Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Chris Chambers

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the tie breaker rules:

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

1. Not applicable
2. Both 9-2
3. Both teams played Den, Tenn, Cincy, & Buf. Indy was 4-1, Balt was 3-2.

Indy would have finished 13-3 with a better record against common opponents.

If you are going to make things up, at least check your facts.

I was mistaken on that, it happens from time to time, that still has no bearing on NE vs. Miami.

So you don't think games are bigger in December than they are in September or october? That explains alot.

It certainly does explain a lot, about your line of reasoning. If a team falls one win short of making the playoffs, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN THEY LOST. Perhaps you are confusing the NFL with college football.

the 2nd game was MEANINGLESS for NE, that was why you won. if it means something NE always wins.

Now you're back to claiming division games are meaningless? WTF?

One final time.....

Week 14 LAST SEASON. If NE wins that game, they get home field against the Colts in the playoffs. It doesn't get any more meaningful than that. Face it, your arguments have been blown out of the water. The reason you look silly in these debates is simple, you attempt to take ridiculous positions. Keep trying to argue for absolutes and it is easy to shoot holes in your arguments.

I'm done debating with you. It's not possible to have a rational debate with someone who makes up information, and switches his arguments back and forth. Your basic approach to this argument is - If Miami won the first meeting, the game was meaningless (or not meaningless, but yes meaningless, no, just not meaningful, or ....). If Miami won the second meeting, NE must not have needed the game and is therefore meaningless (even if the standings PROVE otherwise).

You seem to approach every argument the same way, formulate an invented "absolute truth" (in this case, NE always wins the meaningful game), and then ignore reality in an attempt to rationalize the invented truth. Nice.

I was mistaken on that, it happens from time to time, that still has no bearing on NE vs. Miami.

You're correct. The importance of the NE vs. Miami game remains. If NE wins that game, they get the home field vs Indy in the playoffs. Clearly a MEANINGFUL game.

It certainly does explain a lot, about your line of reasoning. If a team falls one win short of making the playoffs, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN THEY LOST. Perhaps you are confusing the NFL with college football.

did you ever hear of pressure? the games have more pressure late in the year when you need a win to get in or to stay in the race. Playing in Sept/Oct is completely different than December.

Now you're back to claiming division games are meaningless? WTF?

How was that not meaningless? NE had the div wrapped up!!!!! yes div games can be meaningless, we went 4-12 in 2005 and after about 3-4 games the rest of our games were meaningless as we were done. Why is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

Week 14 LAST SEASON. If NE wins that game, they get home field against the Colts in the playoffs. It doesn't get any more meaningful than that. Face it, your arguments have been blown out of the water. The reason you look silly in these debates is simple, you attempt to take ridiculous positions. Keep trying to argue for absolutes and it is easy to shoot holes in your arguments.

I hate to break this to you but teams don't look at playing another WC RD team in the AFC Title Game. the last thing on NE's minds was getting homefield over Indy in the AFC title Game. the likelihood of those 2 meeting considering they hosted WC games was very slim.

I'm done debating with you. It's not possible to have a rational debate with someone who makes up information, and switches his arguments back and forth. Your basic approach to this argument is - If Miami won the first meeting, the game was meaningless (or not meaningless, but yes meaningless, no, just not meaningful, or ....). If Miami won the second meeting, NE must not have needed the game and is therefore meaningless (even if the standings PROVE otherwise).

your done b/c you got ONE point over on me b/c I screwed up on the seeding if ndy had won. That's it, everything else I have destroyed your weak arguments. You are angry b/c Miami's "biggest wins" over the past 5 years have beeen meaningless games for your opponents. once again I gave Miami credit for beating NE b/c ein meaningless games we coulsdn't beat them BUT the facts are NE took breather against you just like Miami used to do in the early-mid 90s when they were good and played bad Jets teams.

You seem to approach every argument the same way, formulate an invented "absolute truth" (in this case, NE always wins the meaningful game), and then ignore reality in an attempt to rationalize the invented truth. Nice.

Every time you have met where there has been something on the line NE has won, that's a fact.

You're correct. The importance of the NE vs. Miami game remains. If NE wins that game, they get the home field vs Indy in the playoffs. Clearly a MEANINGFUL game.

Yep, Ne was clearly thinking "we need homefield when we play Indy in the title game":lol: All they both had to do was win 2 games and it was done, it was pre-determin that the 2 WC winners would meet in the title game b/c hat happens so often- oh wait it has NEVER happened before.. last year was the first time since they developd the 2 WC game in each onf system in 1990 that 2 teams met after winning games in the WC rd.

At some point common sense has to come into play and you have to realize these are humans and not robots playing these games.

I'd expect votes to go to taylor but to be even close to even? I wouldn't expect that and I would be embarrassed if that's how it played out.

Even if a poll existed on ESPN or whatever it would still be biased. Their SportsNation polls reflect that.

Who'll win the Eastern Conference? A shock, like 90% of the people in and around Michigan say Detroit.

Brady has been the best offensive player and JT the best defensive.

did you ever hear of pressure? the games have more pressure late in the year when you need a win to get in or to stay in the race. Playing in Sept/Oct is completely different than December.

December 10, 2006

How was that not meaningless? NE had the div wrapped up!!!!!

And nothing other than the division standings matter for seeding in the NFL playoffs right? Um, wrong.

I hate to break this to you but teams don't look at playing another WC RD team in the AFC Title Game. the last thing on NE's minds was getting homefield over Indy in the AFC title Game. the likelihood of those 2 meeting considering they hosted WC games was very slim.

