Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Chris Chambers

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Jefferson and Allen yes. They gutted that backfield IIRC. They let some lineman go as I recall. One of them (Heath Irwin) was a pretty big bust in Miami thereafter. I think cutting Ben Coates was the biggest move. I guess I remember it being a much bigger blood-letting than it really was.

There wasn't alot of cuts, they released some older guys who couldn't play anymore which every new staff does.

To build on your point, the Patriots haven't beaten us when it matters since 2003. We've won the second meeting three straight years.

Anytime the game has actually meant something the Pats have won. The '01 2nd game, the '02 finale, both '03 games. When it matters they beat you. When it matters they beat just about every team and yes you have had the most success against them but all of your wins have come in completely meaningless games.

Anytime the game has actually meant something the Pats have won. The '01 2nd game, the '02 finale, both '03 games. When it matters they beat you. When it matters they beat just about every team and yes you have had the most success against them but all of your wins have come in completely meaningless games.

In 2001, the Fins beat the Pats in week 4. How is a division game in week 4 meaningless?

In 2002, the Fins beat the Pats in week 5. How is a division game in week 5 meaningless?

Since when does home field advantage not meaning anything in the NFL? In 2004, the Fins came back in the final 4 minutes to beat the Patriots. The Pats were fighting with the Steelers for home field advantage. The game was extremely important to the Patriots.

Last season, the Fins beat the Patriots in week 14. Once again the Pats were fighting for home field advantage. Definitely not a meaningless game.

What you really meant to say is the ONE of your wins against the Patriots came when the Patriots did field their starters the whole game.

The Patriots won the second meeting several of the years that we split, BUT that has more to do with the second meeting being in New England than anything else. If you really looked at the results, you'd realize that the home team has won the vast majority of the games in this series since 2001. The home team has won 9 out of 12 meetings since 2001.

In 2001, the Fins beat the Pats in week 4. How is a division game in week 4 meaningless?

In 2002, the Fins beat the Pats in week 5. How is a division game in week 5 meaningless?

Since when does home field advantage not meaning anything in the NFL? In 2004, the Fins came back in the final 4 minutes to beat the Patriots. The Pats were fighting with the Steelers for home field advantage. The game was extremely important to the Patriots.

Last season, the Fins beat the Patriots in week 14. Once again the Pats were fighting for home field advantage. Definitely not a meaningless game.

What you really meant to say is the ONE of your wins against the Patriots came when the Patriots did field their starters the whole game.

The Patriots won the second meeting several of the years that we split, BUT that has more to do with the second meeting being in New England than anything else. If you really looked at the results, you'd realize that the home team has won the vast majority of the games in this series since 2001. The home team has won 9 out of 12 meetings since 2001.

Great post FininBuffalo. To say these games are meaningless is just ridiculous. Tell me that game in 2004 didn't mean anything to intereim coach Jim Bates and his team. Also that game in week 14 last year kept the Dolphins playoff hopes alive. If not for a complete meltdown in Buffalo the following week, we would've been playing for playoffs on Christmas night against the Jets.

clear.gif
...Yeah, that was a meaningless game alright.

have you ever notcied that games in december are generally bigger and more pressure filled than games in Sept and october? In '01 it was Brady's 2nd start but when the div was on the line in dec who won? in '02 NE was in the middle of an earl 4 game losing streak but when the game possibly eant the div for NE and did mean the div for Miami who won? oticing a theme here?

if NE beats Miami that night they still get the #2 seed, they already lost at Pitt and homefield was going to be near impossible to get and as it turned out even if the won that game they wouldn't have gotten homefield.

The Pats were fighting for homefield when you beat them last year? you hada better argument w/ '04 even though that was basically out of reach. If NE wins that game they still needed Bal to lose another, indy to lose nother and SD to lose 2 more in order to get homefield. They needed indy and Balto lose another game each to get a 1st rd bye. They were secured into the 4th seed by that time.

Great post FininBuffalo. To say these games are meaningless is just ridiculous. Tell me that game in 2004 didn't mean anything to intereim coach Jim Bates and his team. Also that game in week 14 last year kept the Dolphins playoff hopes alive. If not for a complete meltdown in Buffalo the following week, we would've been playing for playoffs on Christmas night against the Jets.

http://www.orangemane.com/uploads/2004-12-21-bates-in.jpg...Yeah, that was a meaningless game alright.

You won 4 games in 2004, how meaningful was it? Did Bates get the full time job? How meaningful was it?

You were NOT in the race at all last year, even if you beat Buf and us you STILL would have bene behind us based on better conf record. You finished 6-10 and 3 games out of the playoffs, you didn't finish a game or 2 out.

have you ever notcied that games in december are generally bigger and more pressure filled than games in Sept and october? In '01 it was Brady's 2nd start but when the div was on the line in dec who won? in '02 NE was in the middle of an earl 4 game losing streak but when the game possibly eant the div for NE and did mean the div for Miami who won? oticing a theme here?

