Best RB in the AFCE | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

now how do you rank them?

1. Maroney
2. Brown
3. Jones
4. the A-Train?

why would you have maroney ahead of ronnie? never mind the superior team for maroney ronnie still has had better numbers both his seasons than maroney had last year...

anyway id say

ronnie
thomas jones
maroney
marv levy

1)Ronnie Brown
2)Thomas Jones & Ricky Williams*
3)Laurence Maroney

*-if he's back

Jones is the best followeed by Brown, Mauroney and Thomas. As far as Tandem's Jones & washington are by far the best. We were #4 a week or so ago and now we are #1- not a bad offseason so far.

Right now i would have to say this:

1) Brown - Proven back that will continue to get better.
2)Maroney- Can he be an every down back?
3)Jones - We have yet to see how he performs in the AFC East
4)Ricky - If he comes back to his old form, could be #2 or #1

Brown is not fully proven yet, his best year was 1,008 yds and 5 TDs. Last year Jones had 1210 yds and 6 Tds PLUS he had 301 yds on 5.5 YPC in 3 playoff games w/ 4 TDs. RIGHT NOW Jones is the best the division has to offer, Mauroney and Brown have potential to be better but for the moment Jones is the best.

total yards to me doesn't tell the whole story... i feel YPC are more vital... and ronnie has had 4.4 and 4.2 the previous 2 years on an obviously inferior team than the bears... just because mularkey was too ******ed to give him more carries and his freak injury doesn't mean his yardage stats wouldn't have surpassed jones... jones has had 4.1, 4.3 and 4.0 ypc the last 3 seasons... id still put ronnie ahead of him, not by much and id put jones at number 2...

Brown is not fully proven yet, his best year was 1,008 yds and 5 TDs. Last year Jones had 1210 yds and 6 Tds PLUS he had 301 yds on 5.5 YPC in 3 playoff games w/ 4 TDs. RIGHT NOW Jones is the best the division has to offer, Mauroney and Brown have potential to be better but for the moment Jones is the best.

I would have to agree. I like how Thomas Jones runs. However, I do feel that Ronnie Brown will emerge as the best, he's the most talented. Hopefully Cameron can get the O-line working and Ronnie can really show us what he's got this year.

1.Thomas Jones
2. Ronnie Brown
3.Leon Washington
4.moroney
5.dillon

The Jets went from "pretender" to"contender" by picking up jones, now they have depth across their roster, qb is a weakness though

Brown is not fully proven yet, his best year was 1,008 yds and 5 TDs.

not been for a freak injury that would most likely be different.

1)Marshawn Lynch
Everyone else

Yeah a Back that hasn't proven anything in the pros is much better than everyone else. Not only that you're already penciling him in as a Bills draft pick.

Please tell me you're joking.

total yards to me doesn't tell the whole story... i feel YPC are more vital... and ronnie has had 4.4 and 4.2 the previous 2 years on an obviously inferior team than the bears... just because mularkey was too ******ed to give him more carries and his freak injury doesn't mean his yardage stats wouldn't have surpassed jones... jones has had 4.1, 4.3 and 4.0 ypc the last 3 seasons... id still put ronnie ahead of him, not by much and id put jones at number 2...

He had 4.4 in a limited role in 2005, as a starter he had 4.2 and Jones had 4.1. Both offenses were similar in 2006 for Miami and Chi, neither had a QB and both teams had decent WRs and a good RB. That doesn't mean Brown won't be better b/c again he has the potential to be better the best but as of this moment I'd put Jones at the top.

Jones is the best followeed by Brown, Mauroney and Thomas. As far as Tandem's Jones & washington are by far the best. We were #4 a week or so ago and now we are #1- not a bad offseason so far.

False. If you want to conclude that Thomas Jones, at this point in their careers, has put up better numbers than Ronnie Brown that is fact. This whole idea of whom the better RB for me is tough. If you're going on statistics its Jones like you say.

As far as the bolded statement, that just isn't true. That statement isn't true if Ricky Williams is on this roster. If you use the same data you used to come up with your conclusion that Jones is better than Ronnie based on stats, then you have to say that Ronnie and Ricky are the best tandem. Based on talent and statistics I believe those two are the best tandem. Ricky might even be the best RB in the AFCE period.

Back
Top Bottom