Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Chris Chambers

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
So I'll take this response as a refusal to back up your claims about knowing the mental state of the Patriots leading up to any games against the Fins. Just as I thought.

Stop being so naive, the players are human. it's almost impossible to stay completely focused and play your best for 6 games which is why no team has ever gone 16-0. I understand though that you have to rationalize the wins b/c that has been one of the very few bright spots Miami has had in reent years.

How long have you watched the NFL? when a team knows they have virtually no shot it takes pressure off b/c they know that everything has to break perfectly. Miami would have needed about 5-6 teams to keep losing in order to make it and that is asssuming they beat Buf and won their last 2 when in fact they wound up losing their lst 3- they were never really in the race.

You have some odd opinions about what NFL players think. I hate to break this to you, but they don't think like fans. IMO, they are focused on the next game. Until someone tells them, that they are mathmatically eliminated, they want to win the next game. And, if they are at all professional, even after that they want to win the next game.

Stop being so naive, the players are human. it's almost impossible to stay completely focused and play your best for 6 games which is why no team has ever gone 16-0. I understand though that you have to rationalize the wins b/c that has been one of the very few bright spots Miami has had in reent years.

Give up? Not even an attempt to back up your claims? No obscure nonsense? Nothing? How disappointing. Perhaps you should stop making rationalizations that you cannot back up.

You have some odd opinions about what NFL players think. I hate to break this to you, but they don't think like fans. IMO, they are focused on the next game. Until someone tells them, that they are mathmatically eliminated, they want to win the next game. And, if they are at all professional, even after that they want to win the next game.

They want to win every game but when you are truly in a race there is pressure, once you are all but done or done the pressure is gone. we went through the same thing in 1999. we had a terrible start(1-6) then got back to respectability but lost a close one at Indy that effetively eliminated us, the team quit the next week and came back and won their final 4 to finish just a game out of the final playoff spot but they weren't truly in the race the last few weeks.

Give up? Not even an attempt to back up your claims? No obscure nonsense? Nothing? How disappointing. Perhaps you should stop making rationalizations that you cannot back up.

What do you want? quotes from the Pats players? again, how long have you been watching the NFL? to anyone who has watched more than a decade it's obvious what was going on.

What do you want? quotes from the Pats players?

Yes. Preferrably before the game, not excuses after the game. I'll need them for each Dolphin victory that you are using that excuse for.

again, how long have you been watching the NFL? to anyone who has watched more than a decade it's obvious what was going on.

Then how do you explain when teams come back and make the playoffs? How about Indy in 2000? They lose to the Jets in week 14. They are seemlingly out of the playoffs, because they are 2 back with just three games to go. They go on to win their last 3 and the Jets lose their last 3. Indy makes the playoffs.

Clearly it's possible for teams to take games lightly, but it also doesn't happen very often. It certainly hasn't happened EVERY time the Fins have beaten the Pats.

I'd have to say the best player at their position is Jason Taylor, the player who I would most want on my team is Tom Brady. Jon Vilma gets an honorable mention.

Yes. Preferrably before the game, not excuses after the game. I'll need them for each Dolphin victory that you are using that excuse for.

Then how do you explain when teams come back and make the playoffs? How about Indy in 2000? They lose to the Jets in week 14. They are seemlingly out of the playoffs, because they are 2 back with just three games to go. They go on to win their last 3 and the Jets lose their last 3. Indy makes the playoffs.

Clearly it's possible for teams to take games lightly, but it also doesn't happen very often. It certainly hasn't happened EVERY time the Fins have beaten the Pats.

Again, I gove cedit to miami for playing NE the toughest int he div but whenever NE truly needs it they beat you.

Indy in '00 was 2 out w/ 3 to ply but they neded to climb past 1 tem not 4-5 teams and a wek later they were just a ame back and the Jets had a very difficult final 3 weeks.

Definately JT...who else is double teamed on every play and still beats it!!! Tom Brady has the best supporting cast, but best player, absolutely not!!! Richard Seymour is the best player on that team!

It's funny how Phin fans change their story every other day. What "supporting cast" did Brady have around him when the PAtriots won the Super Bowl in 01"????????? Please Brady is great with nothing around him, and even better when he actually has talent around him. :rolleyes2

It's funny how Phin fans change their story every other day. What "supporting cast" did Brady have around him when the PAtriots won the Super Bowl in 01"????????? Please Brady is great with nothing around him, and even better when he actually has talent around him. :rolleyes2

Dolphin fans used to always claim how much more talent they had than the Patriots back in 01,02, and 03. Funny how the Pats always had more wins and now when its time to give Tom Brady his due they resort to "HE HAD A GREAT SUPPORTING CAST."

Give it up you cant win haha...even tho NE needed that game to stay on pace with Pitt even tho they left Tom Brady in running a 5 wide 2 minute drill only to get smacked to hell by the Miami passrush for last 6 minutes of the game...NE just tanked it like junc said. I had this exact debate with him 2 years ago made the same points and yet here we are...amazing.

Give it up you cant win haha...even tho NE needed that game to stay on pace with Pitt even tho they left Tom Brady in running a 5 wide 2 minute drill only to get smacked to hell by the Miami passrush for last 6 minutes of the game...NE just tanked it like junc said. I had this exact debate with him 2 years ago made the same points and yet here we are...amazing.

if NE beats Miami that night they get the 2 seed, they didn't need that game and clearly were sleep walking through it.

I understand there hasn't been much to get exited about in Miami so you have to make that game bigger than it was but th reality is it was a meaningless game for both sides.

if NE beats Miami that night they get the 2 seed, they didn't need that game and clearly were sleep walking through it.

You can only make that statement in hindsight. You do realize that NE does not have a crystal ball right? If it was a forgone conclusion, why didn't NE rest its starters? You actually want to claim that NE left Tom Brady in a game they weren't trying to win to get slapped around by Jason Taylor? Not only was Brady in the game, but they were THROWING the ball with a lead and two minutes to go in the game. Dillon had 121 yards rushing in the game. If NE didn't care about the game, why did Brady drop back to pass on 4 of the last 5 plays? He got thrown around like a rag doll.

You damage your own credibility with such irrational points.

You can only make that statement in hindsight. You do realize that NE does not have a crystal ball right? If it was a forgone conclusion, why didn't NE rest its starters? You actually want to claim that NE left Tom Brady in a game they weren't trying to win to get slapped around by Jason Taylor? Not only was Brady in the game, but they were THROWING the ball with a lead and two minutes to go in the game. Dillon had 121 yards rushing in the game. If NE didn't care about the game, why did Brady drop back to pass on 4 of the last 5 plays? He got thrown around like a rag doll.

You damage your own credibility with such irrational points.
Exactly there where THREE games left to play with NE chasing Pitt down by 1 game...Of course teams give up three games out when trying for homefield throughout...its so obvious they didnt tank that game.. NE was more than alive for that homefield until AFTER the game...but alas its pointless to debate with junc.

Back
Top Bottom