Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Chris Chambers

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
As much as it hurts to admit, the best player in the AFC East is Tom Brady and it's not even close. Hell in the entire AFC his only competition is Peyton Manning(w/ LT being a close 3rd), and I'm sure that would split 50/50 if you polled all of the teams. All the more motivation for us to do well this year.

Did he leave out Coles? I think he did.
Coles is one of the best in the division, I'd say better than Stallworth for sure. Thomas Jones is kind of uncertain at this point. Yeah, he did great with Chicago the last two years but before that showed close to nothing. We'll see how he does in a new town.

Coles and Cotchery have been better than Moss and Stallworth but obviusly neither is close to Moss at his peak but those days are long gone and he as to prove himself again.

Last time I checked a Superbowl ring is a team award!! How many MVP's does Tom Brady have?

He has 2 SUPER BOWL MVPs which mean more than a reg season MVP w/ no postseason.

Not being a homer at all. JT is a force to deal with.

I honestly believe that if Brady were to retire, Belichik (sp.?) would still find a way to have a winning team. I believe coaching is a huge reason why the Patriots are winners. Much more of a reason than Brady himself.

Another thing. People like to dog out the guys around him, but his passing stats would be much different if he had some of the crap receivers (who can't catch a cold) that I've seen us put on the field over the years. Someone has had to catch those passes he's thrown.

Just remember belichick was a failure in Cleveland and in year one w/ the Pats w/o Brady h led NE to a 5-11 record then in year 2 he started out 0-2 w/o Brady and hre were rumblings of belichick getting fired. Then Brady steps into the lineup and all of a sudden NE takes off and never looks back- it wasn't a coincidence.

Cleveland was how many years ago ? We tend to learn as we go. I'd be willing to bet that he learned to be a better coach over the years. Also, I do recall Cleveland fielding at least one good pretty good team while he was there. (I believe Saban was there at the time too.) What proof do we have that Bledsoe couldn't have done won a SuperBowl in New England. ? It's all just a guessing game. Brady is good. I'm not going to take that one from him. He's better than Bledsoe. I'll give you that one. BUT he is not the only reason they've won SuperBowls. Anyone who understands the true meaning of teamwork, should find it easy to understand this.

What proof? they were 5-11 w/ Bledsoe in 2000 and started 0-2 w/ him in 2001.

Obviously, it is Brady followed by Taylor. However, this year a new leader will emerge: Jason Peters, LT, Buffalo Bills. An UDFA TE from Arkansas who has a blocked punt for a td and 1 td catch. He will be starting his second full season as a LT and will be a top 5 LT for many years (trust me). And if you need any proof, please ask Jason Taylor. The man is a beast. :ninja:

Only a Phin homer could put Chambers and Brown on that list. Gimme a break.

Brady hands down.

I hope the phin linebackers can get away from their walkers long enough to play a full quarter this year. Maybe miami will start selling Depends, and offer free wheele chair rides to fans in honor of their old timers.

I hope the phin linebackers can get away from their walkers long enough to play a full quarter this year. Maybe miami will start selling Depends, and offer free wheele chair rides to fans in honor of their old timers.
24 30 34 88/3.. what 29 years of average age OMFG your right they are geezers :rolleyes2

How do you chose ?

OK, here's how you figure out whether Taylor or Brady is the better pick.

If you could have either Brady or Taylor with the rest of the team the same for this year, with which one do you think the team will win the most games ?

Interesting, huh.

Only a Phin homer could put Chambers and Brown on that list. Gimme a break.

Brady hands down.

Gotta agree with that.

It's Brady, hands down.

Hall of Fame quarterbacks don't grow on trees. And this one is in his prime.

What proof? they were 5-11 w/ Bledsoe in 2000 and started 0-2 w/ him in 2001.

Belichick came in and dumped a lot of the high priced vets in 2000. He was rebuilding that team. I think he kind of expected to be bad.

There were rumblings following that 2000 season. His assistants reportedly hated him. It definitely wasn't puppy dogs and hummingbirds.

Brady coming in......his impact cannot be underestimated.