But they do look ahead and decide that games aren't important? :sidelol:

Every time you have met where there has been something on the line NE has won, that's a fact.

Or it's made up BS.....

Yep, Ne was clearly thinking "we need homefield when we play Indy in the title game":lol: All they both had to do was win 2 games and it was done, it was pre-determin that the 2 WC winners would meet in the title game b/c hat happens so often- oh wait it has NEVER happened before.. last year was the first time since they developd the 2 WC game in each onf system in 1990 that 2 teams met after winning games in the WC rd.

At some point common sense has to come into play and you have to realize these are humans and not robots playing these games.

Or maybe, just maybe, NE is thinking - we're in a tight playoff race with Indy and Baltimore. Perhaps we should try to win every game.... nah, clearly they just tanked on purpose...... yeah, right...... Get a clue.

I hope the phin linebackers can get away from their walkers long enough to play a full quarter this year. Maybe miami will start selling Depends, and offer free wheele chair rides to fans in honor of their old timers.
The average age of the dolphins starting LBs is just under 29. The average age of the jets LBs is just over 27. So considering their is less than two years difference between the two you guys better get real buisy in the draft or by the end of this year your guys are going to having to buy some wheel chairs yourselves.

December 10, 2006

The 5-7 dolphins out of the playoff race faced the team that had the div wrapped up, what is your point?

And nothing other than the division standings matter for seeding in the NFL playoffs right? Um, wrong.

you mae a big deal about division games not being meaningless, it doesn't matter who NE is playing if they are fighting for a seed.

But they do look ahead and decide that games aren't important?

I think it's natural to do so. I don't think Ne has ever worried about homefield, they know they can beat any team anywhere. They choked in the 2nd half vs. Indy but I bet they still don't have any problems going to Indy to try to win. I don't think they hae ever worried about homefield.

Or maybe, just maybe, NE is thinking - we're in a tight playoff race with Indy and Baltimore. Perhaps we should try to win every game.... nah, clearly they just tanked on purpose...... yeah, right...... Get a clue.

yep, they prepared at their top level and played their best but just couldn't do anything against the mighty 6-10 dophins.

The 5-7 dolphins out of the playoff race faced the team that had the div wrapped up, what is your point?

you mae a big deal about division games not being meaningless, it doesn't matter who NE is playing if they are fighting for a seed.

I think it's natural to do so. I don't think Ne has ever worried about homefield, they know they can beat any team anywhere. They choked in the 2nd half vs. Indy but I bet they still don't have any problems going to Indy to try to win. I don't think they hae ever worried about homefield.

yep, they prepared at their top level and played their best but just couldn't do anything against the mighty 6-10 dophins.

:yap:

That statement is complete crap junc....why any team ever want TRAVEL if they dont have to...homefield advantage is about a lot more than being a good away team...revenue and staying in your friendly confines to play for your home Fans has a lot of appeal in and of itself...No one said the Pats where "worried" about road games...but to say the pats dont play for homefield is borderline stupid.

That statement is complete crap junc....why any team ever want TRAVEL if they dont have to...homefield advantage is about a lot more than being a good away team...revenue and staying in your friendly confines to play for your home Fans has a lot of appeal in and of itself...No one said the Pats where "worried" about road games...but to say the pats dont play for homefield is borderline stupid.

I like his "logic". They "know" they can beat any team anywhere, yet the first time in recent years that they have to play Indy on the road in the playoffs, THEY LOSE. This guy is unbelievable.....

Every team would rather play at home but some teams don't care where they play. NE knew and knowsw they can beat any team in any Stadium. Mentally that plays into it. you guys keep living in la la land and thinking you got Ne's best shot for those games. I don't really care if you go along w/ what I say.

I like his "logic". They "know" they can beat any team anywhere, yet the first time in recent years that they have to play Indy on the road in the playoffs, THEY LOSE. This guy is unbelievable.....

After beating a 14-2 team on the road that was unbeaten at home then leading leading 21-3. yeah Ne was cared to play on the road and they didn't have a track record of wining big games on the road.:rolleyes2 at some point you have to use common sense.

Every team would rather play at home but some teams don't care where they play. NE knew and knowsw they can beat any team in any Stadium. Mentally that plays into it. you guys keep living in la la land and thinking you got Ne's best shot for those games. I don't really care if you go along w/ what I say.

After beating a 14-2 team on the road that was unbeaten at home then leading leading 21-3. yeah Ne was cared to play on the road and they didn't have a track record of wining big games on the road.:rolleyes2 at some point you have to use common sense.

:sidelol:

After beating a 14-2 team on the road that was unbeaten at home then leading leading 21-3. (THEY STILL LOST DUDE)yeah Ne was cared to play on the road and they didn't have a track record of wining big games on the road.:rolleyes2 at some point you have to use common sense.
This is actually getting to be kinda fun :D blowing huge holes in your desperate arguements....hmmmm lets see the mighty patriots (and Im not being sarcastic) had NEVER lost a playoff game 12-0 in the playoffs and the superbowl until 2005 when what happened ?? OMG! Champ Bailey stole Toms mojo in the friendly confines of the Denver Donkeys HOME stadium and the next year 2006 OMG! the other Donkeys stole his mojo in the friendly confines of the RCA DOME and yet you in your Boundless wisdom think that Bill bellicheck and crew just decided to "pass" on trying to get it played in THEIR house where they are OMG! undefeated...please go on junc enlighten me some more about "how things work" in Patriot land.

whats even more funny is how you keep backpedaling..."well the game had no bearing on seeding so they didnt play hard" to "well the patriots are a good road team and they dont care if they play on the road so they didnt play hard" its hysterical.

Back
Top Bottom