some and quit fumbling. When Denver had the best line he went to the Pro Bowl.
Mixed feeling about Griese I am just tired of Fiedler.

Example: Today's game Manning had all day to throw. Trent did'nt all the time but made good decisions.

jay won't be cut, he will agree to a pay cut. In exchange he will be allowed to compete against whomever our GM brings next year for the starting job for incentive Money.

Feilder will be here next year. Combine that with Wanny as the head coach and its easy to see that Jay has another good shot at starting for the Fins next year...

--Ross

please everyone get off MB nuts. he's to old and was BENCHED after they saw Leftwhich play (when mb got hurt, and in BL first game he had 425 yards and 2 TD).

Oh lovely and I supposed the God Phillip Rivers is ready to lead us to the SB. Del Rio wanted the future QB playing and that was his chance. Brunell outplayed Leftwich.

He is 33 turning 34. Bucs won the SB with a 35 year old QB what's your point?

Originally posted by Jaj
Oh lovely and I supposed the God Phillip Rivers is ready to lead us to the SB. Del Rio wanted the future QB playing and that was his chance. Brunell outplayed Leftwich.

he wanted to get on with the future after he saw MB play! his first game he threw 2 TD and had 133 rating. he looked very sharp (against a what was once bad carolina secondary).

then indy and buffalo ate him alive. he barley had 100 yards average passing. when indy holds you to 90 yards passing something is WRONG.

who cares how old Johnson was? he's been able to stay healthy, while MB is constantly banged up and injured.

Leftwhich in his FIRST start threw up 425 yards (against the texans secondary which is made up of 2 VERY good corners) and 2 TD. why would you put brunell back in ever? MB sucks, nuff said.

i would rather start sage this season (which i hope DOESN'T happen).

Manning
Kitna
Couch
Fiedler
Griese
Holcomb

are all players i would try to get before Brunell even entered my mind.

Then you are simply being ignorant. Consider that Jimmy Smith was out when Brunell played as well. No Johnson does not stay that healthy he has back problems. MB plays in pain as well just as Johnson. You got something against Brunell if you would rather start half of the QBs on that list.

Originally posted by Jaj
Then you are simply being ignorant. Consider that Jimmy Smith was out when Brunell played as well. No Johnson does not stay that healthy he has back problems. MB plays in pain as well just as Johnson. You got something against Brunell if you would rather start half of the QBs on that list.

in leftwich's first game there wa no jimmy smith either. i'm well aware of the situation.

something against him? yeah, he's not that impressive. he didn't play good this season, he's injury prone, and isn't an upgrade.

Kitna for sure. I think he's better than griese, but brunell isn't the fleetest of foot. You can't count on him being able to escape a bunch of hits behind a suspect line as ours'. If we get another QB, he has to able to really move.

Back
Top Bottom