He didn't look like a superstar that first year. I remember seeing him and the Pats getting pummeled in Miami that year. I think it was his second start. Even as they were down big in the 4th and backed up against their own goalline, Brady was the general out there. He was calming his guys down and asserting control at the line of scrimmage. I didn't know he'd be great. But in those particular seconds of a dominating defeat, you could see he had that quality about him. I'll never forget that that moment. And he was clutch as the season wore on.

I think it's a case of a fantastic coach getting a fantastic quarterback.

Guys, what a team/player does against another team/player isn't necessarily the measure of said team/player.

When the Dolphins and Jets play, does it matter what the records are? The Jets ALWAYS give us problems. Same thing happens when we play the Patriots. We seem to have the kryptonite.

I wouldn't say it's a 'style-makes-fight' scenario. Certain teams just bring out the best/worst in other teams.

OK, here's how you figure out whether Taylor or Brady is the better pick.

If you could have either Brady or Taylor with the rest of the team the same for this year, with which one do you think the team will win the most games ?

Interesting, huh.

Brady, not even close.

Belichick came in and dumped a lot of the high priced vets in 2000. He was rebuilding that team. I think he kind of expected to be bad.

Who did he dump? Terry Allen? Allen was only there b/c of injuries? shawn Jefferson?

They had alot of the same players in 2000 that they had in 2001.

He didn't look like a superstar that first year. I remember seeing him and the Pats getting pummeled in Miami that year.

he wasn't a great #s guy that year but he made plays when they needed them. he was the reason they started playing well and the biggest reason they won 3 SBs in 4 years. Every player will have a bad start from time to time. he stunk against you the first time but was great the 2nd time you played.

I think it's a case of a fantastic coach getting a fantastic quarterback.

I am not trying to take anything away from BB but he as a failure in Cleveland and was on his way in NE before TB stepped on the field. They would NOT have been even a playoff team if Bledsoe stayed on as the starter.

When the Dolphins and Jets play, does it matter what the records are? The Jets ALWAYS give us problems. Same thing happens when we play the Patriots. We seem to have the kryptonite.

you have the kryptonite except when it really matters. In '01 you beat him in early October but w/ the div on the line he beat you in dec. In '02 you beat them in early Oct again then w/ your season on the line the Pats beat you in week 17, in '03 they swept you, in '04 you beat them in a late meaningless game, in '05 you beat them in week 17 when flutie was drop kicking PATs and rady barely played and last year you did it when you were one and the Pats baically had the div wrapped up. When it matters they always beat you.

24 30 34 88/3.. what 29 years of average age OMFG your right they are geezers :rolleyes2

i remember thinking the same thing about marvin jones, and mo lewis. Only difference is you have Taylor, Thomas, and Porter that are all old....not just the two like we had.

Taylor will still be good, but his numbers will drop, thomas is a bum, and so is porter. Enjoy watching them on the sidelines by week 6 (if your coach is smart).

Who did he dump? Terry Allen? Allen was only there b/c of injuries? shawn Jefferson?

They had alot of the same players in 2000 that they had in 2001.

Jefferson and Allen yes. They gutted that backfield IIRC. They let some lineman go as I recall. One of them (Heath Irwin) was a pretty big bust in Miami thereafter. I think cutting Ben Coates was the biggest move. I guess I remember it being a much bigger blood-letting than it really was.

However, the biggest indictment of Belichick is that he gave Bledsoe that $103 million contract prior to the 2001 season. He may be a great coach, but I don't buy the "we were going to make the switch to Brady anyway" line they try to sell in that book.

he wasn't a great #s guy that year but he made plays when they needed them. he was the reason they started playing well and the biggest reason they won 3 SBs in 4 years. Every player will have a bad start from time to time. he stunk against you the first time but was great the 2nd time you played.
That's pretty much what I said.

I am not trying to take anything away from BB but he as a failure in Cleveland and was on his way in NE before TB stepped on the field. They would NOT have been even a playoff team if Bledsoe stayed on as the starter.
I agree.

you have the kryptonite except when it really matters. In '01 you beat him in early October but w/ the div on the line he beat you in dec. In '02 you beat them in early Oct again then w/ your season on the line the Pats beat you in week 17, in '03 they swept you, in '04 you beat them in a late meaningless game, in '05 you beat them in week 17 when flutie was drop kicking PATs and rady barely played and last year you did it when you were one and the Pats baically had the div wrapped up. When it matters they always beat you.
My point was that they are always close games. That NE doesn't have their normal good/great games against us. We've been bad-to-mediocre the last few years. They've been winning Super Bowls. And yet the games are still close and we generally split the series each year.