Are you really dense or do you just pretend to be so that you can keep trying to make the same lame points over and over and over again?

THE ROAD TEAM HAS DOMINATED THE SERIES SINCE 2001. Why do you ignore the obvious?

if NE beats Miami that night they still get the #2 seed, they already lost at Pitt and homefield was going to be near impossible to get and as it turned out even if the won that game they wouldn't have gotten homefield.

It wasn't over yet. Clearly NE was still trying for home field. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

The Pats were fighting for homefield when you beat them last year? you hada better argument w/ '04 even though that was basically out of reach. If NE wins that game they still needed Bal to lose another, indy to lose nother and SD to lose 2 more in order to get homefield. They needed indy and Balto lose another game each to get a 1st rd bye. They were secured into the 4th seed by that time.

Going into the 14th week, there were still 4 games to play. NE had 3 losses, Balt. had 3 losses, SD had 2 losses, Indy had 2 losses (and lost in week 14). If NE beats the Fins, they have the same record as Indy and Balt and are just one game back of SD with 3 games remaining. How is the race anywhere near over? Clearly you will claim anything in an attempt to make a point.

Posters like you that post utter nonsense and make crap up should be banned.

You were NOT in the race at all last year, even if you beat Buf and us you STILL would have bene behind us based on better conf record. You finished 6-10 and 3 games out of the playoffs, you didn't finish a game or 2 out.

The Fins were 6-7 and the Jets were 7-6. How is one game back with three to play, not in the race. Clearly the Jets had the advantage, but that only made the game against NE more pressure filled. It was a must win for the Fins. What was that you said about game being more pressure filled late in the season? Did you notice that game was in Miami. That has been an extremely unusual occurance in the last 7 seasons. The Fins have played the Pats on the road in December 5 out of the last 7 seasons. THAT is the pattern you should be noticing.

Are you really dense or do you just pretend to be so that you can keep trying to make the same lame points over and over and over again?

THE ROAD TEAM HAS DOMINATED THE SERIES SINCE 2001. Why do you ignore the obvious?

When NE needs the game they get the win, it's as simple as that. It happens that just about every year the 2nd game is in NE but they would beat you anyway if the 2nd game was in Miami.

It wasn't over yet. Clearly NE was still trying for home field. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

clearly NE was coasting against a bad team, that game woke them up and they wouldn't play a close game again until the SB.

Going into the 14th week, there were still 4 games to play. NE had 3 losses, Balt. had 3 losses, SD had 2 losses, Indy had 2 losses (and lost in week 14). If NE beats the Fins, they have the same record as Indy and Balt and are just one game back of SD with 3 games remaining. How is the race anywhere near over? Clearly you will claim anything in an attempt to make a point.

heading into week 14 SD and Indy had 2 losses, NE and Bal 3 losses. if they won that game and finished 13-3 they still needed SD to lose 2 and Indy to lose 2 to get a bye and they needed bal to lose 1. That's alot to ask. To ask the 3 best teams in football to lose a total of 5 games in the final 4 weeks. The race was all but over.

Posters like you that post utter nonsense and make crap up should be banned.

Where have I made anything up? AS USUAL I have roasted your weak arguments and as usualyou try to deflect. In the pat wek you have argued meaningless fantasy #s over wins an losses, I have showed you how daunte choked in big games and hurt his Ds and you have ignored that, I have showed you that Miami only has beaten NE in meaningless games and despit evidence to support my argument you ignore it and tell me how needing 3 teams to lose 5 games that NE was still in it for #1 seed. Just read the nonsense you write, they are all excuses to help your weak arguments then as you always do you qwill deflec and go on a rant about me. it's

When NE needs the game they get the win, it's as simple as that. It happens that just about every year the 2nd game is in NE but they would beat you anyway if the 2nd game was in Miami.

Well the Fins are 2 for 2 in that department in the last decade. The Pats haven't beat the Fins in Miami in December since 1997.

clearly NE was coasting against a bad team, that game woke them up and they wouldn't play a close game again until the SB.

Clearly you are making excuses. Games against divisional opponents are never taken lightly.

Where have I made anything up?

I have showed you that Miami only has beaten NE in meaningless games and despit evidence to support my argument you ignore it and tell me how needing 3 teams to lose 5 games that NE was still in it for #1 seed.

You haven't showed jack.

All you do is make crap up and then repeat it endlessly. As long as you think you get to define reality, you can never lose a debate. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. I'm not making anything up. I'm merely reporting the FACTS about when the Fins beat the Patriots. YOU are the one rationalizing WHY the victories occurred. That is what you are making up. When the Fins win the first meeting, you claim it is meaningless game early in the season (there are no meaningless games in an NFL schedule). When the Fins win the second game, you claim that the game was also meaningless. How is that not making things up. If you get to define every Dolphin victory as meaningless based on whatever criteria you wish to imagine, I guess you can't lose a debate. It's a shame that you can't just debate based on what actually happened though.