Still, I feel like you sold things short in making your point.

Last year we won the second meeting, in December, 21-0. It could have been worse (we took a knee at the 3). And that game mattered. It mattered in the playoff race. And it certainly mattered to the guys on the field, specifically Tom Brady. Nobody had ever seen him come unhinged like that before.

In the first meeting: Harrington's first start. Brady = 140 yards

Our 2004 win, we came from 11 down with less than 4 minutes left....on Monday Night Football.....with Jim Bates leading a 2-11 team....back to beat the 12-1 Pats. And when I say '4 minutes', I mean Cory Dillon scored with less than 4 minutes left.

You call it meaningless. Clearly you didn't see the game. Because 'kryptonite' would be the PERFECT word to describe what happened to Brady in those final two drives. John Madden said flat out before the game that the Dolphins have no chance to win that night.

The first meeting? The Pats hadn't lost in over a year. Brady had 76 yards and an INT.

I agree that the 2005 win was against the second team. But what can you do about it? You can only play who's in front of you.

In the first meeting, we 5 yards from tying it on the last play of the game.

In 2003, we lost the first meeting in OT. Mare missed the game winner in regulation, then another in OT.

I won't even go into the blown leads and bad game management we endured under early Wannstedt. Hurts too much. :lol:

You might find a one game we lost to them that wasn't close. Meanwhile, you'll find more than one game which we won that wasn't close.

The point is, the games are always close. And it rarely looks like "Tom Brady and the Patriots vs. the downtrodden Miami Dolphins" when we play.

To build on your point, the Patriots haven't beaten us when it matters since 2003. We've won the second meeting three straight years.

My point was that they are always close games. That NE doesn't have their normal good/great games against us. We've been bad-to-mediocre the last few years. They've been winning Super Bowls. And yet the games are still close and we generally split the series each year.

Still, I feel like you sold things short in making your point.

Last year we won the second meeting, in December, 21-0. It could have been worse (we took a knee at the 3). And that game mattered. It mattered in the playoff race. And it certainly mattered to the guys on the field, specifically Tom Brady. Nobody had ever seen him come unhinged like that before.

In the first meeting: Harrington's first start. Brady = 140 yards

Our 2004 win, we came from 11 down with less than 4 minutes left....on Monday Night Football.....with Jim Bates leading a 2-11 team....back to beat the 12-1 Pats. And when I say '4 minutes', I mean Cory Dillon scored with less than 4 minutes left.

You call it meaningless. Clearly you didn't see the game. Because 'kryptonite' would be the PERFECT word to describe what happened to Brady in those final two drives. John Madden said flat out before the game that the Dolphins have no chance to win that night.

The first meeting? The Pats hadn't lost in over a year. Brady had 76 yards and an INT.

I agree that the 2005 win was against the second team. But what can you do about it? You can only play who's in front of you.

In the first meeting, we 5 yards from tying it on the last play of the game.

In 2003, we lost the first meeting in OT. Mare missed the game winner in regulation, then another in OT.

I won't even go into the blown leads and bad game management we endured under early Wannstedt. Hurts too much. :lol:

You might find a one game we lost to them that wasn't close. Meanwhile, you'll find more than one game which we won that wasn't close.

The point is, the games are always close. And it rarely looks like "Tom Brady and the Patriots vs. the downtrodden Miami Dolphins" when we play.

To build on your point, the Patriots haven't beaten us when it matters since 2003. We've won the second meeting three straight years.

That's a solid post. You'll never confuse me for a dolphin fan, but when you southies play the Pats, I'm all teal. Those games you just mentioned were awsome to watch.

And you're right about Brady sucking balls in miami, i look forward to it every year.

That's a solid post. You'll never confuse me for a dolphin fan, but when you southies play the Pats, I'm all teal. Those games you just mentioned were awsome to watch.

And you're right about Brady sucking balls in miami, i look forward to it every year.

Now watch him come out and beat our *** this year. :smackhead

Back
Top Bottom