You have no insight into the mindset of the Patriots leading up to any of those games. None whatsoever. Yet you continue to make up rationalizations over and over again. Show me one bit if evidence that the Patriots thought any of those games were meaningless.

The Fins were 6-7 and the Jets were 7-6. How is one game back with three to play, not in the race. Clearly the Jets had the advantage, but that only made the game against NE more pressure filled. It was a must win for the Fins. What was that you said about game being more pressure filled late in the season? Did you notice that game was in Miami. That has been an extremely unusual occurance in the last 7 seasons. The Fins have played the Pats on the road in December 5 out of the last 7 seasons. THAT is the pattern you should be noticing.

The jets weren't in the lead for the playoffs hen we were 7-6 so you were 2 gamesback and needed to jump about 4 teams to get into playoff position and that was IF you beat buf which of course you didn't and then you went on to lose your final 2 games anyway so please explain how you were ever seriously in the race?

The chances of you guys making the playoffs aftre that loss to jax were extremely slim, the pressure was off. The pressure was on in the jax game b/c if you won that then you get back to .500 and are right there but that loss killed you and the pressure of an actual playoff race was off and Ne had little presssure as well as they would have needed alot of help to gain a 2 seed. It had everything to do w/ pressure of the season and little to do w/ where the game was played.

The jets weren't in the lead for the playoffs hen we were 7-6 so you were 2 gamesback and needed to jump about 4 teams to get into playoff position and that was IF you beat buf which of course you didn't and then you went on to lose your final 2 games anyway so please explain how you were ever seriously in the race?

The chances of you guys making the playoffs aftre that loss to jax were extremely slim, the pressure was off. The pressure was on in the jax game b/c if you won that then you get back to .500 and are right there but that loss killed you and the pressure of an actual playoff race was off and Ne had little presssure as well as they would have needed alot of help to gain a 2 seed. It had everything to do w/ pressure of the season and little to do w/ where the game was played.

Slim playoff chances takes pressure off? WTF? Doesn't that make the pressure greater. Doesn't needing to win all of your remaining games make each game more pressure filled? This is the type of response from you that I'm talking about. Total rationalization.

Clearly you are making excuses. Games against divisional opponents are never taken lightly.

Miami had 3 wins at the time, if you don't think they thought that game was over late and coasted then you are fooling yourself. i give Miami credit, in a lost season they showed alot of heart(for a change) in coming back but it was still meaningless for NE.

You haven't showed jack.

All you do is make crap up and then repeat it endlessly. As long as you think you get to define reality, you can never lose a debate. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. I'm not making anything up. I'm merely reporting the FACTS about when the Fins beat the Patriots.

Come back to reality, a win isn't always black and white. Look at the circumstances around those games, the facts are they were meaningless for NE but you ignore those.

YOU are the one rationalizing WHY the victories occurred. That is what you are making up.

That's not making anything up, those games were meaningless for NE. I know you haven't had alot of succes this decade and need to rationalize any supposed big wins you have but the facts are those games were meaningless.

When the Fins win the first meeting, you claim it is meaningless game early in the season (there are no meaningless games in an NFL schedule).

Yes there are meaningless games and the games Miami won early in '01 and '02 were not meaningless(when talking about meaningless I was referrring more to the last 3 years) but they were not pressure filled games while the 2nd meeting in those years were. the div title was on the line both times and NE won.

You have no insight into the mindset of the Patriots leading up to any of those games. None whatsoever. Yet you continue to make up rationalizations over and over again. Show me one bit if evidence that the Patriots thought any of those games were meaningless.

The fact that they won a SB in 2004 proved the '04 game was maningless, the '05 game didn't affect seeding in any way so obviously that was meaningless and last year they amde the AFC title Game so it didn't affect them. Miami does play them better than any AFC east team- that is a fact BUT it's also a fact that NE wins any game it really wants to against their dv rivals. Look at us last year, we beat them at NE but NE comes back and beats us in the playffs.

The fact that they won a SB in 2004 proved the '04 game was maningless, the '05 game didn't affect seeding in any way so obviously that was meaningless and last year they amde the AFC title Game so it didn't affect them. Miami does play them better than any AFC east team- that is a fact BUT it's also a fact that NE wins any game it really wants to against their dv rivals. Look at us last year, we beat them at NE but NE comes back and beats us in the playffs.

So I'll take this response as a refusal to back up your claims about knowing the mental state of the Patriots leading up to any games against the Fins. Just as I thought.

Slim playoff chances takes pressure off? WTF? Doesn't that make the pressure greater. Doesn't needing to win all of your remaining games make each game more pressure filled? This is the type of response from you that I'm talking about. Total rationalization.

How long have you watched the NFL? when a team knows they have virtually no shot it takes pressure off b/c they know that everything has to break perfectly. Miami would have needed about 5-6 teams to keep losing in order to make it and that is asssuming they beat Buf and won their last 2 when in fact they wound up losing their lst 3- they were never really in the race.

Back
Top Bottom